We stayed there because we needed to get to an appointment early the following morning, in a nearby location. The accommodation was booked on the Saturday and we arrived on the Sunday evening. The room was beautifully decorated with a comfortable bed, and a modern stylish en-suite bathroom.
The hotel provided a Freeview tv which also had facilities to watch your own dvd if you so wished. Free wifi was available to guests, and a helpful and friendly staff welcomed us.
Although there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, the hotel would provide drinks on request at cost. I would certainly stay there again. It is located about five minutes walk from South Kensington tube station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A discreet, Georgian townhouse located just off the Kings Road, Sydney House Chelsea offers understated, contemporary style in a vibrant neighbourhood. Its intimate atmosphere, typical of a bijou Chelsea pied-à-terre, is finished with a fresh, bright and modern aesthetic, and the hotel is favoured by many as an invaluable London bolt hole. Built in 1829 as two townhouses, the Grade II listed buildings were converted from private residences into a hotel in the 1980’s. As the tallest building on the street, taking prominence over its neighbours, it was named Sydney House. Andrew and Christina Brownsword bought Sydney House Chelsea in 2001. It became the second hotel in their collection, seven years after the purchase of The Bath Priory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sydney House Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sydney House Hotel London
- Sydney Hotel London
- Sydney House Chelsea London, England