The Pelham – Starhotels Collezione
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssouth kensington tube stationhonor barhonesty bargreat locationdrawing roomthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumdirectly across the streetsmall hotelcharming hoteltube stopgreat roomthree nightsperfect staycomfortable roomsafternoon teathe ground floor
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We love, love, loved this hotel! The location was perfect as it is right across from the South Kensington Station. The room was charming and luxurious. And, we found the staff to be absolutely lovely. Every question was answered, and we truly felt at home in this hotel. We traveled all over Europe and the Pelham was far and away our best hotel experience. We cannot recommend it highly enough and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The location is great, right across from the South Kensington Tube and in a great neighborhood near shops and museums, BUT I had a room facing the street and it was very noisy. The service was also mediocre pretty much across the board with one or two exceptions. The breakfast staff seemed sullen. The first day my room wasn't made up at all and I was told you needed to put a sign on your door if you wanted it made up! The concierges who also functioned as doormen were cheerful and helpful but trying to get answers on tickets had a couple of stops and starts, reached high expections in some moments, fell down in others. I booked in here at the last minute as my normal favorite hotel was full when I came to London suddenly. While this is a nice place, I will not be returning and will be going back to my normal London Hotel.

Room Tip: DO not get a room facing the street
2  Thank lenorenewyork
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I just stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed it immensely. The staff is outstanding. I had a late-night need to print something but was having email firewall issues so couldn't get it mailed to reception for printing. The night manager found a USB key, brought it to my room at 4am, collected the file, printed and bound it, and returned it within 15 minutes. When I returned the next night, he asked "how did your talk go"?. Loved that the staff say "welcome home" each night and mean it. Terrific facilities. Wonderful linens. Comfy beds. Looking forward to returning in just a few weeks.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at the Pelham. It was a business trip, but my wife joined me. The things I like about the Pelham:

great location - about 30 yards from the South Kensington Underground station. Several good and inexpensive restaurants within a couple of hundred yards of the hotel. Also near the Victoria and Albert, the Natural History museums. Bus service is right across the street and in front of the hotel. We used busses frequently so my wife could see above-ground London.

great service - the people went out of the way to be helpful. When I unexpectedly had to extend my stay in London, they found a way for me to stay at the Pelham.

great continental breakfast - fresh fruit, cereal, rolls and bread, juices and coffee/tea.

great room - it was on the 2nd floor (British system) large (especially by London standards) and quiet. We never heard the neighbors nor did we hear noise in the streets in front of the hotel.The staff kept it clean and made up.

great staff - I say again, they were outstandingly helpful! I can hardly thank them enough

I like the Pelham very muchMy only concern about sharing my experience is that it may be more difficult for me to book with them the next time I need to go to London

1  Thank boatmaker23
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Very good location BUT the bedrooms are very small, noisy and smell like an old house.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple