The hotel is just around the corner from Kensington High Street Tube - I had no choice but to choose this hotel as I have an expenses budget for work and London was busy this particular week. I needed to get to Mayfair which is a pain on this line, but if your on holiday its a more authentic area of London from which to use as a base for exploring.
Check in was quick enough but it does get extremely busy. The room I was given was on the 1st Floor and in terms of cleanliness it was good, décor is dated but no major wear or tear issues. People have moaned in other reviews about the Tube line which is outside some of the rooms - I am an exceptionally light sleeper and the Tube noise didn't really bother me.
My major issue with this hotel is its clearly popular with organisations having conferences - the bar was full earlier that evening with them all drinking. At 1.30am I was woken up by a woman cackling and howling at the top of her lungs in the corridor outside, she then carried on as she went into the room next door. I tried to ring the Front Desk 4-5times and no-one picked up the call. I ended up screaming through the wall to tell the Gob-on-a-stick next door to shut up as people were sleeping - it seemed to work!
I also found it difficult to get comfortable due to heat - there is no air con and the room gets rather hot through the night and the windows don't open.
Didn't eat here - I had breakfast at a little café called the Muffin Man across the road and had toast & marmalade and tea (with tea leaves and a tea-pot!) for about £4!
Likely to use this as an option in the future for work as my expenses budget is so tight and this is frequently cheap. but not likely to spend more own money staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copthorne Tara Hotel offers the ideal location to stay in London whether you are travelling on business or leisure. Whilst it is easily accessible from the M4 with Heathrow Airport only 30 minutes drive, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are only a 5-minute journey by car, and the newly opened Westfield Shopping centre just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington England