7,421 results
All reviews high street club room muffin man tube station the royal albert hall busy hotel circle line large hotel bit dated excellent location hyde park few minutes walk tea and coffee full english kensington doorman
Reviewed September 28, 2015

I have reserved accommodation at this hotel several times over the years and while not the best hotel in London it was adequate. Not any more. On a recent visit check in took 45 minutes, porterage was non existent, and not even a baggage trolley was available to help with luggage. Despite booking a Superior Plus room on the upper floors on a bed and breakfast basis 6 months in advance and at full rack rate, on check in we were allocated a standard room on the first floor. When I queried this I was informed that it was all that was available, they were all the same and the room allocated included breakfast, which I pointed out I was already paying for. I had to mention that the room allocated was also at a lesser price than what I had booked and I was seeking a rate reduction. That did not go down well.

When I dug my toes in and demanded that the hotel honour the confirmed booking the receptionist referred to a Supervisor who found room on the upper floors as I had booked. So much for "nothing is available". As to the room they are very tired, air conditioning did not function, and the bath towels are wafer thin. The discarded household towels I use to dry the family dog after a wash are of better quality. The buffet breakfast is just adequate with empty trays not being topped up

Whatever star quality rating this hotel wishes to apply to itself it now barely rates as a 3 star and on future visits to London I will be looking elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GSP4
Miriam M, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

Dear GSP4,

Thank you for taking the time out to write your review of your recent stay here at the Copthorne Tara.
We are very concerned about your feedback, we want each of our guests to have a wonderful experience with us and it is very disappointing that you didn’t enjoy your stay.
Please can you contact me at the hotel so we can discuss further? I would love the chance to restore your faith back into us.
Many Thanks,

Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

Long que for check-in. They reserved 40 pound from my VISA in case we take anything from the mini-bar, which was empty!!! 2 drinkvouchers included in the roomrate which I had to remind them to get... Not very good, eh? Drinks way too expensive. Nice room very nice bed! Breakfast too crowdy, could Have been more to choose from.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OzoneHostile
Miriam M, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Dear OzoneHostile.

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time out to write your review. We are pleased that you found our bedroom pleasant and comfortable. Apologies that you had to remind us of your drinks voucher, I will follow this up with the front desk team, thank you for bringing to our attention. The minibar is filled upon your request and we apologise that this was not explained to you upon arrival. Our prices are a reflection of London location, however we do often have great deals on in the bar and we hope you were aware of these, especially our W8 cocktail lounge happy hour which is advertised throughout the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2015

We stayed here for a couple of days and the staff/room were good but I hadn't realised that the Rugby World Cup theme had surfaced in the Breakfast Room;it was a scrum and so many guests really did not understand English culture of queuing or not pushing in!But I have to say however a big thank-you to an eagle-eyed member of the waiting staff who stopped a potential fire/electrocution as one young American girl amazingly tried to use the toaster for her toasted cheese by inserting her tongs in to the toaster and repeatedly pulling it out until it started to catch fire!This could've set the toaster alight and also she was in severe danger of electrocution.The abuse I received was not pleasant to hear from a teenager either.I suggest a notice is placed near the toaster to protect guests from any further mindless actions such as this!Well done the lady waiter!!

Room Tip: Try for a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family

Dear Gerry F,
Thank you for taking the time out to write your review of your recent stay with us. We are really pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and found our team offered a good level of service. With regards to the guest who nearly caused an accident with the toaster and tongs; we are pleased that our F&B team member was able to resolve this and made sure that no one was injured. Our team are constantly on the look our to ensure the smooth running of things, and sometimes people are not aware of hazards as one would expect so we are pleased this was diluted with no serious repercussions.
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel (24/09) and needed to express my thanks to all for a wonderful stay. We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary (which just happened to coincide with David Gilmour's gig at the Royal Albert Hall!)
We therefore wanted to stay near to the venue and the Copthorne Tara couldn't have been more ideal. Recommended by friends, the hotel was within a two minute walk from High St Kensington Tube Station which was a plus also.
We managed to secure a great room rate inclusive of breakfast but Olga and the Customer Relations Team excelled themselves further with a Club room upgrade. We stayed on the top floor (12th) with great westerly views over the skyline watching the planes approach to Heathrow. The room (or should I say suite) was exceptionally well equipped and with a lounge, we were able to host friends for a brief nightcap after the concert before they departed home. The room was quiet and we had the most comfortable nights sleep.
Having read some previous reviews if I was to make any observation, I can understand why some may think the rooms 'dated' due to the brown / beige colour scheme however, the room was spotless.
We were on a tight schedule with the concert and so chose to eat with friends at the Singapore restaurant within the hotel. Service was equally exemplary and the food a delight.
The hotel is large and attracts guests from all over the world which gives the location a cosmopolitan feel. Despite the size, we did not wait for service at any time (booking in at peak time) and all staff were attentive. Breakfast in the brasserie served continental and full english and again, compliments to the kitchen staff for turning out some delicious food.
Thank you Copthorne Tara, we will be returning.

Stayed: September 2015
11  Thank Timwynne

Dear Timwynne,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel, it was a delight to read. Firstly congratulations on celebrating your 15th wedding anniversary and we wish you many more. We are delighted that our hotel was perfectly situated for your desired location and that Olga and team were able to ensure you were booked into a club room. We are pleased that you chose to eat in our Bugis street restaurant and enjoyed both the meal and service and we have passed your compliments onto our Bugis street chef and breakfast chef.
Thank you once again and we certainly hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

I had a fantastic stay at the hotel, the upgrade to Club was very nice. Facilities were excellent along with the food and drinks service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
10  Thank Steve R

Dear Steve R,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time out to write your review. Our chef will be delighted that you enjoyed the food and beverage offered here at the Copthorne Tara and we are so pleased that you were so impressed with our hotel
Thank you for recommending us, we sure hope to welcome you back soon.