“Senior travellers”

Ranked #287 of 554 London B&B and Inns
lowestoft
“Senior travellers”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Good value, very clean & comfortable beds.Bathroom could do with somewhere to put toiletries.
Lovely fluffy pure white bath sheets & hand towels.
Good selection at breakfast (continental) but dining room too cramped & poorly equiped.
Easy access to top attractions.

Room Tip: No lift so stick to lower floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank johnknowlden
General M, General Manager at Hanover Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views of your stay at the Hanover Hotel.
I am extremely happy and proud to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you once again and my team and I look forward to being of service in the future should you wish to stay with us again.

Sanchit Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Clermont Ferrand
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel seemed to be a good value for money. the price of the rooms was OK, the staff was nice and the room quite big.
But the cleanliness was disappointing: the room was smelly (maybe because not aerated) and I had the bad surprise to discover that the sheets had not been changed (I will not detail what I found in the bed but it was quite disgusting and makes you want to go to another place). I am not even sure they actually changed the sheets when I asked them to do so...

Very Disappointing.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel due to what I found in the bed, but if you decide to go for it, che...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CR63
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued review.
Accommodation should never be in the condition you have described and I would be very interested in tracking the cleaning team responsible. I woud like to assure you, however, that rooms are cleaned thoroughly after every check out.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time at the hotel and hope that it did not ruin your time in London.

Sanchit Patel

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Akaroa
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked this hotel through one of the late booking websites the day before I came to London. I chose it based on a combination of price and location - easy walking distance of Victoria subway and bus stations. It's one of many smallish hotels in the area.

I had a below-street room so the natural light and outlook weren't perfect. The two large single beds fitted snugly so it was a chore to get around them to get to the bathroom, where the shower leaked buckets.

But... It was inexpensive, the bed was comfortable, the room was tidy, the location was handy and the front desk helpful. There are a couple of good pubs nearby. More positives than negatives.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Manuhiri
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Hanover Hotel.
I am happy to read that you had a pleasurable stay with us. Your comments, suggestions and opinions mean very much to us as it helps us to improve our product.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Bangkok
Reviewed October 4, 2012

In the beginning, I was disappointed with the room because it was very small. Before I checked in, I expected it would be small but I didn't expect it would be "that small". Secondly, there was no lift, I had to carry my luggage to the 4th floor. Anyway, these first 2 things are understandable. I shouldn't expect much from a cheap hotel in an expensive city like London. The unacceptable thing is the third one. I understand you got what you paid for and I also understand that now everybody should try to be "green", that means towels, bed sheets and blanket covers might not be changed everyday but does that mean if anything becomes dirty, it shouldn't be changed either? One day, I made some dirty stains on my blanket accidentally and on the following day, I found out that my blanket cover was not changed--they just turned the blanket upside down so I did not see the stains when I was back to the room but when I flipped the blanket, of course, the stains were there (you can see the stains at the pictures I attached)!!! What a very dirty hotel!!! And when I told the staff, I got a new blanket cover and a new bedsheet but I had to change them myself!!! What a lovely hotel!!!

In this case, how can you be sure they would change everything after a customer/customers have checked out??? Does it need to be that "green"--still using dirty things? I guess that is the way how this hotel can be cheap--no cleaning.

There were also other problems. The shower went down the drain very slowly. The picture I attached shows the water level 10 minutes after I finished taking a shower (the room number was 401). The heater in the room did not work either.

Room Tip: Absolutely stay very far away from this hotel. Don't forget I warned you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank BangkokGuy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Hanover Hotel.
I am genuinely saddened by this type of feedback and am sorry to read that the standard at the Hanover Hotel did not reach your expectations.
Please allow me to respond to the complaints you have made. When someone is available, we do offer to have your luggage taken to your room, since we realise it is a long way with heavy luggage. I am sorry that no one was available at the time of your check in.
Accommodation should never be in the condition you have described and I would be very interested in tracking the cleaning team responsible. We always discuss guest feedback with team members so that we can address any training requirements.
I would like to assure you that our rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each guest checks out and as you did not have a complaint about other cleanliness I am sure you agree with this.

I will address the issues you have mentioned and hope however that you may return in the future to enable us to restore your faith in our hospitality.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great experience stayed for 3 nights in one of the basement rooms, clean spotless linen, clean bathroom, dust free enviroment, nice hand towels and bath towels, breakfast was good had worst! 2 types of juice, toast, cheese ham, milk, hot drink machine, croisants and rolls and flaouvoured jams offerred and butter, staff were friendly and extremelly helpfull specially a blonde girl in the breakfast room, and the receptionists. Location is spot on for sight seeing, definate stay again

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank yummymummy1989
General M, General Manager at Hanover Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review.
I am extremely happy and proud to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hanover Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and my team and I look forward to being of service should you wish to stay with us again.