“Great Location & Good Value”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #464 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Copthorne Tara for 4 nights. At first sight, I was not impressed! The hotel could use some remodeling and upgrading. Then,I began to appreciate the location. It was in walking distance from Kensington Station. There is a Nero coffee shop a block away.
The room was outdated, but a decent size for European standards. There was an electric kettle with tea and coffee and a TV with plenty of stations. Our room was very quiet which was great after a long day/night of sightseeing! The staff is very polite and helpful and there is a little gift shop in the lobby that sold bottled water. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write in your review.

I am glad to read that you found the location of the Copthorne Tara Hotel to be so accommodating and good value for money. We also note that you were very happy with the services our Staff provided and our facilities all added to your memorable experience.

We thank you for recommending Copthorne Tara Hotel to the TripAdvisor readers and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Yours sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (6,893)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very disappointed. Rooms are shabby and have a stale smoke smell, as do the corridors o the hotel. I was told when I checked in that I had been upgraded. I dread to think what my room would have been like if I ha got the room I booked. It's not even reasonably priced - I don't mind getting what I pay for but this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Will definately NOT be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 874Lou
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding the poor standard of the room you were allocated during your recent visit to the Copthorne Tara hotel.

I would like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and offer my sincere apologies for the lapse in standards that you experienced. I can assure you this is not our usual standard of service and I forwarded the points you raised with our Executive Housekeeper & Property Maintenance Manager for their follow up and action to be taken to ensure that such problems do not occur in the future

We endeavour to do all we can to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay in our hotel with our best intentions and efforts to please all our guests.

In light of this, we would greatly welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in the facilities and services offered at the Copthorne Tara. Please contact me direct should you require assistance with your future booking and I will ensure your arrangements are made according to your needs and that you have an pleasant stay

I hope you will visit us again when you next in London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This was our third visit to the hotel. It's well placed for central London with good underground and bus connections a short walk from hotel. The staff are very helpful and polite. The room although a little dated was clean but there was a problem with the air conditioning which was quite noisy and difficult to regulate. I would recommend this hotel. Shop around for the best price.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara. I thank you for recommending us to all TripAdvisor guests. We always pride ourselves on the quality of our services and facilities we provide to our guests and as a regular guest to our hotel, I am pleased to hear you were not disappointed.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I cant complain about the price £170 for 2 adults and one child but the rroms are very tired and could do with a major overall fast. Very disappionted with the rooms, they were cleanish and the bedding a bit old but clean, but the room was very shabby round the edges, the bathroom fittings have began to rust over which isnt very appealling and the wallpaper scratched in areas and not that much better in the bathroom.

The hotel lobby is very nice and though we didnt eat there I thinkt here is plenty of places to eat in the hotel, we went in to the bar which allowed children which was good, but very pricey like all London hotels.

Breakfast was just about ok, and we managed to get in there before the rush started!

The air con wasnt up to much very old and didnt really do anything.

I didnt really like the area I thought it was too far out for all the major attractions having a child with us the underground was too much travelling, and the tube stations at Kensington high streeet were shut all weekend which caused us to get taxies or walk half hour to nearest tube (earls court) the buses we wanted on Sunday morning were not running down the high street either which added to our gloom, even though this had nothing to do with the hotel it madeour stay not very good.

If you want no frills hotel, no way is it a 4* hotel and cheap and to stay in the Kensington area then it is ok but if you want central London then I would say it.s a tad too far away.

Wouldnt stay again but thats just us, nothign wrong with the Millenium brand just didnt like the Copthorne Tara!

Room Tip: Try and book over a premium room because Premium they arent!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Copthorne Tara Hotel, your feedback negative and positive is valuable to us to enable us to rectify and to improve our services and facilities going forward.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing stay you had with us, and I can assure you that your experience was not the norm as we endeavour to give the best possible service to our guests so that they have a pleasant stay. I have forwarded the points you listed to our Management Team and we are addressing each of your concerns immediately.

We wish to welcome you back when you next visit London to enable us to take the opportunity of restoring your confidence in our services and facilities. Should your require assistance with future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact our offices direct and we will be happy to facilitate your arrangements according to your needs to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Location is superb, however the hotel itself is desperately in need of some TLC the room we had (666, no to keen on the number) was woefully short of power outlets, my wife found herself crawling under the dresser/desk to plug her hair straighteners in, I found myself moving furniture to find somewhere to charge my e-reader and when I did find one, the socket was so close to the floor my plug would not go into the socket, no bedside tables on either side of the bed, tea and milk supplied in the room appeared to be rationed, also no biscuits, never seen that before!. that said the public areas are good if somewhat impersonal and the staff we did encounter seemed pleasant and helpful

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write in your feedback. I have taken note of the points you raised and communicated to our Management Team to look into making improvements wherever appropriate. I am also happy to note that our staff provided good services, the hotel is conveniently located and that overall you had a pleasant stay.

We look forward to every opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had 2 great nights in this hotel the staff were helpful rooms were clean and very nice it was lose to metro station and it's close to Hyde park and Kensington park,breakfast was really good we were not disappointed at all

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shahrzad_A_54

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara.

We are pleased that we were able to excel in our services provided to you to make your stay comfortable and that the facilities available in and around the area of the Tara hotel added to your memorable experience.

We trust you will be visiting again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Your sincerely

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night due to a meeting held at the hotel. It’s a large hotel with lots of excursions and the reception is always busy with people arriving or leaving. Loads of people serving the bar and restaurant and everything is very impersonal with many of the staff just chatting to each other and not paying much attention to customers. Some of the staff were pleasant and efficient but the surroundings and what the hotel had to offer was not that appealing. I had two lunches, one dinner and one breakfast at the hotel and can say that overall the food ranges from boring to ok. The lunches were the best but dominated by food options cooked with lots of sweet peppers, which I cannot eat. I enjoyed the deserts, which were the best part of both lunches. The dinner (organised for the meeting) was just edible with no soul and the wine just drinkable. The bedroom was good and of the size you expect in a large big brand hotel. Unless there is a very good deal for this hotel and I need to be in that area of London, I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay with us and glad to hear that overall we provided a good customer service for you to have a pleasant stay. It is extremely helpful to hear your feedback and I have taken note of the points you raised which will certainly help us to improve the services we provide to our guests going forward.

I hope that you will choose Copthorne Tara when you next visit London, so that we are able to take the opportunity of welcoming you back to ensure we provide the best attention we possibly can for you to have an enjoyable stay.