It is OK to stay there but do not expect much. The hotel is well located with a metro station very close by and two supermarkets. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes around and you can reach Heathrow by a direct metro line from the hotel.
Rooms are tiny, convenient for single occupancy but if you are two persons then it is really small. I stayed there for 5 nights and it is hard to find smiley and friendly staff.
I asked for a service from housekeeping that was delivered to my room after 5 minute (which is great) however the attendant was on the phone talking with someone, gave me the item and left without greeting or even look at me.
Same with some of the front office staff who would not smile or show interest. Being a priority club member I was not welcomed as one such as in other Holiday Inns, on check-out I was not asked how was my stay, just pay and leave !
Buffet breakfast is good and tasty, try to avoid rush hours. The restaurant in the lobby offers nice food as well. Had dinner there twice however you might wait up to 35 minutes to get served and again you would miss a smile or a nice greeting from the staff with exception to the lady in charge who is well welcoming you on arrival.
Level of noise in the corridors is very high as the space is very small and rooms are very close to each other. Doors are always clacking, housekeeping trolley moving, staff on walkie-talkie, people chatting.
In brief, if you are getting a good rate then it worth to stay their as long as you are on single occupancy. Rooms are clean, Flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facilties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum England