“Nothing to write home about.”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #466 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I felt our party was 'tolerated' by the front desk. We didn't feel welcomed. Just a profit. They have no perks-just a tiny smelly exercise room. They are so cheap they charge for internet access and local calls. I would not recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank ptmuller
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest

I am very sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I have referred your feedback to our Management Team for follow-up action to be taken to address these issues that you have highlighted to ensure we maintain our high quality standard of services and facilities going forward. Staff retraining is conducted and monitored regularly so we provide an excellent customer service to our guests to make them feel welcome and have a comfortable to stay. Your feedback is valuable as it assists with future improvements to our services. In terms of the internet access and local calls the rates are in line, however, our Team will review for future.

I hope you will change your mind and choose Copthorne Tara for your next visit, to give us the opportunity to attend to your needs and to restore your confidence in our services.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Yours sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (6,790)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in London from June 26th to July 4th 2013. The rooms were small and the furnishings could use an update but it was clean and comfortable. The WiFi/internet was extremely slow and unreliable in the rooms. We had a continental breakfast included in our stay and it was great - absolutely no complaints about that. The location of the hotel is great as it is a very short walk to the Tube which is easy to use once you get the hang of it.

You are also a very short walk to Kensington Palace which has a lovely park, I ran there twice and loved it. The staff at the Copthorne were friendly and service oriented always willing to assist you.

Jamil at the front door was knowledgeable and assisted us with directions, he went above and beyond and we really appreciated it.

Room Tip: The hotel is very close to the tube so the higher the floor the less noise I was on the 10th and it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Yukongirl2010

Dear Guest

I am pleased our ongoing in-house redecoration did not inconvenience you too much, as the rooms were clean, comfortable and well maintained to have an enjoyable stay. I am also pleased that you had an enjoyable breakfast experience, the hotel’s convenient location is suitable to your needs and that your stay was to your satisfaction with no complaints. I have passed on your compliment to Jamil in terms of his excellent customer services he provided during your stay and was received with grateful thanks.

I am sure with this positive experience you will be visiting us again in the near future, and we extend a warm welcome to you when you next travel to London.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is fairly basic, a little tired and lacks personality. Our room was clean, and everything worked, but it it was in need of modernisation. As another reviewer stated, it is stuck in a time warp.

Buffet breakfast was fine, and the restaurant staff were attentive, but management should study the flow of people, and re-organise the layout, so that customers and staff are not constantly bumping into each other.

Good location, within an easy walk from High Street Kensington Underground Station and shops.

My partner and I chose this hotel because of a special offer on Travelzoo. I would not pay the full, advertised, rate to stay here.

1  Thank EmpireRadio
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback, and may I say the hotel is currently undergoing in-house redecoration although the hotel seems as though stuck in a time warp, it is clean comfortable and remains full of character which I am sure is different to the modern places around and that makes the hotel so unique in its style. During this ongoing project we ensure our rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained for our guests comfort. Feedback such as yours is important, as we endeavour to provide excellent services and facilities with every effort and intention of pleasing all our guests.

It is pleasing to see you had an enjoyable breakfast experience, our staff provided excellent customer services, hotel location suitable to your needs and good value for money. I have forwarded your recommendation for the breakfast customer flow to our F&B Manager for review for future improvements, and was well received with thanks.

I am sure you will get the opportunity to choose Copthorne Tara for your next stay when visiting London as our rates are always competitive, and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Not bad price for a 4 star hotel but it perhaps only gets a 4-star rating for facilities as the actual hotel looks very dated inside. There were plenty of dust balls around and I don't feel the rooms were as clean as they could be. Location good and plenty to do nearby and good access to public transport. Could recommend if you get a good deal on the hotel but don't pay full price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ashishakumar

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recommendation that the Copthorne Tara is in a good location and and good value for money. In terms of your concerns that hotel looks dated. We are currently working on in-house redecoration and your feedback assists us with this ongoing project as we continuously work toward future improvements. I have referred your concerns of the dusty balls in the room to our Executive Housekeeper to follow up on your feedback and take action to ensure our rooms are checked by a Senior Supervisor to ensure we maintain high quality level of standard of the rooms that is expected. I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. I am pleased however that you did enjoy the facilities and services in and around the hotel and that you had a pleasant stay.

We hope you will choose us for your next stay in London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booked this hotel with Superbreak and got excellent value for money. The room was nice, very clean and well appointed. Breakfast was good but choice a bit limited, would have liked more fresh fruit and rolls. WiFi is costly and a pity it is as free WiFi would have made this a 5 star review.
Great location and minutes from Kensington High St. Would recomnend it and would book again.

Dear Guest

I am pleased that you managed to get a excellent deal to stay at the Copthorne Tara through Superbreak, and the room allocated to you was clean and well appointed, good breakfast experience and highly recommended as the choice hotel for this area of London as the hotel is conveniently located to most places of interest and easy to travel around London. I have referred your concerns in regard to breakfast menu choice and WIFI for our Management Team to review for future improvements.

As mentioned you will be back again to stay soon, we look forward to welcoming on your next visit to London.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great quality hotel with very friendly and interactive staff. The service was excellent on all fronts and a special mention to Billy on the front door and Joshua the duty manager, who could not have been more helpful. The breakfast was plentiful with a great variety in a nice cool room. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable compared to other London hotels in the same price category.

The location is great being close to Paddington Station by tube, a 5 minute walk to High Street Kensington station and buses and a 10 minute walk to Earl's Court station. We travelled to the O2 arena in 30 minutes and Kew Gardens in 25 minutes and also very handy for Wimbledon.

I would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

5  Thank Ciaran B

Dear Guest

I thank you for your positive feedback especially that our Staff is friendly and had positive interaction all round with special mention of Billy and Joshua, and all have welcomed your compliments with much appreciation. I am also pleased that you had an enjoyable breakfast experience and the room allocated comfortable and location of the hotel is convenient and satisfying to your needs and to add all good value for money.

Thank you for your recommendation that Copthorne Tara is the choice when visiting London and that you will be returning in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit London

Reviewed July 12, 2013

As per the title, the Copthorne Tara is in a great location just off Kensington High Street. Ideal for shopping, the tube and the Royal Albert Hall.

The lobby, reception, bar & restaurant areas are all very smart, clean and tidy but the two rooms I saw was sadly past their best. The wall paper was coming off in the entrance and it just had a tired feel about it. It certainly wasn't bad enough to complain about as the price was good and other things made up for it.

Could not get the wifi to work - not sure if we had to pay but it just kept falling out.

We would probably stay here again as for the money it was a decent place but if it was more expensive I'd probably look elsewhere.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay and location of the hotel convenient to your needs and good value for money all adding to your satisfaction. Your mention that our hotel is very smart, clean and tidy. I have referred the points you mention in terms of the rooms for our Management Team to review for future improvements. I am pleased these concerns did not deter you from enjoying your stay and that you recommend to travellers that you will visit us again. Thank you for your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.