“Fine for a night or two”

BEST WESTERN Corona
Ranked #537 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Surrey
“Fine for a night or two”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a Theatre/Hotel break. We found it perfectly adequate for our needs, everywhere was clean, staff friendly, room was small but fine for a nights stay, comfortable bed,good shower & a good continental breakfast. we slept well & found the hotel very quiet. We were on the first floor & at the back of the hotel. Only 10min walk to Victoria Station & 5 mins to Pimlico tube, excellent for getting around. Yes we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this one. I have spent many nights in best western hotels, and this one should be classified as an economy hotel.
Room was small, bed rolled around on an uneven floor, the shower was in a bad state, the loo seat was loose, and the supposedly free wifi did not work.

The room was so hot, that although it was freezing outside, you slept with the window open to keep the room cool.

Breakfast is only a continental, and nothing special at that, so no good cooked breakfast to get you going for the day.

All in all a waste of the 64000 points I used up on the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank myboyke

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

On a fundamental level this hotel is fine for short stays of one or two nights max, The rooms are really small....I mean REALLY small. Barely enough space between the bed and desk/chair to walk. Saying that, my room was very clean and had everything I needed...TV, wardrobe, toilet, shower etc. Toiletries were nice, shower was really good - powerful and good temperature control. Previous reviews make out that it's really noisy if you get a room on the frnt - this is fairly true however the street outside is not a really busy one (compared with somewhere lik Rssel Square) and I slept fine. The hotel is in a nice area, plenty of nice restaurants and bars up the road. My only concern with staying here was that there are no raiators in therooms and instead there are portable electric heaters. My worry is that if smeone in another room left one switched on and any clothing etc fell on top of the heater this could cause a fire.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emma D
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed for one night on a business trip, really pleased that the hotel was near to the underground and within walking distance of Westminster, lovely walk to my meeting the next day by the river. The hotel was small and in an old building so a bit rickerty . The room was small but had everything needed for a comfortable stay. It was spotlessly clean , bed and pillows comfortable, pleased that there was a mirror over the dressing table as many hotels don't bother with this now and I like to sit comfortably in the morning to do my make up and hair. The TV reception was a bit hit and miss but that didn't bother me too much as I was only staying one night and i used my ipad as they had free wifi. My room was at the back so nice and quiet and I could control the heating so wasn't too hot at night which can be really unpleasant. The breakfast was fine, plenty on offer and good value at under £6. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay again , bit of a bargain for the location.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel rooms are small and basic. The bathrooms are also small. My shower looked clean but on closer inspection there was a small hair present
Breakfast was not great.
Overall, I was looking forward to waking up and leaving.
Don't get me wrong, other than the hair incident the room was clean enough. The beds were ok and I did sleep well.
The staff were also lovely (reception and breakfast staff)
It's just not a place I would stay again. I paid £150 and for an extra £30-£50 could have stated in a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just got back from a weekend in London, which we enjoyed, apart from the hotel which was very noisy and I don't mean from outside, we could hear everything from surrounding rooms especially the room above, every floorboard creaked, the room was very small, bathroom door didn't lock, sink plug you had to work manually from underneath, little things I know but after paying £170 per night I expected better.
The staff on reception left a lot to be desired, no interaction at all, don't even know if they spoke english, breakfast staff were very friendly though. One thing in its favour is the location, easy access to the underground at Pimlico.
Best Western, never again.

Room Tip: If you want a double room I would maybe opt for a twin which would possibly be a slightly bigger roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have returned from a great 2 night stay at the Corona. Great location we could Walk everywhere, the tube station not to far and there's a bus stop close to hotel and after a days exploring return to a comfortable room with a view could see the London eye from our room :). The Corona is just what we needed.

• Stayed January 2013