“Penthouse Suite”

Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
Ranked #499 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A decent hotel at a reasonable-for-London Priceline rate. The only negative we experienced was that when we checked in early, at 11am, the check in clerk told us he couldn't help us, and to come back at 2pm. When I checked with another clerk, 30 minutes later, she gave us a room without hesitation. Always greatly appreciated after a sleepless overnight flight from North America.
Our east facing 27th floor room was nice, quite small in the British style, but very clean, well serviced each day of our stay, with a modern TV set, four star amenities and a firm mattress.
The hotel is just steps away from the Gloucester Road tube, perfect for Heathrow access and just a few stops from the west end!
Besides the slight quibble with check-in, the only complaint would be the ridiculously high rate for WiFi access. $5 per hour?! Yikes!

Room Tip: A fairly busy area, so higher is probably better.
1  Thank 154945Goodplanet
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear 154945Goodplanet,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience, it is greatly appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve and maintain our services and facilities. We hope to welcome you back when next you visit London.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for this hotel. Knowing that I would need to leave my baby one evening, I made enquiries in advance about the refrigeration of expressed milk. The lady on the phone was extremely helpful- they would ensure we were allocated a room with a fridge & if not possible, a fridge would be brought to our room. Wonderful!

However, its been a total shambles. We couldn't be given a room with a fridge & they'd have to 'see what they could do' about storing the milk. When we arrived in the room it had a fridge. However, it doesn't appear to be working. I took a bottle down to reception to ask them to store it. It was like I'd asked for the moon on a stick! Without going into a blow by blow account, I was kept waiting, given inconsistent advice, the sleeping baby was disturbed at 10.30 at night, I was told the fridge was working despite the fact that its not chilling its contents. I've now given up & the milk is sat in the broken fridge in cups of ice. I've lost the will to live trying to sort it out.

In other adventures, our room was double booked and another guest walked in while I was using a breast pump- always fun... There are stains on the duvet, the bathroom light is hanging off and the queue for breakfast was enormous!

On the plus side, the concierge service is great and the location and views are perfect.

I know that it's our responsibility to put plans in place when travelling with a baby but having checked 10 days in advance I thought we had. Unfortunately the hotel has been thoroughly inconsistent and nowhere near as accommodating as my initial phone call suggested. Disappointed.

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank ladymacbethan
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear ladymacbethan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback after your recent stay with us. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and can assure you that this is not the usual standard at our Hotel. Please rest assure that I have shared you comments with relevant departments to ensure a similar situation can be avoided. We sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the level of service that we offer to our guests and that you will continue to choose our hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed with my husband for 4 nights in October. Twin room, very clean and cleaned daily. Excellent variety of food for breakfast with friendly staff. Walk to the underground and if you are energetic you can walk into the city. My only negative is that you have to pay for WIFI connection.
Reception staff also very friendly and quick with arrival and departure.

Room Tip: We satyed in room 1001. Next to a utility room so very quiet.

Dear Simba6,

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

So first of the positive:-
large room by London standards
very close to the tube station
Gym well equipped
All toiletries provided in the bathroom
Very nice staff

areas for improvement:-
very slow checking
breakfast could do with more cold variety
entrance in wrong place its not on the main road and could be better signposted
Bathroom looked distressed
WIFI pricing not clear

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pingu_the_penguin_84
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Pingu_the_penguine_84

I thank you for your taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum. We appreciate your comments as it allows us to take note of areas within the hotel that are excelling or indeed could use some attention. We truly hope to be part of your future travel plans.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 30, 2013

One block from the subway station
Very clean and spacious rooms
You can sleep very well since it is in a quiet and silent, if you dont get breakfast included, there are several cafes and patisseries near very good

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear L0limar,

Thank you taking the time to leave us a review regarding you recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed for a week starting 10/21/2013. The hotel was very clean and well managed.
We used the bag check b/c we arrived early. Our bags were safe and quickly retreived when we returned hours later.
Our room had a stunning view of the sitting. Maid services was very good during the week. Not quite so much over the weekend but not bad, either.
The breakfast was very good. Lots of choices. I eat a bit healthier than my husband and we were both pleased.
There was yogurt and fruit and cereals, plenty of bread and pastry choices as well as your standard Brit Breakfast items and plenty of meats and a few cheeses.
We did not dine in the dining room for other meals but a friend ate their twice and enjoyed it.
The location was great- near the nat. history museum and the V&A, Harrod's, Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, Chelsea etc. It also seemed quite safe.
Another great advantage was the proximity to the tube and a Waitrose as well as Stanhope Arms- a pub with good grub. I have recommended to friends and we will return as well.

Room Tip: 27th floor on the city side- stunning views especially at night.

Dear advntrgrrrl,

Many thanks for your nice review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum. Our location with the many pubs, restaurants and walking distance to Hyde Park and many of London’s main attractions is indeed great and I am glad you were able to make sure of them. We look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel when next you visit London.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel for four nights from 21st October. The location speaks for itself, very convenient for the tube, restaurants and supermarkets. The room I had was very comfortable and clean. On the 14th floor so no traffic noise. If I have to find fault it would be the lack of free Wi Fi (it is time all Hotels stopped messing about and provided what is now a basic expectation) and the poor air con which is set to a "seasonal" temperature but given the mild weather was too warm so it was an open window for me all week!

Very good breakfasts and room service for dinner also. Will return.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wendy F
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Wendy V,

Many thanks for leaving a review about your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards