“Worth the re-visit”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #472 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was my second visit to the hotel. It was clean and reasonably well-equipped for the price. It's in a good, convenient location, easy to travel to by Tube from major railway stations. Service is good. On this occasion I found that there were no towels in the room - I called reception and the matter was rectified within five minutes. The rooms are reasonably sized with a good bathroom and the hotel is quiet given its central location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which is important for us to improve our services going forward.

Although our staff reacted quick with regards to the towels, I have communicated this to our Management Team for their follow up action to be taken with our staff to ensure such issues are not repeated in the future. I am pleased however this did not deter you from having an enjoyable stay and that all our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington

Reviewed March 1, 2013

location is very good, underground was near hotel.
a lot of attractions are in the neighborhood, so you can go by foot, it is the best way to see the city. something that was more than excellent, it was Mr breakfast.
everything that you like, you can double it in your head, and then you have just one small piece from the offer they are serving.
i trevel a lot, but I'm not sure i ate better one

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lana L

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. I am pleased to read that the hotel is well located and convenient to get to most attractions in the London area and all our facilities and services we provided was satisfactory to your needs, in particular note that your breakfast experience was a "great" one.

I am sure we can expect your next visit to the hotel soon and take the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Everything was fine, stayed 1 night with my daughter in a twin room. It was clean, bed was comfy, flat screen tv good, bathroom had a fantastic shower , nothing to complain about
Room service was great, food of good quality
Exterior and public areas of hotel were well maintained
Hotel had a general purpose shop in the lobby which was very useful
Would definetly stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive review on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara, your feedback and recommendation to all travellers is received with much appreciation by our Management and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a great hotel we were on the 12 floor but the views of London were brilliant. This hotel is ideal to go to museums,harrods,earls court etc. and not that far from the Centre of London. The breakfast was excellent set us up for the whole day will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jamie207
Reviewed February 28, 2013

If what you want is a cheap and very central London hotel then this is the place for you! It's a bit of an eyesore from the outside but it fine inside, my room had two single beds, a roomy bathroom and a tv with a good amount of channels. It's right off Kensington Highsteet (Google maps couldn't exactly bring me to it). The closest tube station is Kensington High Street and it's a 5 min walk.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

For a bit of fun I did the 'Hotel Inspector'. I ran my fingers all over the places where I thought I might find some dust and I am delighted to say my room was spotless. I didnt think my room or the hotel for that matter was dated. It was a bright and pleasant room with all the usuall room amenities I would has expected. Checking in was fast at 4pm but I did notice some rather long queues later in the evening. My room was on the 4th floor facing the front and was very quite. My only criticism was that the room was extremely hot and turning down the heating to 18 dec which was the lowest it would go did not afford any relief so I ended up sleeping on top of the bed all night. I didn't have any interaction with any of the staff so cannot comment on that. I was given a voucher for a free drink in the bar but unfortunately I was too busy even to use that but it was a nice touch on the hotels part. All in all it was a very nice hotel for a few days away in London would certainly use again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travellinggirl53
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I know a lot of people have given feedback that this hotel is somewhat 'dated' and I can see where that comes from. However, I do think that this is what gives this hotel a good bit of charm. One can always find fault with hotels, but for me, it's very often about the staff and the service that makes the difference. This hotel does not disappoint on that front ! Great location, too, walking distance from many of the west London attractions, e.g. Natural History Museum, Science Museum, V&A, to name but a few. Great value hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the tube line.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple