Let me start by saying that I read many reviews and I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. It was a great 4 star hotel with 5 star service. We arrived by taxi and the doorman was there opening the door for us. Check in took about 5 minutes. We were on the fourth floor and had a room with a king size bed, sofa, desk, flat screen tv, nightstands with lights, and a chest of drawers. The carpet was like new and the linens immaculate. the bed itself was oh so comfortable. The bathroom was large with a heated towel rack, large tub/shower, a magnifying mirror on an arm, and the regular toiletries. Again, the bathroom was very clean but I must say that the towels were huge and the best quality that I've used in all my travels.
The view from our room was the other side of the hotel but it was not a concern because we left in the morning and returned late. I am really not concerned about views unless I intend to spend a lot of time in the room.
The breakfast was very plentiful and well worth it. There was the regular hot foods of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, and hashbrowns. You can order any kind of eggs and toast and they will prepare them for you at no extra charge. They had a cold cereal and yogurt table as well as a hot cereal with toppings table. They had a bread table and cold cuts table and my favorite the croissant and flaky pastry table. Once seated the waiter will take your order for coffee, tea or specialty coffees. Just delicious.
Kudos go to the concierge at this hotel especially Tiernan. We had our flights cancelled due to hurricane Sandy and he helped us through the chaos. His recommendations throughout the stay were wonderful.
There were two charming bars in the hotel and a comfortable lobby. It was just a lovely stay and I would highly reccomend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing Georgian-style Hotel situated in city center, overlooking Grosvenor Square & adjacent to American Embassy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Millennium Hotel London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Mayfair London
- Hotel Millennium Mayfair
- Millennium Hotel London Mayfair England