“I want to steal your beds!!!”

Park Grand London Kensington
Ranked #116 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Another week, another business trip and due to spiralling hotel prices yet again I was forced to try somewhere new in London. You know me...I hate 'new' places. Such a stress. Will there be nice decor? Will the room smell of old people? Will the bed be comfortable or will it be akin to sleeping on a broken bag of crabs? So with trepidation, and DOUBLE trepidation as this place was labeled a Best Western (and we know how random those can be) I booked this hotel for one night B&B.

The location is a totter up the road from Earl's Court Underground and the main road before you dash up Hogarth Road has everything you could need, from a Nandos, to a McDonalds (not for me thank you), to a Pret, a bank, a post office... fabulous. Hogarth Road has a few restaurants of varying budgets too, so you don't need to go far for food.

The hotel exterior was lovely. I do like a pair of nice clipped round bushes. Inside was all marble and an excess of Bell Boys. Check in was straightforward, although they would not allow me to check in without leaving a £30 excess on the room despite me assuring them I had NO intention of raiding the mini bar. Pfft! They had also given me a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Room, although it looked identical to the deluxe I had booked. Possibly the floor space was more?

So, the room. Gosh. Lovely. I had room 104. A decent size and tastefully decorated in muted browns, creams and neutrals. There was a flat screen TV on the wall that didn't require an extra 10 minutes just to work through the menu options to find the TV channels (thank GOD), a stocked mini bar, a microwave (I know! What a surprise?), tea and coffee making facilities with a cheeky 3 pack of custard creams, a cute light system that you select from 'zzz' to a natty maid sign, plus a bell. Any callers could press the bell and voila! A door bell. I KNOW!

The bathroom was compact with a walk in shower and no bath. The shower had two options, of a standard head and a square drench head. Toiletries were provided although one bottle was nearly empty and clearly had been missed by the maid.

My room faced the road and had a large window. Luckily they had black out curtains so no light forced my eyes open before I was ready to wake. Talking of sleep, oh sweet Lord, the bed was SO comfortable. I've slept on some evil beds in my time so this large King Sized bed was just perfect. It'd be the one Goldilocks would have picked as just right'. The pillows were amazing too. There was a rather naughty floor to ceiling mirror to the side of the bed. Good for...watching yourself sleep?

As is standard in hotels, there are no power sockets by the bed, so you have to plug in your phone at the wall across the room, unless you've been reading my reviews and now travel with a 6-socket extension lead as I do and have suggested you do? There were no bath robes either so best bring your own.

Breakfast was decent. The breakfast dining area was spacious and modern and there was a hot and cold buffet. Well, lukewarm buffet. But despite the tepid temperature, the scrambled eggs were lovely, and I also enjoyed the smoked salmon and cottage cheese. Tea was lovely too. I had two pots (greedy girl eh?).

So would I recommend this hotel? Yes, although don't all go booking it as I want to stay there again and no doubt you'll all be filling up the rooms. You totally forget this is a Best Western. Thats two I've stayed in now that have broken the mould. Well done Park Grand London Kensington!

2  Thank Vanessa B
ASehgal, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent stay in London and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

Thank you for the good comments about the rooms, facilities and location. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory and comfortable too.

We hope this visit would be one of many and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently paid a return visit to this hotel and was very amazed at the new refurbishments.

On arrival the smartly attired staff were extremely friendly with lots of lovely smiles and a warm greeting.
On entering my room my immediate feeling was Wow!!
The fabrics and décor are amazing. Large flat screen TV, well stocked mini bar and attention to detail on all the little extras of pure quality.
I had an amazing night's sleep on the luxurious bed.
The bathroom is just superb with an abundance of toiletries, good powerful shower, and soft towels.
Cleanliness is to a very high standard.

The light and modern restaurant reflects a five star standard.
Breakfast is of buffet style with many tempting choices,the attentive waiter also offered alternative style of cooked eggs, and served hot drinks.
Great attentive service throughout.

