“A great long weekend away”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #465 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“A great long weekend away”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel as she has used it for work before so knew we would get a great stay. The room was just as we expected, breakfast was filling and very tasty. There were no shocks when we checked out, always a bonus. Staff were fantastic, and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: No bad rooms in my opinion.
5 Thank Graeme_T-S
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest

I am extremely pleased to read that as a regular guest at the Copthorne Tara, your long weekend stay was all was to your expectation. I am also pleased with your mention our staff provided a professional and helpful service throughout your stay, your room was clean, comfortable, well maintained and you had a good breakfast experience. Our staff are both highly trained and extremely committed to providing the highest standards of services and facilities and take great sense of pride in their work. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are all extremely appreciative to hear your praise.

When you next visit London I trust you will choose Copthorne Tara again and I wish to extend a warm welcome to you.

Yours sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,396)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a good convenient business hotel. The rooms are well appointed and neat, however there are a few things I think should be improved

1. They had two single beds. I realise that some people like this, but I like my double bed.
2. The breakfast could be improved - the sausages were not that nice, but they do serve the meal at 0630.
3. It hidden away and was a bit hard to find.

That said it was warm, clean and very convenient for Kensington

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us which will certainly help us to improve the services we provide to guests going forward. I have taken note of the points you raised and forwarded to our Management Team for their review and appropriate action.

We look forward to your next visit at the Copthorne Tara.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lovely entrance with very happy helpful staff. In a very good location, 3 minute walk from Kensington High Street and underground and if you're wise enough to purchase an Oyster travel card it's easy to get about on tube and buses, and works out very reasonable. The hotel is very clean and impressive downstairs ,unfortunately we felt the rooms let it down. Although the cleaners do a good job they can only work with what they have. But these rooms are in need of a refurb and the bathrooms are not so good. Old style wall pannelling and aged floor tiles, some black mould around the bath and no heated towel rail or radiator so on winter cold days like we had it was a challenge to stay warm when out of the shower or bath. The heating system was not adequate and I don't agree that a room is just somewhere to sleep!!. A room is where you want to look forward to coming back to. The furniture is well worn and I don't mean shabby chic. On the day we left as I was tidying the bed up I was shocked to notice lots of stains on the pillows which I wish I had seen on arrival and I would have asked for new ones. The Tv was the best feature , flat screen and a good size. Not 4* rooms at all but the rest of the hotel is lovely with good breakfast/ dining rooms and bar. Hey ho it's London and the rooms never seem up to standard.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 along to 240 must all face onto railway lines. you can hear the trains but it's second...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I thank you for your detailed feedback and for bringing these matters of concern to our attention. Your feedback in important and taken seriously. I have communicated same to our Management Team to take action so that such problems you encountered are not repeated in the future. Also we are currently working on in-house redecoration and your feedback assists us to look into making improvements wherever appropriate so that we provide the best services and facilities to our guests going forward.

We look forward to every opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Toulouse
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is well located and well run but our stay was spoiled by silly things. Staff were efficient and friendly but charging 10 Pounds a day for wifi in this day and age is ridiculous. The cocktail bar leaves a lot to be desired, the staff have no idea how to make the cocktails offered, and the prices for the drinks was way over the top. Good value for money but we were afraid to use anything other than the room for fear of being ripped off.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, your feedback negative and positive is valuable and assists our Management Team to review and to take appropriate action to improve our services and facilities going forward.

I am pleased that you found the hotel good value for money and with this in mind I trust you will be returning in the not too distant future to stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Dumfries
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed one night at the hotel. Twin bedded room which was tired looking and in need of refurbishment. Bathroom was small but adequate. Beds were on poor quality. Room service was ultra efficient. Hotel was having repairs carried out and so there was a bit of noise. In fairness to the hotel they did apologise for the disturbance.

1 Thank flysandy
Dear Guest

I wish to thank you for the time you have taken to share your feedback and I assure you that although some of rooms appear dated, they are clean, comfortable and we always try to provide the best services and facilities possible. Feedback such as yours is important as the points you raise assists us to take action to improve as we continually are working on in house re-decoration.

I am pleased to read that our staff were ultra efficient and was received by Management and Staff with much appreciation.

I do apologise once again to the inconvenience caused due to the noise from the workers working outside the hotel, and thank you for bearing with us during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit London.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having upgraded our rooms to the club, we were supplosed to get larger rooms but were still on the small side. The first room we were given there was a very musty smell so we mentioned it at the reception and we were moved staright away. We had to move our own luggage ourselves,The club bar was very relaxing and comp drinks were available between 6.30 and 8 pm with tea and coffee the rest of the timeThe breakfast was a buffet style but very good and I asked for the smoked haddock adn poached egg which was brought without any problems.
For the money it was very good

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with changing of your rooms and I have notified our Management Team to follow up and to take action that such incidents are not repeated in future.

I am glad that despite this you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the hotel good value for money.

I look forward to your return to the Copthorne Tara when you next visit London.

Ireland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A friend and I stayed here last weekend and it was great. The location was just off Kensington High Street, about 3 minutes from the tube. We had a room at the back, but on the top floor so the trains did not affect us...and we could see as far as the London eye. The only complaint I have is that there was a saucy £10 per 24 hr charge for wifi, but I was generally upset with the wifi access all over London to be honest...you have to register everywhere it seems...anyway...the hotel-the staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant on site was lovely, the temperature in the room was set too high, but we were able to control it. I would recommend it....

Room Tip: Try to get on the higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always good to hear that our guests had an enjoyable stay as was in your case, and in particular your mention the hotel is well located in the Kensington area, our staff provided excellent customer services and you had a lovely experience in the restaurant. I am glad we succeeded in keeping up with our high quality standard of services and facilities that we aim to provide our guests at all times. Your positive feedback has been passed on to our Management Team and Staff which is received with grateful thanks.

I have also noted your comments with regards to our WIFI system for Management to review and to take appropriate action for future improvements.

Thank you for recommending Copthorne Tara to travellers to London and I am sure we can expect your return to the hotel soon.