“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #594 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay and can highly recommend this hotel.
Lovely helpful staff and a wonderful garden room. It wasn't the largest room I have ever had but certainly was comfortable and large enough for our stay.
Gloucester Road station is across the road as is Waitrose and a few coffee bars, restaurants and shops.
All in all a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen W
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that in particular you found the staff to be amazing.

I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the very near future.

Nicki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spent three nights during February in a Garden View room. I found the room to be comfortable and quiet. The included internet was plenty fast in my particular room. The bathroom might be a little smaller than many are used to, but I've been in smaller. The beds were slightly more firm than I prefer, but they were not uncomfortable. I found the staff to be nice and responsive. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel - there are many options very nearby including a grocery directly across the street. The Gloucester Road tube station is within a block's walk. I would have no issue booking into this hotel the next time I am in London.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank Inkber
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding you recent stay at Best Western The Cromwell.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. It will be a pleasure for me to share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Denia, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Ideal place for business & pleasure, Bars, restaurants, cafes, Fast food joints,Supermarket are all with in 5 min walk from Hotel. Gloucester Road tube station is a great centre point as the the places i needed to go were all 10 mins away on tube

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank Gavin W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and four star review.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us, and found us to be good value for money in all areas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location. I agree our location is ideal for sightseeing - being within walking distance of many of London’s iconic sights, close to the City of London for business and adjacent to the Underground station.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next visit to London.

York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I just needed a place to crash and a desk to work at in the evening. I didn't expect much, nothing spacious, but this room (Room 656) was inadequate. I couldn't even sit down at the desk and get my legs under it. The desk and chair were crammed into the wall. When I complained, the front desk did not offer any partial refund for not being able to work at the desk. The most I got was a £2.55 discount on breakfast, and then only after heavy complaining and pointing out that there was an inconsistency between what was offered by Egencia and what they were charging me. My colleagues on higher floors had mixed quality of their rooms too.

If all you need is a convenient place to stay for the night, this hotel is fine. If you want a reasonable place to spread out, avoid this place.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor (Rooms 656 and 657, I think).
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank D_and_Y_atYork
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was very sorry to learn of your experience and dissatisfaction following your visit. Please accept my apology on behalf of the team for not meeting your expectations. I have noted the points you have raised with the conditions of your room and I will be looking into these to see if we can improve the layout of this bedroom.

I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and give you a greater feeling of what this hotel can really offer.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great location just by the Gloucester road tube station which makes it so easy traveling back and forth to Heathrow airport with the Piccadilly line. Just as easily you are in Covent garden without any changes or fuzz. Restaurants and supermarkets just a cross the street. Service was good, hotel quality a bit run down but really quite good in London standards within this price range. Small rooms, that's for sure, but hey - this is London. And I must say, I did not expect a fitness room with dumbbells and cardio equipment, so that was a really nice surprise!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lise Marie K
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here with my 7-yr-old son for a couple nights as wanted to show him some London sights. Great location for getting around London with it being very close to Gloucester Road tube station, but also within easy walking distance of places like the Natural History Museum and some ok, but quite pricy restaurants. Hotel staff were friendly and the only problem we had with our room (a stuck tv channel) was fixed very quickly. Room was up on the 5th floor, no problem for us to get to without a lift from the fourth floor. Room was fine, although a little warm at times even in February.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family