“Good location”
Review of Huttons Hotel

Huttons Hotel
Ranked #647 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Huttons hotel is well located, not far from Victoria station. The first two days was at 5th. floor. It was cold and almost no water in the shower. Probably lack of water pressure to the top floor. We were offered to move to another room as we did. The second room was good and the over all stay was nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

For the money this place was absolutely fine. However I had the misfortune to get a room in the basement where,unbeknownst to me, the breakfast facilities were. I was woken up at 2.45 in the morning by what sounded like someone preparing the breakfast room. This lasted for approximately 35 mins and as was going to be up at 6am i had difficulty getting back to sleep! Will make sure I'm upstairs next time!

Room Tip: Make sure its not below ground!
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was in London for a meeting and was initially a bit weary of what GBP 152 for two nights would bring me, but since rooms in more popular areas were approaching 200+ a night, decided to go for it. Huttons is very close to Pimlico station, and there is a liquor store on the 5 minute walk to the hotel so I could even grab a few snacks on the way. The room is clean and made the best use of the space, but if I had travelled with a bigger suitcase, it could have been tricky to maneuver my way around the room. There is wifi access, plenty of plugs in the room and a kettle for coffee/tea so I could not have asked for more. I found the room a bit chilly so had to get up the first night to put on a jumper. Front desk is very welcoming and helpful and breakfast, albeit simple, served its purpose. The street is quiet and there are a few restaurants nearby for a quick dinner when I landed the first night, which I appreciated. The walk to Victoria station was only 10-15 minutes so all in all, I was impressed with the value and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The situation: my wife, myself, and our baby boy were vacationing in London in mid-November 2013. We checked into this hotel which has a lot of positives about it, but I was disappointed when we got into our room. The room is VERY SMALL, especially when you're travelling with an infant. We set up the baby-travel crib, which is relatively small, and immediately found out it was nearly impossible to walk around the room. The bathroom has a toilet which is crammed into a tiny corner where it's very uncomfortable to do your business and not have the toilet paper roll holder and the sink literally an inch away from you. The shower had its own soap dispenser but there is no room to take a sit-down bath. The balcony is very small as well, but nice enough to step out with a cup of coffee and get some air. The heater is a wall unit but did not appear to be able to adjust the temperature at all. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about London, the options for travelling to the airport, and most of them seemed bilingual. The "free breakfast" they offer is simply fruit, toast, coffee/tea, and plain croissants. But perhaps the biggest thing which angered me was their luggage room for when you want to leave your items before checking out. It is - literally - A CLOSET. About 30 pieces of luggage were crammed into the "room" and the wooden shelves looked like they were about to collapse. To even get to the room, you have to climb a set of about 15 steps, which is just ridiculous if you're in a wheelchair or are an elderly person, etc. The luggage room is UNATTENDED and any guest can come and go as they please into this room. For this reason alone, I would not return to Huttons Hotel unless I was not leaving luggage when checking out. The pictures I've attached show 1) the view of Belgrave Road from the tiny balcony, and 2) a person helping another person retrieve luggage from the luggage room - and the person in the shadows is standing on top of many, many, items. Danger is written all over that room.

Room Tip: Tip: If you stay at this hotel, travel lightly and do not leave luggage in their "secure"...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MRamosDC
Reviewed November 29, 2013

When we decided on staying at this hotel, we knew it would not be luxurious, however we chose it because of location and price. The location was good, located in close walking distance to pimlico station on the Victoria line. The breakfast was good, and the rooms looked nice. Our problem was mainly that the room got extremely cold during the nights, and also very humid thanks to the mold behind Our beds. Because of the mold we also woke up everyday feeling like we had a bad hangover, which cleared up as soon as we got out of the hotel.. Not a healthy environment for anyone already in bad shape in other words.. Hopefully the other rooms are of a different standard!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Paying £86 for the night is about the average I am prepared to pay for hotels on this road. The location suits me, the place is presentable enough and the reception staff are fine. The 5th floor room I stayed in this time was clean and tidy, the bed was comfy enough and the TV actually worked! The problems were in the bathroom. It was all nice and clean but the shower was truly pathetic - just a sort of dribble with indifferent temperature. The sink was useless too - no plug. But the worst thing was the smell of what can only be described raw sewage. No idea where it was coming from but it was certainly there. Not nice. The continental breakfast choices were very limited although there is a cooked breakfast on offer for an extra £5. Not worth it from what I saw. So, in summary, a decent enough hotel for the money but they really should pay a little more attention to quality of the bathrooms. After all, it's not much to ask to be able to have a wash and a shave without having to resort to finding innovative ways of using toliet paper to enable it to happen.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the top (5th) floor. The water pressure doesn't seem to get that far up...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Huttons Hotel, as the price was very cheap for London, it included a nice continental breakfast (booked through hotelclub.com) and the location was excellent - only 5 minutes walk to Pimilco underground station, and only 20 minutes walk to Victoria station, and with plenty of places to eat around the corner plus a Tesco 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Internet was good from our room and the lobby but could not be accessed in the breakfast room. Rooms were very small but adequate and could just fit a small baby cot next to the bed. Heating in the rooms was way too hot, and while you could open the door on the hotel room to a balcony, it was a shared balcony so the rooms get very hot at night. The worst part of the room was the bed - they were very hard in both our room and my parents room, which made it very difficult to get comfortable and to sleep. My mum's bed was so hard as well as bumpy which gave her very sore hips. The other downside is that the luggage room is not monitored by the staff at the hotel so anyone could go through your belongings or take bags without anyone noticing (I know the honour system works in some countries, but to my experience it doesn't occur in the UK). I would recommend bringing padlocks and a chain to secure your belongings if you plan on storing them at the hotel on your day of arrival or departure. Though aside from the beds and the lack of safety in the luggage room, given the price and location, we were overall satisfied with the hotel, and could recommend it to anyone travelling on a budget.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your own travel cot, a Baby Bjorn cot only just fits next to the bed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family