Park Grand London Kensington
Orbitz.com
$286
$278
3,255 results
All reviewsearls courtclub roombox of chocolatesquiet streeton arrivalminute walktube stationrecommend this hotelspecial thankslovely hotelpiccadilly lineafternoon teaexcellent staymini barreception staffbreakfast was excellentexcellent location
Reviewed November 26, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel , a slight confusion as this property has two entrances but no big deal . The room was clean and decent . Only issues was the room size . The rooms are for two people with one bag . Having two large suitcases in the room made it difficult . However there was some storage space in the corner that we could manage.

Beds were comfy and bathroom was good . In fact a damn good shower.

Breakfast was basic , ok for a two days but after 5 I would have liked some change . At least different cereals or juices would be nice .

Location was good . A short walk from the train station and a few stops from the major attractions and when return from oxford street there was a handy bus stop near by which was great .

The area it's self seems safe but not only issue is a lack of dining options around the hotel and lack of room service

Value for money yes , would I stay again , yes but will def get a bigger room if travelling with more then one person.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ASehgal, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We have taken your feedback on board & we will work out on the issue of guests confusion regarding the entrances. Moreover, we are pleased to read your review and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington.

We will keep up the good work so that all our guests can enjoy & experience a comfortable & pleasant stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you would like to visit us again in the near future & it will be our immense pleasure to serve you with utmost sincerity & pure professionalism.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed the 1 night. Impressed by the size of the room - London hotels not reknown for their size. Beautifully clean and good facilities in the room. Iron and board to hand. Minibar was a temptation but it was resisted. Lift incredibly slow but beats the alternative of walking up 4 floors. Microwave a nice touch. Bathroom small but beautifully proportioned - great shower with rainwater head. Feel I got a really good price for a central London hotel.
Bed enormous and very comfortable, linen clean and good pillows too.

Room Tip: 4th floor club rooms quite big for London.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to read your review and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington.

We will keep up the good work so that all our guests can enjoy & experience a comfortable & pleasant stay with us. Such feedbacks are encouraging & motivating for our Housekeeping team so that they can perform better for all our esteemed guests.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My hubby stays in London often(a huge Arsenal fan) We usually stay in Stratford or Islington area.
I was meeting friends at Victoria and Earls Court was perfect. We recently had a happy stay at Best Western in Nashville so we chose Best Western again.Everything was perfect. Room was great and well thought out from kettle to deposit box to iron and mini bar. Location was perfect with great pubs and restaurants close by.Nearby Kensington High Street had a good buzz also. Breakfast was great and most of all the staff made us feel welcome.We will definitely be back soon!!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on 5th floor and had no issues.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ASehgal, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was very dissapointed with our stay at the Park Grand.

I had emailed them with our booking, stating that it was a special occassion with the hope to avoid the basement rooms as these have not recieved good reviews. We did not check in until 10pm because my fiance had had an exam earlier that day. We had called ahead to say that we would be late.

On arrival I was told that I had to pay up front which I was suprised about. All the hotels I have stayed in give you the option at pay at check out.

We were escorted up to our room on the 5th floor which I was excited about. The room was a decent size and clean with a huge bed. My fiance did point out that it looked like an up market Travel Lodge but we were pleased at the space and the cleanliness.

My partner turned the TV on but there appeared to be no signal. Reception sent up a gentleman who did not speak much English to try and solve the matter. For at least 20 mins he was in our room trying to sort the wiring out; not what you need at 2245 after a day of exams! He did not hesitate to take the chair from the dresser and stand on it with his boots on. It's little details like that which started to annoy me.

I called reception to see if we could switch rooms but they said the only free room was 216. Again we were escorted downstairs. We attempted to take the lift but there is only one in the whole building and so we took the stairs instead. There was a strong odor of cigarettes. Reluctant to move again because of exhaustion we settled in room 216. The room was so small we barely could move around the bed. The bed itself felt smaller than a double! It was so small we didn't have much room to do the ironing the next day.

We went down to breakfast the next morning and took a wrong turning down into the staff quarters. It was obvious the smell of cigarettes was coming from there as we saw a few members of staff stood in the doorway smoking!

I mentioned my concerns to concierge who told me that the room I had paid for was for the "double" we were staying in and that room 506 was a club room we had been up graded to. I don't believe that room 216 was a double and if it truly is then don't bother staying there, you're better off at a travel lodge/Premier Inn which would cost you much less and would be similar in setting, I'm sure.

Was not the luxury the website made out it to be. I was very disappointed and will be staying again.

Room Tip: Avoid 216 - pokey room and poor lighting.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We do understand your constructive feedback & we really want to ensure that all our guests would walk out of the hotel with a sense of content & satisfaction.

May i sincerely request you to please contact me on deepak@shaftesburyhotels.com so that we can provide you with an amicable solution since we want you to come back & give us another chance.

Moreover, kindly be assured that we will keep up the good work so that all our guests can enjoy & experience a comfortable & pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback for the customer service & we will be sharing your feedback with the entire team. I look forward to your response in this matter as per your earliest convenience.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

In a world of many hotels this one does what it says - I had a very comfortable bed, a clean and quiet room, good bathroom facilities, pleasant staff. As all in London, overpriced but not madly so. I'd definately use again

• Stayed: November 2013
ASehgal, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013