I went there as a convenient location for thransport links in London for the French Show and Boat Show.
I got a good deal on room rate and paid an upgrade to club room which throws in continental breakfast, access to the club lounge with a free happy hour and internet access in the room, and access to the business lounge which was convenient for flight check-in and printing boarding card.
As the weather was poor I ate in both the bar and their brasserie (Bugis Street) which has a Peking/Malay?cantonese theme.
Food in the bar is "pub grub" and for what it is quite adequate.
Bugis Street serves small portions and as someone who loves and cooks Asian Food, in general I found it expensive and disappointing.
On the positive side the concierge is a lovely guy and he along with the receptionists are a tribute to the hotel, as are the staff in the club lounge.
The continental breakfast served here is beautiful, with fresh fruit, yoghurts, breads and croissants.
On the down -side, waiters in the main bar speak poor English and don't seem to grasp the concept of delivering cutlery with meals, or mixers at the same time as drinks. This despite the fact that certainly when I was there the bar was half-empty and they were asked several times.
The club rooms are fairly spacious if slightly dated and have decent sized bathrooms, The accomodation is spotlessly clean as are the bathrooms, and there are quite good views over the city.The aircon is noisey but works well.
It would take little effort by the management to turn a fair hotel into a great one, but it seems a common theme in many British hotels.
Great work done in marketing and customer relations spoilt by poor training of bar staff and mediocre catering!
A shame really as these are the two points of contact the customer has the greatest exposure to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copthorne Tara Hotel offers the ideal location to stay in London whether you are travelling on business or leisure. Whilst it is easily accessible from the M4 with Heathrow Airport only 30 minutes drive, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are only a 5-minute journey by car, and the newly opened Westfield Shopping centre just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington England