“Good for a London Hotel”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #437 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Millennium Mayfair hotel is a good place to stay at. The location of the hotel is not bad (Mayfair just 10 minutes walk to Marble Arch & 7 minutes to Selfridges Oxford Street). If you like old style hotels, then this is the place to be. It is an old English Building with old doors and floors. The best thing about this hotel is the service, the staff greet you with smiles specially at the concierge (mainly Toni and Shar) and the restaurant. The concierge arranged everything for us (bus tickets, show tickets & even entrance tickets to museums) so we didn't have to waste our time queuing. The breakfast selection was great, and the TV channels were excellent.

My wife was unhappy with the door of the room because it was too heavy, and also the old furniture (specially curtains) but for me that is not an important thing. Two minor things I didn't like about this hotel are: 1) there are no complimentary water bottles for guests. 2) No free internet. All great hotels provide these two things for guests free of charge. Millennium Mayfair is not a cheap hotel, so providing these two non-expensive things to the guests should not be a problem.

I liked the hotel so much, and if I visit the hotel again, this hotel will definitely be one of the options.

1  Thank Janahi

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Millenium Mayfair is my favourite hotel in London. Having stayed here on many occassions, I am never disappointed.
The hotel is a very short walk from Bond Street tube. A perfect location - Selfridges is a few minutes walk away. As well as Oxford street, Regents Street, Old & New Bond Street. Its fabulous for shopping & some of London's best restaurants are on your doorstep in Mayfair.
The hotel is lovely.
We stayed in a Club Room, which by London standards is big. Nice big comfy bed. Lounge area, good sized bathroom.
The advantage of booking a Club room, is access to the Club lounge. Which has fabulous views over the city and plenty of complimentary nibbles & drinks for members to enjoy.
The hotel has 2 very good bars. We enjoyed cocktails in Avista, then after dinner we had a few nightcaps in the Pine bar. There is a piano & a pianist in the Pine bar & a really warm atmosphere - it was lovely. There is also Avista restaurant - but we chose to eat at the other hotel restaurant - Shogun. Highly recommended.
The Millenium Mayfair ticks all the boxes. Its my favourite place to stay & I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Club rooms are highly recomennded
1  Thank bl0ndie72
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently stayed here in a Club Room which gave me access to the club lounge. The hotel is easy to find and considering it's London I expected a lot of noise but it was surprisngly peaceful.
The public areas are very plush and up to the Mayfair standard.

The club room itself was very large, but I was dissapointed as the "double" bed was a zip and link bed so it was very uncomfortable in the middle. The shower was very powerful and felt a little like you were being hosed down as opposed to a relaxing power shower.

The Club lounge atmosphere felt a little stuffy, but there was plenty of nibbles and drinks available. The staff were also very attentive.

We were dissapointed with breakfast, whilst the choice was excellent (however no black pudding sadly) the food was all cold which did ruin it slightly.

All in all an enjoyable trip and somewhere where I would recommend.

Room Tip: Club Rooms give you access to the club lounge which includes free nibbles, canapes, drinks (inc alco...
1  Thank KellyM547
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We made a same day reservation having been disappointed with our previous hotel and asking for a refund! Thankfully, the Millenium had a vacancy and we had a standard room looking out over the park. The first thing I noticed was how warm and welcoming the staff were. We were made to feel right at home.

The room was smaller than I expected but very comfortable, with all the usual amenities. The bed was very comfortable as there's nothing worse than waking up with a sore back. I was slightly disappointed that Wi-Fi was charged at 5 GPB for four consecutive hours. If you have an extended stay, you could tot up quite a bill with these charges. Free Wi-Fi should be the accepted standard these days.

We didn't try the breakfast as I'm not a fan of dried up food in bain maries. I prefer freshly cooked food in a nearby cafe. However, we did try some room service food. Even though it arrived in a timely manner, it was luke warm and a bit of a disappointment.

Overall, I can confidently recommend the Millennium - it's strengths are its people, its location and pleasant ambience.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sue-Murray
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I spent few hours in this place for a meeting and had the chance to have a drink in the bar.
The place is in a charming and quiet location while being close to many attractions.
Very nice decoration.
The tea served is delicious, the staff polite, friendly and very diligent, and the atmosphere very nice.
From the bar, there is a fantastic view over a beautiful garden.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mhkebe
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my second stay at the Milennium Mayfair, its has to be one of the best hotels for service and location with being 5 minutes walk away from Oxford Street but in a wonderfully quiet location away from all the hustle and bustle, ideal for coming back and recharging your batteries!.
On Booking I requested a double room with bath overlooking Grosvenor Square which unfortunately still wasn't ready by 4.30pm. But we were more than compensated with an upgrade to a Superior Double with a lovely large double bed, dressing gowns etc.,
The staff do their upmost to meet all your requests and are all very friendly. It was very nice to meet manager Altin Duka again who is always so helpful, friendly and polite a credit to the hotel.
We always enjoy coming back to relax in the Pine Bar and enjoy the wonderful cocktails after a hard days shopping or sightseeing. See you again on our next visit to London!

4  Thank janeybhead
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite which included an English breakfast. The room was fantastic and the bedd was huge. We had complimentary fruit and robes. The position of the hotel was great and square in which it sat had lots of character property. I would thoroughly recommend this establishment. Even the price was good at £165.00 per night. For a London hotel with four stars, that is good value for money.

Room Tip: Go for a suite, it includes breakfast. At around twenty pounds each, it's worth it to save some...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple