“Would stay here again”

Ranked #485 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Cambridge, Canada
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had a room on the 10th floor. The room was spacious and the view from my room was satisfactory. When I would return from sighteeing or shopping, the room would be exactly as it looked when I checked in - clean and tidy. The location is excellent with museums a short stroll away and the tube station, Boots, Waitrose and pub within a 5 minute walk. The only downside to the hotel is the cost for the internet hookup. I've been told that many London hotels charge way too much for internet hookup. If you need the services of the concierge, Alan is great and has a good sense of humour. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jannymons
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear jannymos,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. The location of the Tube, grocery shop, the many restaurants and coffee shops close by are indeed extremely helpful, so I am pleased you were able to make sure of them.
I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

///wash hyper exception chek in was quick and friendly hotel was professional staff and close to Gloucester road tube station room service good and breakfast ok staff in the bar were busy and polite room quality was good sleep was ok and room was reasonable for the price big hotel 27 floors put me off a bit I but nice overall

Dear asiaman31

Thank you for you nice review and for staying at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum.
We look forward welcoming you back in the near future
Edinburgh
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked this hotel when my wife and I went to see Cirque at the Royal Albert Hall. I picked it as I wanted to be close to the venue and for it to be easy travelling from Heathrow. I e-mailed them a few days before our arrival to check as to whether they could accommodate us in terms of an early check-in or look after our bags, they were prompt in the their reply and not disappointing and they said they would look after our bags for us. When we arrived they managed to find us a room even though we were three hours early. The hotel staff were very pleasant and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. Room size was average, clean and well cared for, worth the extra few pounds over budget hotels. At check-out the next day we asked if they could look after our bags until early evening, again nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Toozie
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Toozie

Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice review about your previous stay with us.
I hope you enjoyed the show at the Royal Albert Hall, but moreover, I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I happened across this hotel having booked west end tickets to a show with my partner! I was pleasantly surprised as it was very competitively priced...we were greeted by a very smart doorman who offered to take care of our bags! Check in was swift and the friendly receptionist asked if we'd like a wake up call and a newspaper, I ordered my favourite read, The Guardian. We took the lift to our room and enjoyed great views from our room and a chocolate to share and plenty of water!
We unpacked, freshened up, then went down to the restaurant for dinner. I had the salmon whilst my partner ordered a curry. Both meals were served piping hot and with very friendly staff. We elected to accompany our meals with a glass of wine, this was served ice cold and from the recommendation of our server, we were not disappointed! The meals were excellent.

After dinner we decided to go for a walk around the spacious hotel....we happened upon the pub, well, what can I say! This totally made our break! There was even a juke box and TV screens. We stayed quite late before returning to our spacious and clean room.

After a great nights sleep in the lovely comfortable bed we went for breakfast. We took the advice of the receptionist and arrived having missed the busiest time. We were shown to a table near the window and served a hot drink and fruit juice. Our waiter was very attentive yet unobtrusive even offering to replenish our drinks!
I had a full English breakfast whilst my partner opted for an omelette! Delicious breakfasts with plenty of choice and plentiful fruit and pastries.
After our breakfast we visited concierge to ask advice on where to go for a walk before returning to pack.
The very friendly and knowledgable concierge offered a variety of suggestions including the museums and Harrods. We walked down to the museums which were only a stone's throw away from the hotel! Our only regret was that we had only booked the one night!

Whilst the West End Play was average, the hotel and all it's offerings were second to none!

We have enrolled for the loyalty points scheme so will most certainly be back, very soon!

There was a large black tie party on the night we stayed and the hotel staff made them and us feel very comfortable! The lobby area is a great place to people watch! Even after we had checked out (which was also swift and friendly) we sat and enjoyed a Starbucks drink before heading home!

I would most certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Thank you all for a most pleasant stay....we will most certainly be back!

• Stayed February 2013
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear MWJMBE,

Thank you for your review. It is a real pleasure to read your comments and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum.
Your great feedback has already been share with the whole hotel team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Padstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this quality hotel, welcoming reception and staff, felt valued as a customer. Room clean and tidy, although not overly spacious. The hotel is close to Gloucester Road tube station, so very handy for central London and also on same road as the Natural History Museum. This Hotel is well worth a stay and seems very popular.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Sherwood_ranger74

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights for work, and was really pleased with my choice of hotel. As a pregnant woman staying on my own, I didn't feel uncomfortable at any point during my stay and the staff were really helpful at check-in and check-out. I had a double room which was large by London standards, the bathroom was very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I didn't use the pool or spa, but found the rest of the hotel was great. The location is perfect and not far to walk from restaurants or the tube station. If staying in London again, I would definitely use the Holiday Inn Kensington.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear lynds_b259

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am please to hear you really enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum.
Once again thank you for you comments and I will make sure to share them with our team. We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for a Friday / Saturday London break.
Everything was fine in what must be one of the tallest buildings in the area [its 27 storeys high]. The rooms were clean, though not very spacious. Very near to Gloucester Road tube station and excellent local facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Paul S,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.