“Simple perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blakes Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Blakes Hotel
Ranked #438 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Simple perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, my husband booked it as a surprise, from the very friendly, smiley girls on reception, who made us feel genuinely welcome, to the girls at breakfast, everyone is so lovely. We had a very luxurious room, beautifully bright, white and very clean and comfortable. It was a very large room, with a great 4 poster bed, and we both had a very comfortable night stay. It has all the modern appliances B and O sound system and TV. A large bath with Molten Brown toiletries. We ate at the restaurant and the food was very good.With great wine recommendations. We didn't drink at Theban, but would definitely make it a must the next time. The breakfast was very good, and nothing was too much. The hotel is ideally located for Harrods, and the Kings Rd. pure luxury I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had a beautiful bright white room on the ground floor, through the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Wow, thank you, this is what drives us to keep working so hard in Hotels, guest satisfaction and being able to be consistent and get it right.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the whole package so to speak, the room, the staff, the food, the wine,,,,next time it must be the bar.
Wishing you a very Happy Easter and Thank You
Best regards
Julian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked Blakes via Mr & Mrs Smith and I must say, it was the most fabulous recommendation. From the chocolate truffles on the reception desk, to the freshly pressed juice (of your choice!) in the morning with the continental breakfast - this hotel was the ultimate in luxury.
A very special birthday for my boyfriend was made into a sexy, modern, fairytale in this gorgeous setting and my only regret is rather than just a drink at the bar (some incredible spin on a margarita with seaweed salt rim and agave tequila) that we had had dined there as well. Simply stunning. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy,
Thank you it sounds like a great birthday evening!
I am so glad that we were able to look after you both and make it a memorable evening.

Blakes is full of memories and people keep returning because it is so unique and warm.

Our Aim is to Exceed Everyone's Expectations.
Best regards,
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just left Blakes, sadly. I have traveled all around the world, and I must say, that I totally felt so at home. Recently, remodeled in a good way, the place is like a shiny old penny. julia Payne the
General manager is now family to me, there is not a better person, that is both professional and
warm and caring, that you will ever meet. He is a true gift. The front desk staff is so warm and
attentive and was able to put up with my crazy Artist self. I was upgraded and had a nice cozy room. I did take a tour of some of the suites and I can honestly say they are the nicest rooms I have ever seem. It totally embodies what true London is. Bravo> I like it so much I may return in the next week. If you want to feel like a Queen or King, book yourself in to Blakes. Best Hotel in
the UK for sure.

Room Tip: Singles have no closet or drawer space, so ask for a superior if you are staying more than a few day...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Melody,
You are too kind, it is the Team at Blakes that makes it such a special place and I would like to Thank them All for their Hard Work.
The refurbishment is complete and there is no reason why Blakes cannot be reborn to where it was in its heyday.
New menus have gone live on the first of March and certainly worth a visit.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to your London home.
Best regards,
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a find. I stayed at the Blakes Hotel mid Feb and although it was a business trip on this occassion I can't wait to go back with my husband. It is such a romantic hotel. It's a fab location and the staff are so friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Wow Jules! You are too kind, We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you very much and please spread the word!
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Just back from a wonderful two night stay at this amazing property. The whole experience was superb. Helpful staff,luxurious accommodation and fantastic food made a truely memorable experirence. I have stayed in many London hotels but would highly recommend Blakes if you are on businss and want to escape from the busy City or if you are looking for the perfect romantic hotel.

2 Thank sandra c
Sandra,
You are too kind, we are small team and are dedicated to look after our guests and ensure that we are their London Home. Which is of course what Hotelkeeping should be about!

We look forward to welcoming you back. I am gald that you enjoyed the food. Our kitchen refurbishment is complete, the menus are changed seasonaly now, blending the old classics with the new.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, thank you
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was my husband's first trip across the pond from the US last October 2012, and only the second time he left the country. As a result, choosing a hotel was important. We had to make sure it would be suit his preferences: in a residential location, away from the tourist traps, cosy, and luxurious. Blakes was a winner.

We arrived, jet-lagged and a bit tired from walking from the tube station (a quick walk). When we checked in, I breathed a sigh of relief because it was already so inviting. There were fresh oranges in the lobby and little birds chirping in a gilded cage. Everyone was quite professional and efficient. We arrived earlier than check-in time, and were taken to our room very quickly. The room was very stylish--dark sisal floor coverings, a comfortable bed, and state-of-the-art television. I did not even know how to turn it off and had to call the front desk to ask. They were very nice about it. The only negative was that this particular room was sort of a dead zone for the wifi network, so we weren't able to skype with our daughter back home. No matter, we were able to phone her.

Our package (through Luxurylink.com) included English Breakfast, daily. The food was fine, but the service was inconsistent. One day, the server was quite attentive and quick--it took about 30 minutes from start-to-finish, which was perfect for us, the excited tourists. The next day, her replacement was rarely available for much of anything. We stood around for more than 10 minutes before even being seated. We had to ask for everything-- a menu, to place our order, pastries, etc. Service that day lasted more than 90 minutes. We never returned.

The bar service, however was fantastic. I met a good friend for drinks one evening and she brought her small dog with her. The staff was very accomodating. In fact, there was another little dog there as well. Her strict diet forced my friend to order off the menu--again, the bar was quite lovely about it. Since she lives in the neighborhood, but never stayed at Blakes, she was impressed and mentioned her plans to return in the future.

Overall, we enjoyed staying at the Blakes. My husband had such a great visit, he is already planning to come again. This time, with our daughter. Depending on her stamina (she's not yet six years old), we hope to stay at Blakes again, but may have to choose a property closer to a tube stop, because of her little feet.

Room Tip: Our room was a bit of a "dead zone" for the wifi network. I do not recall the actual name...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing Blakes and of course I am delighted that you enjoyed your hotel. I am glad to report that since your stay we have invested in a brand new Wifi system and had everyone is happy. With regards to breakfast service I am sorry for the delay which is of course unacceptable and will be dealt with.

We hope that you will return soon with your daughter, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to make your booking directly.

Best regards
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a lovely place in the middle of Kensington. You very much feel like being at home.
It is not only the cosy decoration, it is the very personal "taking care for you".

Everybody in the hotel is focused on letting you feel good. The prices are quite reasonable and the service is great. We enjoyed an early dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and besides a very friendly and caring service the food was absolutely delicious. In every detail you realize that somebody had thought in advance about how you would feel best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank ThinkPink611
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Vielen Dank for your great review, thank you for spreading the word!

We have lots to improve on and will not Give Up until the work is done.
Never a dull day at Blakes!