“Wasn't given the room i booked for, but a decent hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Huttons Hotel

Huttons Hotel
Ranked #612 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glynneath, United Kingdom
“Wasn't given the room i booked for, but a decent hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

On arrival, the staff were friendly. As we checked in, we were told that we could not have the quadruple room that we had booked for, and that we would have to split up into two double rooms. This was very annoying and my friends and I were very disappointed as we had booked and were looking forward to staying together. They said there was no way that we could all stay together. Just because we were four adults and not a family they said it was easier to split us up. I was disgusted that we could not have what we had booked and were paying for. However, due the the inconvenience they allowed us to have a free cooked breakfast which would have costed £5. Overall the hotel room was very clean and tidy. The rooms are very small but were bearable as we were only sleeping there after all and were out all day.

The location for me was a little too far out from central London, and we had to do a lot of walking. But there was a bus and underground a short walk about from the hotel (10 minutes) which wasn't to bad. There was also a bus stop directly outside the hotel, but I'm not too sure where that would take you to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

simanad, Owner at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I had a look at you case about the rooms . I am sorry to have split up your group . We however did give you two rooms and free English breakfast to make up for it and my receptionist tells me you guys were very happy about the compromise

The other comment about location is a bit wrong we are extremely well situated right in the middle of central London but in a lovely residential area of Belgrave road .. tree lined Victorian terrace road . The bus 24 you refer to takes you into the "center " its a 24 hour bus as well most guests never complain about location so I thing you may be wrong here !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The room is too small for 3 people. The bathroom is also too small. However the location of the hotel is great near a undergrown station and a bus station that goes to the center of london. The price is ok, but too expensive comparing to the type of room you get. I would recommed just for the location. The breakfast could be a little better, just have the minimal and the basic things, like coffee, bread, juice, crossants and jam.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

simanad, Guest Relations Manager at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear that the room was too small for you and your family, I'd like to point out that most B&B hotel rooms are fairly small. I do agree with you about the location of our hotel, we are just a few stops from Pimlico Station to the center of London. Again apologies if you did not enjoy breakfast however we do offer a wide range of breakfast foods and serve the classic English breakfast, not just the 'minimal and the basic things'. We appreciate your feedback and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

BS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Huttons', the hotel is right in the heart of Victoria and Pimlico, you can easily move everywhere in the city from here! There is a bus (n 24) right in front of the Hotel and subways are in a short walking distance (5 mins walk) The crew is very nice and willing to help u with any information you may need.. The room where I stayed was a double room, very english style, with wood on the walls, the bathroom was very modern, probably recently renewed, with a shower. What else to say? prices? Compared to the others in the area, it's one of the cheapest-best deal you can find, so you should really give a try to this hotel. I will surely come back next time I'm in London :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

simanad, Owner at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks a great review !
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Hotel is great just for a place to sleep really, it is a budget hotel so don't expect many thrills, the staff are all very helpful and the location is great for a stay in central London. There are many nice pubs and restaurants near by and a bus stop right outside the hotel.
The beds are comfortable but the rooms are very small, as are the shower and bathroom.
Overall a good hotel but like I said don't expect many thrills, and one word of warning, the customer lift is very scary....use the stairs if you can!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments about the staff and location of our hotel. However I'd like to point out that rooms in B&B's in London are typically very small and as you said we are are a 'budget' and affordable hotel, therefore 'thrills' are not really to be expected. Sorry to hear that the lift gave you a fright. Thank you for your feedback!

Brainerd, Minnesota, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Hutton staff were great, breakfast great, room very small, and very clean. The hotel is very well located to all forms of transportation, restaurants, grocery stores. We walked to Buckingham Palace and The Apollo Theater Victoria and most places! But, I must be honest and say it is very very NOISEY. There is no air conditioning, and when we were there middle of July it was extremely hot. The bus stop is right across the narrow street, it,s a busy street, a lot of road noise, and also NOISEY because people (from other hotels too) are out in the street smoking and talking into the night. Something the staff certainly can not do anything about. We were there for 5 nights, and didn't,t get too much sleep. The price is definitely a plus...and if noise doesn,t bother you it is a great deal!

Room Tip: I noticed there were rooms facing the back which faced a brick wall, made me wonder if it would be q...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in a double room for two nights. It was small but perfect for what we needed as we didn't spend much time in the hotel. The bathroom was clean with modern fittings. I was impressed with the breakfast as you could help yourself to as much toast, cereal, croissants and drinks as you liked. When we visit London again we will stay at Huttons. Value for money and so close to Victoria.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lilgem82
simanad, Guest Relations Manager at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Really pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we appreciate your reply! We agree with you about the cleanliness and value for money.

Hannah (Guest Realtions Manager)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This my second stay at Huttons, and I must say it won't be the last one.
The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The room and the bathroom were spotless and considering the situation of the hotel, which is enviable!, I think it was reasonably priced.
Thank you Huttons for your hospitality, and I shall see you all again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Christian S
It's so nice to hear from a repeat customer, we appreciate your custom. We'd like you thank you about your comment about the cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to seeing you again.