Having had some poor experiences in London independent / townhouse style hotels, this was a pleasant surprise. Not the largest room in the world but comfortable, well appointed, clean and quiet (despite my room looking straight onto the street). 'Honesty bar' in the lobby, good breakfast (and hurrah, cooked to order not a buffet!), nice staff, reasonable rates and in a great location for Kensington and Chelsea - Fulham High St and Kings Road a stones-throw away. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A discreet, Georgian townhouse located just off the Kings Road, Sydney House Chelsea offers understated, contemporary style in a vibrant neighbourhood. Its intimate atmosphere, typical of a bijou Chelsea pied-à-terre, is finished with a fresh, bright and modern aesthetic, and the hotel is favoured by many as an invaluable London bolt hole. Built in 1829 as two townhouses, the Grade II listed buildings were converted from private residences into a hotel in the 1980’s. As the tallest building on the street, taking prominence over its neighbours, it was named Sydney House. Andrew and Christina Brownsword bought Sydney House Chelsea in 2001. It became the second hotel in their collection, seven years after the purchase of The Bath Priory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sydney House Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sydney House Hotel London
- Sydney Hotel London
- Sydney House Chelsea London, England