We made a same day reservation having been disappointed with our previous hotel and asking for a refund! Thankfully, the Millenium had a vacancy and we had a standard room looking out over the park. The first thing I noticed was how warm and welcoming the staff were. We were made to feel right at home.
The room was smaller than I expected but very comfortable, with all the usual amenities. The bed was very comfortable as there's nothing worse than waking up with a sore back. I was slightly disappointed that Wi-Fi was charged at 5 GPB for four consecutive hours. If you have an extended stay, you could tot up quite a bill with these charges. Free Wi-Fi should be the accepted standard these days.
We didn't try the breakfast as I'm not a fan of dried up food in bain maries. I prefer freshly cooked food in a nearby cafe. However, we did try some room service food. Even though it arrived in a timely manner, it was luke warm and a bit of a disappointment.
Overall, I can confidently recommend the Millennium - it's strengths are its people, its location and pleasant ambience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing Georgian-style Hotel situated in city center, overlooking Grosvenor Square & adjacent to American Embassy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Hotel London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Mayfair London
- Hotel Millennium Mayfair
- Millennium Hotel London Mayfair England