“Great hotel and fantastic location”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #438 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recently spent one night in this hotel. Hotel clean, efficient with very helpful staff. Bar very expensive.
Fantastic location for shopping and restaurants.
We stayed during the very hot weather and room's air conditioning was not working.
Very helpful reception staff moved us to a new room with air conditioning

Room Tip: If weather is hot avoid room 685 as air conditioning does not work
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Robert M
There are newer reviews for Millennium Hotel London Mayfair

Reviewed July 11, 2013

It has been a while since I stayed in a hotel as rank this. What makes it doubly insulting is the price!
Specifically; the staff were surly, arrogant and inconvenienced to help. The bedrooms are quite frankly a disgrace. Bathroom in need of fumigation - let alone a clean. Room generally tattered and filthy - with walls patched up (badly) and old and damaged paint and wallpaper. I dread to think what lurked in the carpet! Aircon crashing and banging all night.
This hotel exists for one thing alone ... and that is to take your money ... and plenty of it. There is no evidence whatsoever of service, customer care or guest comfort.
If I were to suggest a fair price based on my experience of this place it would be about £25 ... the price I would expect to pay for a hostel .. and a bad one at that!
Given the price demanded there are plenty of wonderful other choices - even in Mayfair.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank Gary P
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the Millennium Mayfair Hotel in June. Our stay started with a very warm and friendly check-in and a presentation of the room and the hotel facilities. The room and the whole hotel interior is very elegant and has the typical British style - homely, comfortable and noble.
The Millennium Mayfair is perfectly located to explore London. The tube is only a 5 minutes walk away and if you like shopping: Oxford Street is also only 5 minutes away! But don't forget to walk around in the neighborhood of the hotel...Mayfair is on of the best districts of London.
The hotel staff is always very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend the Club Lounge, where we start our days with the delicious breakfast. Oliver and his team from the Club Lounge ensured that every day starts with a good mood and energy to explore the city.
So overall the Millennium Hotel Mayfair is the perfect base to visit London, because of the excellent service, the perfect location and the relaxing time you can spend in the hotel!
Thanks to the whole hotel team!
Marcus + Aleks

5  Thank Marcus H
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and great central location in London.
Staff were very helpful for a conference we had there and the food was awesome. I found it quite traditional and some if the fixtures felt a little dated, apart from this all good as reflected in overall score.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Leebowra
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Super location for our first time sightseeing trip to London, in our 50's, where did the time go? Very impressed with this lovely hotel on Grosvenor Square, all the staff were very welcoming from the minute we arrived, by car, and found that we were able to park at the hotel for our 5 night stay, and not the underground NCP we had expected to use. The reception staff were also helpful and attentive particularly Tobias Muny, front of house manager.The day we were to check out was the day the Queen went to Westminster Abbey for her coronation jubilee service, the weather was glorious so we requested a delayed check out, which was agreed for 13:00 and walked through Green Park that morning to see the Queen leaving Buckingham Palace and on to Westminster Abbey to see the Royals leave after the service. On our return, feeling quite warm from our walk, we spoke to Tobias, thanking him for the delayed checkout, and chatted with him briefly about seeing the Queen, he then arranged for the porter as we returned to our room and kindly sent us a tray with water and two glasses. What a kind thought, it was a hot day, and he told us not to rush, although it was 13:00. This is an example of warmth we felt from the staff, who made our stay so enjoyable. Our room was spacious and pleasant with a comfortable bed. I loved the decor in the reception lounge with well arranged seating, making for a vibrant atmosphere whenever entering the hotel. Breakfast was a joy, with a wide choice on a large buffet to suit many tastes. The local area has quite a village feel about it, with lovely little gems like Mount St Gardens, a tranquil spot to sit a while, but Oxford St just a 5 minute walk. There is a lot more of London for us to see, so looking forward to a return visit, and more champagne cocktails in the Pine Bar.

5  Thank joan_ray_manchester
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I visited the hotel early June through work, from the outside the hotel looked very impressive that was complimented well by the public areas. Though once you get into your room it starts looking tired with chips in the varnish, the air conditioning was also not working problem which i discovered when I woke up the next morning and though set to 18 degrees I was sweating and reading at 24 degrees. Also I was disappointed that even though their was a fridge in the room they only provide milk jiggers which was whole milk,it would have been nice for fresh milk or at least a semi skimmed option in the room. Also when we checked in I was given the WiFi code as it was included in our room though when I went down to meet the rest of our party I found out I was one of the only ones to be given the code on check in. Then the next morning when I went down for my breakfast no one really explained what I was entitled to or where everything was. They walked me up past the continental buffet kind of pointed that out to me, then once I was sat they took my hot drink order, then once they dropped it of that ws the last time anyone checked on me,even though I was watching them have conversations and checking on other customers. Though I admit there was a wide selection of continental on offer, they still seemed to lack semi skimmed milk though again there was whole and skimmed on offer for the cereal. I had looked on the menu and with there being to breakfast options as I wasn't informed about the hot buffet I assumed you ordered the cooked breakfast and that it would be cooked fresh and I would charged for it. I only found out about the hot buffet when I got back to work and a colleague commented on the hot breakfast. Up until then I was left disappointed with the hotel for the price but was going to leave it at that, but after discovering how bad my breakfast service was I felt I needed to inform the hotel, I used there feedback system and got no reply or acknowledgement so after 10 days I tried again and again after 10 days no reply so I thought I would leave a review on here to see if I get a response but so far from previous attempts to contact them it shows their lack of customer service. Again I didn't want it to come to this as I didn't want to seem ungrateful to my bosses putting me forward and bringing me down as a guest. The other disappointment is I get married at the end of the year and was going to look at booking a room for a few nights as a little honeymoon as a treat as normally a hotel like this would be out of our price range even for a night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank swalesuk01
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Millennium Mayfair hotel is a good place to stay at. The location of the hotel is not bad (Mayfair just 10 minutes walk to Marble Arch & 7 minutes to Selfridges Oxford Street). If you like old style hotels, then this is the place to be. It is an old English Building with old doors and floors. The best thing about this hotel is the service, the staff greet you with smiles specially at the concierge (mainly Toni and Shar) and the restaurant. The concierge arranged everything for us (bus tickets, show tickets & even entrance tickets to museums) so we didn't have to waste our time queuing. The breakfast selection was great, and the TV channels were excellent.

My wife was unhappy with the door of the room because it was too heavy, and also the old furniture (specially curtains) but for me that is not an important thing. Two minor things I didn't like about this hotel are: 1) there are no complimentary water bottles for guests. 2) No free internet. All great hotels provide these two things for guests free of charge. Millennium Mayfair is not a cheap hotel, so providing these two non-expensive things to the guests should not be a problem.

I liked the hotel so much, and if I visit the hotel again, this hotel will definitely be one of the options.

1  Thank Janahi