“Contemporary room great service”

Park Grand London Kensington
Ranked #172 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Wigan
“Contemporary room great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay this week lovely contemporary room good location really polite friendly staff excellent breakfast and service really please with this place after some recent dodgy stays elsewhere it was a treat.

• Stayed September 2013
ASehgal, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent visit to London.

Thank you for the good comments about the facilities and location. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satistactory and was comfortable too.

We hope this visit would be one of many and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
East Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business and was upgraded to a Club room. The room and bathroom were very clean and the fresh fruit in the room was welcome. The bathroom is rather small, but the excellent "rain" shower made up for it. All the staff were efficient and friendly, greeting you each time you passed. I had a slight problem similar to an earlier guest and was told that breakfast was not included. However, the reception staff checked with the booking agents who confirmed it was included. The breakfast buffet had a very good selection and if anything, the restaurant was overstaffed as they were so quick and efficient.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent stay in London and thank you very much for your review.

I am very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us; from the whole team thank you for the very nice comments with regards to the service.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.

Sherborne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was not a great location for me but it was a busy week in London so very little choice. Helpful doormen, slightly off-hand desk staff - no good mornings or hello's. The room was fine - quite bland but comfortable. Would have been nice to have a few toiletries other than just wash gel and shampoo. I didn't use the restaurant but had a couple of light meals in my room which appeared quickly and were good. The menu choice was good. Small bathroom. Largely forgettable except the price.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent stay in London.

Your feedback is very important to us and by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again.

Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Best western Park Grand Hotel for the past five years and we can't promote it enough...it's superb.....The location is excellent and only five minutes walk to the subway and easy access to all other attractions you might want to visit in London. The rooms are not large which is typical of most London hotels but the rooms are clean and the housekeeping service is excellent. The front desk and dining room staff are pleasant and friendly. My only comment to the management would be to install a sports channel....This hotel is good value for money and I have no difficulty in recommending it to other travelers.

We stayed from September 09 - 23, 2013 on vacation.

Geoffrey & Joe Ann

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent stay in London and thank you very much for your lovely review.

Thank you for the good comments about the location and the staff. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory and was comfortable too.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you to the hotel again in the future. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 10 days while on business. Room was a nice size compared to other hotels I stayed in. Restaurant was very nice. Menu was not large enough. After 9 days we had exhausted all options. There needs to be more choice on the menu. Sophia, Rumen, Miro and Dan were fantastic during our meals.
Staff at front desk were very helpful and pleasant

1 Thank Karen D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington.

Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us understand what we are doing right and where we can improve to make sure all of our guests have a memorable stay with us.

I was very happy to learn you had a pleasant stay and your comments with regards to our team are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you back.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I arrived this evening (Monday, 16th September). I had booked online under the Shaftesbury Kensington Hotel, however the hotel name is actually the Park Grand London Kensington. After searching for the hotel for far too long I asked at reception and was told this was my hotel. I was told on checking in that my breakfast wasn't included. I asked them to check as I always book breakfast. Nobody came back to confirm. After settling in to my room, I called room service and asked if I could get a bottle opener sent up. I was told this would happen straight away and asked the receptionist to check again about breakfast. After 20 minutes, no-one delivered a bottle opener, so I got dressed again and went downstairs to collect one (this is a single lift hotel and I'm on the fifth floor). When I went downstairs I was given a bottle opener and told my breakfast definitely wasn't included and I'd have to pay additional for breakfast. Half an hour later I was called and told my breakfast was included. All pretty poor service. My room is clean and relatively spacious, which earns the two stars. I'm sad that I'm staying here for a further two nights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Checkettsr
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your stay in London and thank you for taking the time to write in to us; we appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve on our standards and rectify any issues we may be having.

I was sorry to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay with us; our aim is for all of our guests to leave with a happy memory and I am incredibly sorry that it was not the case with your stay.
I am very sorry that the staff was not more attentive and was not able to resolve the issues at while you were staying with us.

I can only apologize for all the upset and inconvenience caused; I appreciate your frustation based on this experience, but I do hope that you would be willing to give us another opportunity to restore your faith in the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for all the disappointment caused.

Selby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights 7th to 9th sept. we booked 2 rooms both were large and very clean and modern very comfortable beds. bathroom was modern with excellent shower and bath, only one problem was we left early morning to come back to find our room had not been serviced and we wanted to shower and change for a show. they were cleaned but it left us rushing to get out again. Breakfast was good and staff very friendly. It was also just off cromwell road with loads of places to eat and visit. A ramp would have been good as I had my 97 year old mother and the steps were a bit of a problem. but that did not deter from the friendliness of the place. A bit expensive but would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with regards your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again.