The hotel is in a great location a 5 minute walk from South Kensington station. We were greeted by a friendly doorman and a helpful receptionist. We were then taken to our room, a 'luxury double'. I suppose the fact that the double bed was shoehorned into the tiny room meant it did qualify as a double, having to squeeze around the bed to gain access to it certainly didn't display any qualities of what I would call luxury!
Apart from the minuscule dimensions of the room- the surfaces were dusty, the electrics were shocking (pun intended) turning off the lights also turned off the TV?!
We thought we would try the restaurant for breakfast, mistake!
1. The service was terrible; we had to ask for coffee and for fruit juice, all these should have been included in the £22 price for an English breakfast.
2. £22 gets you 1 sausage, 3 little mushrooms, 1 slice of bread, a tomato, an egg and some beans- very very expensive!! Save your money and buy a far superior breakfast at any of the cafes in the area for half the price and twice the service.
I was quite excited about staying at this hotel after looking at the web site, I left feeling incredibly disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by Anouska Hempel, the London hotelier and internationally renowned designer, the hotel offers style, elegance and sensational service to the well-travelled connoisseur. Blakes is established as totally unique and has been the model for the "fashionable small hotel" in London and cities around the world.Respected for protecting the privacy of its clients against the paparazzi, it is the London base for film stars, musicians and all the top designers, earning its reputation as The "Couture" Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blakes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blakes Hotel London, England