“Great Location”

Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
Ranked #500 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel has a great location. The rooms are clean and neat although a bit small. Clean bathroom. It is quiet. I don't hear neighbouring room doors slamming. Only thing is that it does not have a fridge or safe in te room. Breakfast needs a variety if one is staying there for more than 5 days.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Sharon T,
Many thanks for submitting a review about our Hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,228)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Small room but very clean, no old carpet smell. Clean bathroom, no stain. Great location.
Good treadmills and cross trainers.
We stayed there for 5 nights with a group of school children of 10 year old who were having their study tour. Everyday we had breakfast in the hotel. First morning, the children were told they could not order eggs from the station. Why? Because the staff did not think the children were capable of finishing a portion of omelette each?
As for the adults, including me, we were told to write the egg orders on a form. I asked for 3 forms as there were 3 of us. Was not given 3 forms initially. Reason was because they were too many orders and I had to come back later and write another form. Come on.....your hotel is the only hotel I have ever come across to implement this procedure. If we had seen many forms waiting to be taken care, we would have understood if it would take a while to get our egg orders ready. Why were we not allowed to place our order? I stood up for my right and was given 3 forms finally.

After some complaints, the children were able to order their omelette by writing the forms and placing at the egg station the next day. However, I observed the other hotel guests were surprised to see the many orders the chef was bombarded with and the chef and some of the waiters helped the other guests to speed up their egg orders by pushing their order forms ahead of the children's instead of First Come First Serve basis. I witnessed that. For the subsequent mornings I made sure I was seated close enough to the egg station to ensure the children were given fair treatment. Come on, they only had around 45 minutes to have their breakfast before their whole day adventure. Do not put them at disadvantage just because of their age or race or nationalities.
The last day of our breakfast, it was totally great. Only 1 hob was working while you had a very full house breakfast. The chef had to do omelette in 1 pan and stove.

My advice, please check the number of guests you have daily and adjust your resources to accommodate them. Refine your egg station procedure. Hire 1 more chef if you have a full house. Your hotel has a good potential. Don't let it go down with bad reviews from your breakfast point. Please..please...go and check out other hotels and learn a better procedure from them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bobiSingapore

Dear BobiSingapore
We appreciate the time and effort you have taken to write and inform us of your experience, it is greatly appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve and maintain our services and facilities. Aside from the issues with the breakfast – I do hope you and the children had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to welcome you back when next you visit London.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and never Ben disappointed - it's is a great location just round the corner from Gloucester Road tube station. It is a huge hotel with 27 floors - we were on the top floor so had great views. Friendly staff, good breakfast - a chef is on hand to make bespoke omelettes if desired and a nice pub attached all make it easy to recommend. Only reason I do not give it a five star rating is that the bathroom was looking a bit old fashioned by standard of best - but perfectly clean.

Room Tip: Try the Hereford Arms pub just across the road
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stuart g
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear stuart g,
Thank you for your nice review about our Hotel. I am glad to see that you have become a loyal customer and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

When I made the booking I asked for a quiet room on a high floor. I am a Gold Elite Member which supposedly gives certain Benefits.. one of which provides that 'we will always have your room waiting for you'. Clearly I would like to know what exactly this means!!.
We arrived 11.30 am to a pleasant welcome. The receptionist had noted and referred to my pre-request for a quiet room on high floor. She advised that our 'allocated' room would not be ready until approximately 2pm. When asked what floor - told it was on the 11th floor (this was OK).
We deposited our cases in the hotel luggage store and went off to lunch returning at 1.50pm. Handed to the receptionist the card given to us a.m - following which - he seemed to be having some difficulty on his computer. He then disappeared into a room behind reception....came back onto his computer once again - it looked as if he was searching for a room!!. He eventually handed us room cards directing us to a room on the 4th floor!... Surprised... I said we had been told our allocated room was on the 11th Floor. Clearly it appeared by his mumbles that the 11th floor room had been passed to someone else in our absence!! He eventually found us a room on the 12th Floor...As this overlooked Cromwell Road and the rail line... we found (at night) this extremely noisy....and room very small - (Room 1204). I registered our annoyance the next day....and was offered the opportunity to move to a quieter room. We were there for only the two nights on this occasion - so decided to stay put. Further - on our second day - I returned to our room - tired and ready for a rest at 3pm to find it had not been cleaned. I was not able to raise housekeeping on room phone... so had to report this personally to reception.... Stopped in foyer for an hour until room sorted. !!
So Gold Elite Status has little meaning it would appear at this hotel..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Avril B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear lirvalocin,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had during check-in and the room accommodations you received did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Have stayed many times here in the past 3 years and would like to continue doing so. Busy hotel

Very convenient and walking distance to tube station, supermarkets and Hyde park area and Kensington palace.

Staff is very friendly - the manager Mr. K.K. was particularly helpful - great breakfast - room is spacious by London standards.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank NJCricketer

NJCricketer,
Many thanks for submitting a review about our Hotel. We are pleased to see that you have become a loyal customer and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I truly hope travelers do not stay at this hotel. I recently stayed their and there was no mention of trains every 4 mins. I asked to move to a different room, and I was told, because of the rate I paid this would not be possible. So I was with my fiancé who was not well and this is how we were treated. When contacted the hotel manager and left message, no return call. Their lack of professionalism, from management to staff was plain to see.
I have 6 sales people who work for me and I have told them, their expenses will not be covered if they stay at any Holiday Inn locations.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank davejp940

Dear davejp940,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback after your recent stay with us. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and can assure you that this is not the usual standard at our Hotel. Please rest assure that I have shared your comments with management team to ensure a similar situation can be avoided. I hope you will allow Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to service and perhaps when next you visit you would be kind enough to contact the Hotel and ask for myself, and I shall be more than happy to take make the necessary arrangements for you .

Reviewed March 25, 2014

In the website that I used to book this room, this hotel was designated as four-star. It is much more like a three-star. The service is very austere, as are the rooms. The checkin staff did not give the impression of the hotel quality that is claimed. My room was pre-paid, yet it took them a very long time to find me one. When I went to it it had clearly been cleaned in a hurry -- and this was not soon after check-out time. I have stayed in many four-star hotels in South Kensington, and this one is ok but not four-star.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlos S
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Carlos S,
Thank you for staying with us and for your time to submit a review about the Hotel. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your feedback is very important to us and every comment is shared with our team. We hope on your next stay you will have a much better experience and a greater feeling of what this hotel can really offer you.