“Convenient spot for a conference”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #450 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently attended a national conference at this hotel. The spot is convenient and considering where it is in London is also just off the beaten track from all the tourists. Staff were fine but not exceptional, food was OK, conference rooms were well organised but some colleagues who were actually staying the night were grumbling about their rooms and the cost. A great conferencê but felt hotel was getting a bit tired in places.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Napoleon W W
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

Your comments suggest that certain aspects of your stay may not have met your expectations and for this, we offer you our sincere apologies.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact me by email: karen.turner@millenniumhotels.co.uk

Yours sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

As a repeat offender of this hotel, I must declare that I do love coming here. It is a great place to stay. The staff is nothing less than amazing!! From the moment I am checked in to the moment I leave the hotel, all of my needs are attended to, even before I know I have them! Assam, Ramy, Tobias, Amandine in the reception are amazing. Gloria and all the waiters in the restaurant (in the morning and evening) are simply fabulous. Even the cleaning ladies are cheerful and make me smile!!

This being said, I would like to mention the club. First off, Selam and Oliver are simply the best. They make you feel welcome, they go the extra mile (even if it is a smile which is actually sincere), and make you not want to leave. Breakfast in the club lounge is a must if I want to start the day off on the right foot (If Selam or Oliver are there)! I have stayed in three other 5 star London hotels yet come back for their (and the rest of the staff's) service.

This being sad, I am disappointed with some of the changes they made between the visit before my last one and my last one. The first one, which I can live with, is that they took away the evening snacks/tea time in the lounge and replaced it with room service vouchers. I used to look forward to my 6 PM escape from London's hustle and bustle and have a quick bite to eat while catching up with friends, the news, or meeting new people.

The second is the new person in the lounge. (Which is so much harder to live with and sometimes makes me reconsider staying here.) I will NEVER, EVER, EVER go to the lounge if that other, rude, rude woman (Pat, Patty, or Patricia) is there! She is the only reason why my service rating is so low. The second I went in, her "smile" made my stomach queasy, when I asked her for something she told me to get it myself, and when I said I did not know how she went to the only other guest in the lounge and started complaining about me WITHIN EARSHOT. This woman does not belong in this hotel and now when I go, I have made it a habit of calling ahead to see who is working before heading up. If the operator tells me it is P, then I avoid the club like the plague! This has happened a few times and now he just chuckles when I vocalise my disdain. Next time I am there, I will complain about her behaviour to the manager because it is a true shame for such an establishment to be tarnished by the likes of one employee but, alas, every institute has its fault (to say the least). It is to bad that the Millennium Mayfair's fault could jeopardize the perception of an otherwise pleasant stay. Perhaps she can be moved to a place where guests are not required to interact?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Penguinissimo
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your last stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

It was good to note that, overall, you received good service from the team but we are sorry you were disappointed by some aspects of your stay and are grateful to you for taking the time to discuss your concerns with us offline.

We are delighted that you will be returning to the Millennium Mayfair again soon and look forward to extending a warm welcome to you on that occasion

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We spent a few nights at this hotel last week and what a lovely experience. We arrived early and asked if they could store our bags for us till it was time to check in. They checked on the system and informed us that They had a room ready for us and we could check in right away! They had also upgraded us as we were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary and gave us discount vouchers to use at one of their restaurants! The hotel is perfectly positioned - very close to all the shops on Bond and Oxford streets and to the Bond street tube station. The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating and very clued up on all that's happening in London. From dinner reservations to theatre shows etc. The room was clean and very spacious and comfortable. Apart from them not replenishing our bathroom supplies on the last night, we could find no fault with this hotel. The super efficient service from the staff at the front desk totally made up for it. We look forward to staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Our room was lovely. I don't expect to find a bad room at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tanya Christie W

Dear Guest

Many thanks for sharing your most favourable comments with your fellow Tripadvisor readers.

We are delighted our team were able to make your stay a memorable one and sincerely hope you will consider returning to the Millennium Mayfair when you next visit London.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed for one night, checked in no problem, we were early but room was ready, stayed in a club room, very nice, clean, all that we needed. Hotel location excellent! Returned to the hotel Club Room at about 8pm and was looked after by Patricia who can only be described as EXCEPTIONAL, her attention to detail was fabulous, she was very attentive but not overpowering and had impeccable manners and attitude. We had breakfast also in the club room room which was also excellent, hot food, fresh fruit and a brilliant cappucino machine! Would definitely stay there again! Mr and Mrs Robinson :-)

Room Tip: Club rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chrissie2612_11

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting your feeback on your recent stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and that the service you received from Patricia made your stay that little bit more memorable.

Do please think of our Hotel when you are next planning a visit to London.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. As mentioned above, very good location, just a few minutes walk from Oxford St. The room was comfortable enough, although the bathroom had nowhere to plug in the hairdryer. The lighting in the bedroom was not bright enough to style your hair there.
The breakfast was excellent with many hot and cold choices from which to choose. The restaurant was ridiculously expensive.I ordered sea bass, and the only thing on the plate was a piece of fish about 4 inches by 2 inches and a few pieces of brocolli hidden underneath the fish. That was 25 pounds, that is about $40, they charged 5 pounds 20 for a bottle of water, about $8
On top of that, I had a tuna sandwich and a glass of juice in the Pine Bar which was 13 pounds 58, about $18, for which I paid cash, then after checkout, the next day, I found that they had charged my credit card with $77. I called them from my next destination which was Spain, and left me on hold for 10 minutes. I checked my account the next day and found that the $77 charge had been reduced to $23! I called my bank, sent them the cash receipt, and now the amount has been credited in full.
If I had not kept the receipt, It would have been my word against theirs!
So not too confident about their accounting!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank itchyfeetGoldCoast

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on your last stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

We are sorry to learn of the billing problems you encountered during your stay and would like to offer you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We would like to identify exactly how these problems arose and I would be grateful if you could contact me with your details: karen.turner@millenniumhotels.co.uk

Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Rooms are decent and decently priced, and location for Mayfair / west End is great. However, as one is accustomed to in larger hotels, one is treated very much as a number and processed as cattle, with no caring or personalized service. Would a smile hurt, or any empathy?

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Antony S
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Big and impersonal hotel. Long monocolor corridors with plenty of rooms. Stayed in a classic room, which was clean but pretty plain. The toilet was narrow and blind, and with no shower (unless you want to take it inside the bath tub). The wireless internet wasn't include, which is upsetting considering the room rate.
Breakfast very good, both full English and continental.
The staff at the reception is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business