“Clean but VERY small room”

Comfort Inn London - Westminster
Ranked #860 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Borup, Denmark
“Clean but VERY small room”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room was clean but very, very small - even for London. The bathroom was tiny, not a bathroom, really, but just a small toilet with a shower curtain that didn't even reach the floor. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Nice location close to Victoria whick was very convenient for the train to an from Gatwick.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Vesth,

We’re glad to know we played a positive role in general on your visit and the important travel links made traveling convenient for you. It looks like you were not very happy with the size of the room and the bathroom. Taking the opportunity I would like to inform you that the hotel is looking into upgrading a selection of bathrooms. Please contact me directly before making your future travel plans so I can personally make sure you are assigned a spacious room.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,
Abida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I spend 2 nights in this hotel on a business trip. Rooms are well appointed and have all you need for your stay. The staff is great and always happy to assists and offer their service without having to ask. I felt totally relaxed and enjoyed every moment of my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aga804
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Aga,

It gave us immense pleasure to know you ‘enjoyed every moment of your stay’ with us. Thank you for a nice and sweet review. We’re completely overwhelmed to read your positive feedback on the Central House Hotel Team and their friendly customer service. We’ll be looking forward for your next visit to London and hopefully for a longer period. Please do let us know of your future plans!!

Speak soon!!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First things first, this is a budget 3* hotel so if you want luxury then this is not the place for you! It is however a good central base for the city, within easy reach of Pimlico underground station. Yes, there are better hotels around but you get what you pay for and I have certainly stayed in worse!

I stayed in room 1, a basement room. It was clean, the décor modern and the bed surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom was, as I had expected from reading other reviews, tiny and could really do with modernising. The shower was ridiculously tiny, I was attacked by the shower curtain each time I moved, and it desperately needs re-grouting. The towel rail was rusty which really wouldn’t take much to replace

Room1 was very noisy, I was woken several times during the night by people slamming doors in the rooms above, and when I eventually managed to fall asleep again was woken by the staff preparing breakfast! If I were to stay again I would request a room on the higher floors.

All in all, this is an OK hotel and if you are looking for a cheap base then it’s fine. Personally I prefer something a little more luxurious; however this was a last minute booking and was all I could find within a suitable price range. Would I stay again? Probably, but for no more than one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shar_JX
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Shar,

Thank you for a detailed review on your recent stay at Central House Hotel Victoria.

Your review shows that we had few misses and it wasn't at all a lucky day. We sorry for the inconveniences you faced.

We've gone through your feedback and tried to rectify the errors so our future guests receive an exceptional service. We will continue making improvements and thank you for your suggestions and observations.

Your preferences are noted in the guest profile. I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us again in the near future.

Warm regards,
London
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip.

This hotel is cheap, probably not far off hostel prices if you're sharing. Consequently it attracts plenty of young backpackers. If you don't keep the same hours as they do, don't expect much sleep. This isn't helped by the fact that the hotel is on a noisy road.

The rooms are basic, the bathrooms are newer but mine had a dripping toilet and a rather weedy shower.

I thought I was doing my employer a favour picking such inexpensive digs, but given my sleepy lack of productivity the next day I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth it.

Like I say, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank als1981
Dear Als,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

In regards to your comment on what type of guests visit us; you may have a look at the TripAdvisor reviews and figure out that we have families, couples and guests who visit London for business purposes staying with us too.

We apologize for the not completely satisfying stay you had at the hotel. I wonder whether the reception was informed of the situation as the customer service is there to assist you with any problems you may face even if it’s changing the rooms at any time of the day. Thank you for pointing these things out and giving us the insight on how to improve and make things better!
Once again We apologize for not being aware of your issue and that you could not get the service you deserved.

Kind regards,
Abida.

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

SouthLanarkshire
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights on a theatre and shopping break. Absolutely nothing to complain about- I cant understand some of the reviews, Its a budget hotel in central london, in a great location. Yes the rooms are small- and the shower room even smaller, but spotlessly clean, everything worked and the beds were very good, What more would you want for a nights sleep in the capital city?- and at a good price. Breakfast was fine- not a huge choice, but plenty of it and all fresh ready to help yourself. Staff were always friendly and helpful. I would advise that you ask for an upper floor room- it is on a busy road, but traffic noise was minimal on the 2nd floor. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: On an upper floor to avoid traffic noise. Definitely not in basement as the luggage room is there an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would love to have you back too!! A massive ‘Thank You’ for appreciating everything and for putting up a fabulous review.
Please don’t be unnoticed next time… Why not sit for a cup of coffee together?
Looking forward to see you soon!!

Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at the Central Hotel 9th & 10th January. On my arrival I was pleased to find a cheerful clean safe room. I'd come off a long flight and crashed straight to sleep. So far so good.

Got up in the morning for a shower, to be scorched by boiling hot water. Tried everything to cool the water to no avail. Called for help. The staff member couldn't help. Other than to arrange for me to shower in a room one flight down. (involving a trip in the lift, past the breakfast room in my pyjamas... nice.) Half an hour wasted and an embarrassing start to the day. Was told the shower in my room would be fixed by the time I returned.

Returned on the 10th after a long day to be told the shower could not be fixed, but I could move to another room. I moved me and my 5 bags downstairs to a basement room where the window was permanently ajar with no safety chains (unlike the room on the 1st floor) with direct access to the street. It did not feel safe so I asked for another room.

Me and my 5 bags moved up to the fourth floor to a room which felt safe. It had a musty smell but I thought that would go... after a sleepless night in a blisteringly hot room (despite 2 windows open)with an unpleasant musty smell which I could not get rid of, I went for a shower. Lo and behold, the shower in this room was also of the scorching variety. I left having had no shower and now have to use a friends gym pass in order to shower before work.

All I ask for when I stay in a hotel is a clean, comfortable, safe room with a shower that works. Unfortunately 3 of the rooms I experienced at Central Hotel failed to deliver this basic service.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a shower that works
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We would like to begin with an apology for the kind of service you received during your visit. This is certainly not indicative for the high service standards we strive to offer on a daily basis. It’s very unfortunate that we had a problem with the boiler due to which the situations got worse. Although it’s impossible to go back and rearrange your visit but we promise to arrange an ideal stay on your next visit. But for that you’ll have to be generous enough to give us a second chance. We’ll stay in touch via TripAdvisor private messaging system and if you would like to discuss it further, please contact us anytime.

Please do let me know when your travel plans will bring you back to London.
Kind regards,
Randalstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I am amazed at some off the reviews I have seen on here for the Central house Hotel....This Hotel has everything any traveller needs. Myself and 12 others just stayed in the Hotel for 2 nights ( my 2nd stay in the hotel this year) and everything from the staff to the food was first class. The decor had been updated since my last visit and considering the building is so old it looks amazing . The beds where clean and comfortable and breakfast was plentiful..I really cant see why the reviews are so bad. I really do believe some people are not happy unless they have something to complain about and I WILL be going back to the hotel and I will be recomending it to any off my family or friends who are visiting London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RoisinKearns
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Roisin,

Thank you very much for the compliments!!

It gives us great pleasure to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Central House Hotel. Your message has been conveyed to all the staff members and they’re tremendously motivated and overwhelmed by your response.

Thank you for always choosing Central House Hotel on your London trips. We’ll certainly look forward to your next visit.

Wish you and our family a fabulous 2013!!
Best regards,