“Great location”

Ranked #485 of 1,067 Hotels in London
hull
“Great location”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and never Ben disappointed - it's is a great location just round the corner from Gloucester Road tube station. It is a huge hotel with 27 floors - we were on the top floor so had great views. Friendly staff, good breakfast - a chef is on hand to make bespoke omelettes if desired and a nice pub attached all make it easy to recommend. Only reason I do not give it a five star rating is that the bathroom was looking a bit old fashioned by standard of best - but perfectly clean.

Room Tip: Try the Hereford Arms pub just across the road
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stuart g
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear stuart g,
Thank you for your nice review about our Hotel. I am glad to see that you have become a loyal customer and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gosforth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

When I made the booking I asked for a quiet room on a high floor. I am a Gold Elite Member which supposedly gives certain Benefits.. one of which provides that 'we will always have your room waiting for you'. Clearly I would like to know what exactly this means!!.
We arrived 11.30 am to a pleasant welcome. The receptionist had noted and referred to my pre-request for a quiet room on high floor. She advised that our 'allocated' room would not be ready until approximately 2pm. When asked what floor - told it was on the 11th floor (this was OK).
We deposited our cases in the hotel luggage store and went off to lunch returning at 1.50pm. Handed to the receptionist the card given to us a.m - following which - he seemed to be having some difficulty on his computer. He then disappeared into a room behind reception....came back onto his computer once again - it looked as if he was searching for a room!!. He eventually handed us room cards directing us to a room on the 4th floor!... Surprised... I said we had been told our allocated room was on the 11th Floor. Clearly it appeared by his mumbles that the 11th floor room had been passed to someone else in our absence!! He eventually found us a room on the 12th Floor...As this overlooked Cromwell Road and the rail line... we found (at night) this extremely noisy....and room very small - (Room 1204). I registered our annoyance the next day....and was offered the opportunity to move to a quieter room. We were there for only the two nights on this occasion - so decided to stay put. Further - on our second day - I returned to our room - tired and ready for a rest at 3pm to find it had not been cleaned. I was not able to raise housekeeping on room phone... so had to report this personally to reception.... Stopped in foyer for an hour until room sorted. !!
So Gold Elite Status has little meaning it would appear at this hotel..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Avril B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear lirvalocin,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had during check-in and the room accommodations you received did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
NJ
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Have stayed many times here in the past 3 years and would like to continue doing so. Busy hotel

Very convenient and walking distance to tube station, supermarkets and Hyde park area and Kensington palace.

Staff is very friendly - the manager Mr. K.K. was particularly helpful - great breakfast - room is spacious by London standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NJCricketer
NJCricketer,
Many thanks for submitting a review about our Hotel. We are pleased to see that you have become a loyal customer and we look forward to welcome you back.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I truly hope travelers do not stay at this hotel. I recently stayed their and there was no mention of trains every 4 mins. I asked to move to a different room, and I was told, because of the rate I paid this would not be possible. So I was with my fiancé who was not well and this is how we were treated. When contacted the hotel manager and left message, no return call. Their lack of professionalism, from management to staff was plain to see.
I have 6 sales people who work for me and I have told them, their expenses will not be covered if they stay at any Holiday Inn locations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank davejp940
Dear davejp940,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback after your recent stay with us. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and can assure you that this is not the usual standard at our Hotel. Please rest assure that I have shared your comments with management team to ensure a similar situation can be avoided. I hope you will allow Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to service and perhaps when next you visit you would be kind enough to contact the Hotel and ask for myself, and I shall be more than happy to take make the necessary arrangements for you .
Kind regards
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

In the website that I used to book this room, this hotel was designated as four-star. It is much more like a three-star. The service is very austere, as are the rooms. The checkin staff did not give the impression of the hotel quality that is claimed. My room was pre-paid, yet it took them a very long time to find me one. When I went to it it had clearly been cleaned in a hurry -- and this was not soon after check-out time. I have stayed in many four-star hotels in South Kensington, and this one is ok but not four-star.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlos S
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Carlos S,
Thank you for staying with us and for your time to submit a review about the Hotel. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your feedback is very important to us and every comment is shared with our team. We hope on your next stay you will have a much better experience and a greater feeling of what this hotel can really offer you.
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a nice area of London beside Gloucester Road Tube station which serves the Piccadilly and the District and Circle lines. It's within walking distance of the Victoria and Albert Museum and Harrods and one tube stop from Kensington High Street. I wouldn't describe it as a luxury hotel but it is clean and comfortable and the standard sized twin room met all our needs. The breakfast selection is excellent ranging from fresh fruit dishes to the full English - and a 'make your own pancake' machine which produced lovely little fresh pancakes. I thought the staff, from the front desk through to the restaurant, were helpful and friendly throughout our stay. This hotel is ideal for a City break and I would definitely use it again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear EdinburghRox,
It is lovely to hear great comments like yours and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I am certainly sharing it with our team. We thank you for your time and look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel.
Atlanta
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed get several times in the last few years. While it is a touristy hotel, it has its benefits. It is located in a very convenient location-only a few minutes walk from a tube stop and close to restaurants and a grocery store and convenience store. The rooms were very clean and we loved that they had US plugs and UK plugs!

• Stayed August 2013
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Traveler7576,
We thank you for your comments and feedback and look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel.