We stayed here overnight whilst attending a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is situated in a convenient location for the tube at Gloucester Road, restaurants, a Waitrose and it feels safe to walk around at night. The hotel guests appeared to be mainly tourists, tour groups and flight staff presumably overnighting from Heathrow Airport.
Our room was an executive king size room which was very acceptable except for the bed which needed replacing as one side had dropped down slightly (heavy guest ?) making it uncomfortable. Otherwise the room was nicely decorated and quiet as it was to the rear of the hotel as I had requested.
Our booking entitled us to go into the Business Lounge which offered a continental breakfast in quiet surroundings (very good with excellent coffee) and also beer and wine which we thought pretty generous.
For those who want a drink/nightcap there is an English "pub" on the ground floor which was noisy and convivial when we returned from our concert, it has been modelled on the traditional English pub and closes at about 1.30 a.m. depending on how many guests are still in there.
We thought at £159 per night in Kensington the hotel offered very good value for money and we will return when attending another concert at RAH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum England