“Great location, clean hotel”

Hanover Hotel Victoria
Ranked #275 of 560 London B&B and Inns
Surrey, Canada
“Great location, clean hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for a week. Small room but great location (walking distance to Buckingham Palace and to the Tube). The room was clean and had a fan to help with the heat. It was excellent for the city you are in and location!

The staff were friendly and helpful. Recommended great curry restaurant, that even my 4year old loved so much we went back 3 times. They assisted us when we lost our camera and helped us get it back.

The breakfast could be improved with better coffee, other than that it was a continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melisha3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Fontenay-le-Fleury, France
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Y stayed in London 4 days and y have sleeped 3 night in this hotel.
good room, good breakfeast, no problem to keep the luggages in a place when we lived the room.
HANOVER hostel is very correct , the room are small but clean and the towels are changed every day.
The price is very correct for this type of hotel.
If y return to london , i will return in this hotel well situated near VICTORIA station 10 minutes walking for a man who is not too young

Room Tip: very good hostel for the price not too noisy on the street on the night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My adult daughter and I spent one night here. Our twin room was in the basement, and smelt musty. The room was of reasonable size, but the bathroom was tiny. If cleanliness is next to godliness, this hotel is run by demons. Dusty, musty, and dirty. The breakfast - thrown in with the room rate, was adequate, although the breakfast room (also in the basement) was too small, and to leave our table we had to ask those at the next table to allow us passed. The location is great, its just a shame about the state of this so-called 3 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night at The hanover hotel.The good points the place is decorated really nice colour schemes. The rooms was a little on the small side but it was clean and really good value for money. We had a triple room and I really can't complain. We had breakfast it was simple but that's all you need on a short break. The hotel was close to Wicked threate and BIlly ELliott. When we check out of the hotel we said bye to the member of staff on the reception and he didn't say any thing back.which I didn't think it was good customer service. I would stay at this hotel again if your a budget this is a great hotel ;)

• Stayed July 2013
Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was having trouble finding a hotel in Lonfon for our family of four to stay for 2 nights in July at any sort of reasonable price. We have stayed in London quite a few times, in various parts of the city & different hotels, but all the hotels I tried were either fully booked or very expensive. A travel agent friend found this one for me. I checked reviews on it before booking & most were ok, some bad ones (but you get that as people's expectations are different) so I booked it. Since then however more bad reviews were posted & I was getting a bit worried. We arrived early in London, well before check in time & went to hotel. We were allowed to leave our cases in luggage room (note this room is not locked & they dont check your luggage in & out like other hotels I've been in) but they let us leave a small backpack with more valuable items (passports, tablet, tickets etc) with receptionist behind desk for safe keeping. We went off to do some sightseeing & arrived back at hotel about 4pm to check in. We had a quadruple room (2 double beds) on lower ground floor (basement). Stairs are steep & narrow but as we only had 1 flight to do it was fine. Room was good size, esp for London. Reasonable size wardrobe type storage, smallish dressing table with kettle, tea & coffee, hairdryer & fan. Fan was esp needed as it was very hot while we were there (no air con but we were aware of this). Our room looked out onto small square courtyard which other rooms looked out onto as well. We were able to open window fully and as room was in basement, sun didnt get down that far & between leaving window open & keeping fan on, temperature was ok, even though there was a heatwave outside. Bathroom small (good sized shower) but had everything that was needed. Took a while to get hot water through at first but no issues after that. Room & bathroom weren't spotless but no major issues, better than some of the chain hotels I've stayed in before. Floor in our room did seem to slope slightly but not a problem once you were aware of it. Good comfortable beds & pillows, with extra pillows in wardrobe. Small TV on wall but could see it from both beds & all freeview channels available. As we were in basement & towards back of hotel, we had no issues with noise. Could hear people in room above as they moved around but not an issue. One of the quietest London hotels I've stayed in. Hotel is made up of two joined properties so had to go back up through reception & down onto basement on other side to get to breakfast room. Wouldnt have wanted a room in this area as there would have been a lot of noise with people going up & down to breakfast. Breakfast room small & tables tight together, always busy & not much room if there is a queue. Self service continental - toast, croissants, rolls, cereal, fruit juice, ham, cheese yoghurt, tea/coffee. It was fine but didnt take cereal, ham or cheese as it was very warm & milk, ham & cheese we just sitting on counter, there was no cooler unit & we weren't sure how long they had been sitting out. Left our luggage in luggage room after checking out as we were getting a late flight & went back for it later. Good location close to Victoria train/tube/bus station, just 10 minute walk. May be too far away from shops snd sights etc for some, but not an issue for us as tube got us quickly to wherever we wanted to go (used a few taxis as well & taxi rank at the station with taxis always available at it). Would stay again if we could have same room. For price we paid compared to what other hotels were looking, fairly happy with experience (cooler unit in breakfast room & locked luggage room witj luggage checked in/out would be my main suggestments for improvements). Staff were pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My second time staying here, it's a decent enough hotel, rooms are quite teeny tiny though and keep in mind, there's no elevator in this hotel (which they tell you about at their online site). The receptionists are very friendly (hope they stay like that when I ask them to help me bring my suitcase downstairs from the 4th floor am staying at :) Free wifi adds more bonus points and the fact that this hotel is a 5 minute walk to Victoria train station and 3 minutes to Victoria coach station (perfect for anyone arriving or leaving for the airport by bus)

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here alone with low expectations knowing that it is a "budget hotel" but still was left feeling horrible given the condition and services offered by this "hotel".

Let's first start with the conditions of the hotel - I had a room on the 4th floor and had to draw two large suitcases through the tiny staircases. The hotel room was filthy and looks nothing like those pictures they've used for marketing and promotional purposes. Carpet was torn and there were marks all over the walls in my room. Rooms were not sound proofed as I could hear my neighbors arguing all night and even after that, I could hear in my room of the guy snoring next door.

Then comes the service - Wifi was free but was extremely slow (I suggest you using your personal hotspot as they has proven to be much faster). The TV came with only two channels with one being jewelry auction and the other being BBC. Knowing all entertainment channels are busted, I turned to the shower just to realize that there is NO HOT WATER!?!

I then approached the receptionist just to be told that there's nothing he can do about it. Stay away !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo