Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
4,356 results
All reviewsgloucester road tube stationbusiness loungestayed at the holiday innthe natural history museumexecutive roompiccadilly linehuge hotelbusy hotelalbert hallhigh floorheathrow airportexcellent locationtesco expressconvenient locationhyde parkrooms are smallfull english breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Actually this is a good hotel at great location if the price is not that high and not too crowded at breakfast hours. Should get breakfast early in the morning, best beetwen 06-06.30 am to avoid the long queue.
The room, of course, is small like other hotels in London. Always have problem when using the keyroom card and had to go back to the receptionist several time to reset the keyroom card. Really wasting time, especially if you stay on higher level.
The best thing is location. Easy access for bus and tube. The bus stop is at the back of the hotel, on cromwell street. The nearest tube station just 200m (gloucester road). There is also tesco minimarket accross this tube station. For bigger supermarket, there is Sainsbury at cromwell road near this hotel. But if you bring big luggage, better get off at earl's court tube station. Not the gloucester road station, because it's not luggage friendly. No elevator. Only stairway and a lot of it!
And for family with children, the museums are walkable. Every museums in London are free. But beware of long queue at natural history museum, especially when there is a group of school students.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear h35ti,
Thank you for your comments regarding you recent stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Have reluctantly stayed at this hotel often when all other similar rated hotels in London have been full. In the past it had been at best OK. This week I was thoroughly disappointed and annoyed. I will not stay here again. My room was on the 19th floor. At about 1.00 am on my first night I was woken by a howling gale in my room. I hadn't noticed earlier but one of the secondary double glazing panels was missing, the curtains were blowing out at a 45 degree angle in the room and the wind sounded like I was outside in a force 9 gale. On my second night I returned to the hotel at 9.30 pm. It took an age for the lift to come but when I eventually got to the 19th floor i found my cardkey had been disabled. I had to go all the way back down to reception, queue at the reception desk for about 10 minutes and then have a new cardkey made. I went all the way back to the 19th floor and the new cardkey worked! Then I discovered that the room had not been serviced since I left it at 6.30 that morning. I tried calling housekeeping. I hung on for 3 minutes but nobody answered. I then called reception. Same thing - three minutes of ringing with no answer. I then repeated the process with both housekeeping and reception but will the same no answers. So.......all the way back down 19 floors to reception. Queue for another few minutes. Then this time I spoke with the manager. I received a very grudging apology and was told someone would make up my room and it would be ready in 15 minutes. Eventually I got into my serviced room at 10.20...some 50 minutes after I got to the hotel. I stay regularly (3 - 4 nights a week) in London on business and I am afraid that this 4 star hotel gives a less than 1 star service and I will not being staying at it again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here keep to the lower floors (below floor 10 of the 27 floors) and don't expect Marriot or Hilton service levels.
4  Thank Gary1951_13

Dear Gary1951_13

We greatly appreciate your time to leave us with your detailed and honest feedback, as it is a learning opportunity to improve and make the necessary changes.
Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the Department Managers and Hotel Manager regarding your overall satisfaction and corrective actions will be taken to ensure a similar situation can be avoided.
We hope on your next stay you will have a much better experience and a greater feeling of what this hotel can really offer you.
Thank you again for your time and we definitely look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn as my favorite hotel the Crowne Plaza in Kensington was fully booked for my first two nights. It is an average hotel, nothing special and I hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn for a long time due to the fact that I always thought it might be an average hotel, it was. The rooms were not bad for London standards. The one thing that really peeved me was trying to contact anyone in the hotel from reception to room service to housekeeping especialy reception. I probably dialed reception 10 times for 2 mins at a time and there was no answer that I eventually out of desperation called the emergency number which took about 10 rings to answer???. The hotel is huge and they could easily afford a dedicated person to answer calls and if that is the operator than forward reception calls to the operator.

I also had problems with the air conditioner and finally only after speaking to the duty manager was it sorted immediately when it should have been sorted when I first called the operator. The reception staff also need some service training, just another example of foreigners working in London who have no idea how to smile and handle customers, it is the simplest of training. They should go across the road to the Crowne Plaza and get some training.

Dear Leon L,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum. I apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore you faith in us.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Location, Location, Location. Perfectly situated and short walk to the tube. We stayed here for a week. Rooms were small but that was expected. Concierge was very helpful. Overall I would recommend. Enjoyed the pub on a few nights. Overall bar staff was good except for one bartender who wanted me to accept a beer that was all foam because he didn't tilt glass while drawing (no it wasn't guinness) I guess he expected me to wait to drink it while all the foam subsided. He was a bit put off. Oh well!

Jim Umland

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Jim U,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend the hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage team. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Decent hotel for a couple of nights. Reasonable size rooms, clean but due for a refurbishment. I liked the choice of one soft and one firm bed in the room. The reception staff was absolutely excellent - smiling, helpful and efficient. 2 min walk to Gloucester tube station and within easy walking distance of Hyde Park and many attractions. Ill definitely be back if in this area again.

Dear HansR66,
Thank you for your review regarding you recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum. Your feedback is very important to us and I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcome you back when next you visit London.