Did quite some research before deciding on this hotel in London. This was my first trip to London and didn't know what to expect from a London hotel. Reading the other reviews on here I got the impression that the rooms were very small. I have to say that yes, the rooms aren't spacious, but they do fit large suitcases and the guests who're staying quite well. The space isn't a problem, unless you're going to have a party in the room. That would be quite intimate.
The biggest plus of the room is the bathroom. It looks modern and fancy and is completely clean. Some rooms have bathtubs, while others only have shower. I prefer the latter one, but we got the first one. Not that big of a deal.
The room also has a working air conditioner, and during our stay it was quite hot outside, so being able to go to a cool tempered room was awesome.
The pillows you get to use are very good and comfortable - so are the beds and the duvets. The room also has a desk and a tea set so you can make tea. It also has a flatscreen TV, but we didn't use it.
The room was on the third floor, and even though the window was on the road-side of the hotel, we didn't hear anything. We didn't hear any noises from the other guests either.
The biggest letdown is the hotel's Internet connection. While it works pretty much all the time in the reception, it tends to drop out every now and then if you use it in your room. People don't stay at this hotel to have LAN-parties, but The Cromwell should've made an effort to sort this matter out.
Since the hotel is just next to Gloucester Road Underground Station, it's hardly a matter getting to and from Oxford Street for instance.
The hallways of the hotel are somewhat narrow, but it's okay, what the hotel should do is to put up more signs, as it's a little bit easy to get lost if you don't use the elevators.
The last thing I'd like to say is that the people working here are awesome and helpful. We felt well taken care of and we felt very welcome here.
Will definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 3 Star hotel rated 4 Star Guest Satisfaction through the AA scheme. Housed in 19th Century Victorian building less than 100m (1 minute walk) from Gloucester Rd Station. Excellent transportation links to Central London and London Heathrow, London Gatwick and City Airport as well as Stanstead. No more than 10 mins walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum as well as the Science and National History Museums and a 5 minute bus journey to the World Famous Harrods ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western The Cromwell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Cromwell Hotel London
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western The Cromwell London, England