Very good central location for visiting London, just 2 minutes from the tube.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and can certainly recommend this hotel - 100% of satisfaction.

5  Thank Craftyness

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the good comments about the rooms and location. I was very happy to learn you had a pleasant stay and your comments with regards to our team are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was lovely. The reception staff were very efficient and even though we were early (2pm check in) they found a room which was ready.
The room was a deluxe double and very clean, the bed was comfortable and the room had a fridge which we used for milk, orange juice and water, there was wine and other alcohol in the fridge which if you drank you would have been charged for. The bathroom was sparkling clean and the shower was adequate. We did not eat at the hotel as there are loads of places near the hotel to have breakfast and at half the price. We spent most of the days in central London and the hotel was a two minute walk to Earls Court underground. When we returned to the hotel the room had been cleaned and they had left a chocolate each on the bed which I thought was a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel to friends and relatives because of the short walk to the underground and because it was very clean. We had a lovely weekend in London and I would certainly stay here again. Debbie

Room Tip: We stayed in room 215 the view was pretty dismal but the room was clean and had flat screen tv comfo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deborah k
ASehgal, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent visit to London.

Thank you for the good comments about the rooms, facilities and location. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory and comfortable and your comments with regards to our team are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Park Grand for a 1 night business trip, staying on a Friday night. I booked the morning of my stay via booking.com and got a great deal of £96 for 1 night with full English cooked breakfast included. Small but perfectly sized double room which suited me perfectly as a single traveller. I was on the 5th floor so noise was not an issue. Very comfortable bed and slept soundly. Nice touches like fruit, bottled water, kettle and coffee/tea tray, microwave and fridge, ironing board and iron. There was a wide variety of choice for breakfast and I really couldn't fault this hotel. Having stayed in central London on many occasions for work, often booking at last minute, I can say this was definitely one of the best places I have stayed for value for money (especially at last minute) and quality.

1  Thank littlemissperfection

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington.

I was very happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay. I am looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is not in Kensington, it is in Earls Court. Have at look at google earth street view and consider.

The room had an odd smell. At first we thought it was cigarette stink but the aroma lingered throughout our stay.

Our toilet had skid marks from the previous user. See picture.

The T.V. did not work. My wife phoned reception in the afternoon and we were told that 'maintenance would fix it'. When we returned from our evening out the TV still did not work. When we checked out I complained that the TV did not work. The woman I spoke with made a big fuss of checking the red book, (where presumably these things should be logged). There was nothing in the red book about our faulty T.V. and she seemed disappointed that the red book didn't help her to argue with me.

Cost was £162, room only, no breakfast - via easytobook

I should add that, (apart from red book lady), the staff were polite and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SPHcold

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your stay in London and thank you for taking the time to write in to us; we consider the guest feedback of paramount importance as it helps us to improve on our standards and rectify any issues we may be having.

Please, accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective departments.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just comeback from our stay and I have to say it was excellent, we booked the night before and everything was ready for us when we arrived. Our room was clean, they let us check in early(1/2 and hour) well appointed room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was also excellent. The location is two minutes walk from earls court underground. So for London, good value, good service, would stay again in a heartbeat. Our room one of the downstairs one was a good size too.

Room Tip: try for one of the downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the good remarks on staff and location.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A very nice little hotel with small rooms but very well appointed. Breakfast was lovely and the staff were exceptionally kind and professional. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room cleaned each day. I cannot fault this hotel. My only small issue would be the smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors and in the middle of the night, which is not the fault of the hotel, but rather, the fault of guests who do not observe the no smoking regulations. A very, very nice hotel and I would happily stay here again. I'm only sorry that when I returned to London for one night, I was not able to stay here again owing to a change in travel plans. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your stay in London and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Thank you for the good comments about the rooms and the staff. I was happy to learn you had a pleasant stay and your comments with regards our team are greatly appreciated.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.