“Good hotel, great location, very expensive wifi”

Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
Ranked #495 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and the best feature of the hotel is the location. Right next to the tube station and walking distance to a lot of major landmarks. The hotel itself wasn't anything amazing but a nice clean room with all the amenities you need. The major downfall to this hotel is the price of wifi! When you pay a fair amount for the room you should get wifi for free!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Stevethornton88,
Thank you for staying with us and for submitting a review about our Hotel. We look to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here as a staging point for watching Chelsea, good location. The tubes a stones throw away& if you don't won't to stray there's plenty of Resturants& pubs opposite the tube entrance. On the downside no free wifi in a hotel in this day&age& an extortionate £5 pound for an hour, tut tut& the Asian women that works in their gift shop talk about suspicious. Anything anyone picked up she almost X-rayed you to make sure you weren't stealing. Certainly no way to treat visiting hotel guests. If you fancy breakfast there's a cracking American themed diner across the road well worth a visit.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear cambuck38
Thank you for your recent review about our Hotel, we thank you for your comments and honest feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I work away from home a lot, and have to stay in a fair few hotels every month.

Because of this, things that are most important to me are:

Cleanliness, food, wifi, location.

Just one out of three for this Holiday Inn sadly ( can't comment on the food as I didn't eat there)

Location is, as most people have mentioned, great. Almost next door to Gloucester Road tube, and obviously very close to a lot of things in London.

Cleanliness was good in parts, but. Poor in others. My toilet seemed to have not been flushed since the last guest used it, there were long hairs on the desk and the plastic tooth mugs in the bathroom had seen better days.

Wifi. Wow. It might be fast and stable, maybe not - I didn't find out because it was £16 for one nights worth of access. Pretty insulting given that you are a paying guest. I can get free wifi with a coffee at McDonalds, but not when I'm paying hundreds of times more than a cup of coffee at this Holiday Inn. Wake up management - it's not really acceptable these days to charge for basic services in this way.

So, I won't be back, just because of the wifi issue - like many people I realise that there is a lot of good competition in London on location and room rates, and frankly I feel a bit offended by a £16 charge for something that should be free. I was also, as an aside, somewhat offended by the wording on the leaflet about TV and wifi packages which read "flexible, cost effective packages to suit your needs" which was kind of rubbing salt in the wound!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sonofcod

Dear sonofcod,

I am sad to hear we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused with the room. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team to ensure a similar situation can be avoided. In regards to your comments about the internet, I have passed them on to the management team, as I do know they are looking into this matter. At the moment, we do offer free wifi to our Gold and Platinum members.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This review is for a standard room. The the room (a twin but occupied by one) was quite literally was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in, the bathroom was also tiny and in-room amenities were sparse, but I'm sure the hotel has much better to offer. I was there on a one night business trip and didn't need any sort of luxury so this wasn't too much of a problem but what was a problem was no free wifi, it could be purchased at a hefty enough charge. Personally I think an international hotel chain in the heart of central London with no free wifi is ridiculous and for this reason I'm unlikely to return, there is simply too much choice out there. On the plus side it's in a good location and is handy for the underground direct from Heathrow.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jaybel

Dear jaybel
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review about our Hotel. We appreciate your constructive feedback in particular your comments regarding the internet which I have passed on to the management team, as I do know they are looking into this matter. At the moment, we do offer free wifi to our Gold and Platinum members. Once again, thank you for your time. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and give you a greater feeling of what this hotel can really offer.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I didn't use any facilities at the hotel so cannot comment on those.
I had a problem checking in (forgotten white card) and Gil was extremely helpful in allowing me to use the phone and contact the necessary people and then fax the information over. He made me feel welcome and really went out of his way.
My own problem was when housekeeping opened my door at 8:45am waking me up when I was not supposed to have checked out. I did mention this and was told it would be reported to the duty manager.
Concierge were brilliant too. I left my bag all day with no problem.

Great hotel overall. Super friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Also great location for the tube - round the corner from Gloucester road

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Danielle C
Thank you so much for your very favourable review and thank you for your comments regarding Gil. Such kind of comments motivates our staff and I have shared your comments with Gil and the rest of the team. Thank you very much and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here last week for a couple of nights. Location is really good 10 minutes from Natural History Museum, close to Gloucester Road Tube (when not on strike). Check in was extremely helpful, making sure we were aware of the hotel's facilities. We had an Executive room which gave us access to the Business lounge - free wifi - free drinks (after 6pm - coffee / tea otherwise) and free snacks! Well worth it!! All the staff we encountered were well trained and very helpful and pleasant. Will definitely use this hotel again. Such a change from a large hotel group!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Nokiarae,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent stay. It is lovely to hear your nice comments about our staff. Comments such as yours are great motivators for our staff and I will make sure to share them with the team. Thank you once again for your time. We look forward welcoming you back.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 13 nights, and I did like it a lot. The location is very good near the goucester road station, and a direct bus (bus 74) takes you to oxford street. The neighborhood is very classy in Kensington, near Harrods and the natural history museum. There are many restaurants very near the hotel.
The rooms are comfortable and not too small. For the basic room you don't get a fridge and internet was too expensive, which is a big disadvantage.
The view from the room is really good, if you are staying on a high floor.
There is a small gym 24x7.
Breakfast is nice, I only tried it once and then preferred to try the nearby restaurants, which are less expensive and have more variety.
I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear mnstino,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. The location of the Tube and many coffee shops close by are indeed extremely helpful, so I am pleased you were able to make sure of them. I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.