“Don't Stay Here”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #683 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff opens sealed envelopes and will read private items. They are rude and unhelpful.
Hotel is old, outdated, and dingy and the internet is terrible. The concierge is less than helpful and several times my coworkers have had staff come into their rooms while sleeping, or while they are gone and they end up missing items.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra M
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I read with great concern the issues that you highlighted .

We consider the security of guests and visitors and their possession warrant strict monitoring and have put robust systems and polices in place to maintain the safety of all our guests.

When a guest reports any breach of security we diligently investigate and report all cases of alleged crime to a full conclusion and we will recommend criminal procedures against offenders when sufficient evidence exists.

We work closely with the Metropolitan police to ensure our guests and their possession are safe.
at all times.

I apologise if you found the staff interaction lacking and will address your concerns with them.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Olympia

Reviewed February 19, 2014

There is no need to pay extra for an upgraded room. They will give you a standard room and put water bottles and cheap slippers into it.

Rooms seem to be badly insulated - hotel was quite noisy. Banging with doors, shouting etc. from next rooms.

Room itself was OK. Smallish (especially since we paid extra for an "upgraded" room) but clean.

Location of the hotel is inconvenient. Nearest tube is quite far away, so to go into town you need to go by bus to the station and later change tubes.

Breakfast OK, but not better than average.

There were work being done in the corridor on our floor, so we had to push our way past builders when leaving or returning to our room.

WiFi is not included, and the fee for this is (I seem to recall) 15 GBP for 24 hours. Very expensive indeed.

Staff OK, but not particularly friendly.

Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charter L

It is always concerning to read that a guest did not enjoy the stay and that we did not meet the expectations of our guests. I will share you observations regarding the friendliness of the staff with the team to ensure we take corrective action.

We offer a full English and continental breakfast with over 80 Items on offer I apologise that you found breakfast lacking.

We are constantly refurbishing the property to ensure it meets with the expectations of our guests and I apologise that the wall papering disrupted your stay with us.

I noted your comment on the distance to central London and wanted to share some travel ideas for your next London visit with you

3 minutes from Hilton London Olympia Hotel
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments with us

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Arrival was frustrating as the website doesn't appear to say that the closest tube does not receive a week day service! So I walked 15 minutes with my bags. I arrived at a peak time for guests to check in but was kept waiting another 10 minutes as only one member of staff was on the desk.
The rooms are so small you can hardly walk round the bed. You certainly can't wheel a case to the luggage rack. Lifting it over the bed is hardly ideal.
The tv remote didn't work. I rang reception but after 20 unanswered rings went eight floors downstairs. Replacement batteries didn't work either and neither did the manual buttons on the tv set. The engineer promptly arrived to fix it so I only missed 10 minutes of football but why we can't have "normal" TVs instead of ones with menus etc is beyond me. And the supposed heating is one of those noisy extractor things and was cold.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ali M
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us ,it is always a concern when our guests leave disappointed and I am sorry to read that you encountered some problems during your stay

We have a manager on duty 24/7 that are on duty to ensure that any reported problem/ issues is dealt with and rectified and I will share your concerns with them and they would be delighted to assist in rectifying the issues

We are well connected via bus and underground to Central London and the concierge team will be more than happy to assist on offer suggestions and alternative travelling ideas on your next visit
Allow me to share some easily accessible tube and train stations for future reference

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely. Stayed valentines weekend with a group of friends and no complaints whatsoever! Staff very welcoming and rooms big and clean!! My best but was the breakfast!! Very fresh and readily available!!! The juice never ran out and was constantly being refilled!! Location is fantastic right next to olympia Kensington underground and a 10 min walk to Westfield shepherds bush!!
Wouldn't hesitate in staying again!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kirstyplymouth

We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you well.

The Society Bar & Restaurant provides a warm and inviting dining experience serving a quintessentially British menu with an emphasis on sustainable, locally sourced ingredients and we are delighted that you enjoyed the experience.

I am particular pleased that you enjoyed the location and the breakfast and that it met with your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've just spent two nights in the Hilton Olympia while working near by, and it's fair to say i would not stop here again by any means.

I've stayed in a number of Hilton Hotels before, and was always pleased with them, but i'm surprises Hilton would put their name to this place.

Parking - apart from being extortionate, the guy the guy who takes the money and dishes out tickets was dressed in below casual attire. Not what you'd expect from someone representing the Hilton brand.

Check in - Slow

Bedroom. - I had a room on the first floor (142). The room was pretty small, dark and in my mind, dated. The heating made a constant monotonous drone. This was only drowned out by the noise of passing traffic and sirens. I know the hotel is on a a main road, but I'm surprised that a Hilton hotel wouldn't address the noise issue with some secondary glazing or something. The bed itself was very comfortable though.

Bathroom - After a long day, I thought I'd get in and have a bath to relax. However, I went into the bathroom and the bath was so small that I'm not convinced dopey or sneezy could have laid down in it. So it had to be a shower. The shower was weak, with barely enough water pressure to get the soap off.

Breakfast - Breakfast was you standard hotel buffet. Nothing special, but not bad.

I would have given this hotel a terrible mark, but it was clean and the breakfast was as expected.

My overall experience of this hotel was not good from the start, and rarely improved. Apart from it's convenience of location to where I was working, I can not really think of a positive. I certainly would not stop here again, and would urge to to think about other hotels if you want a decent nights sleep and adequate washing facilities.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

It is always concerning to read that our guest did not enjoy the stay and that they felt we did not meet their expectations.

I have addressed your concerns regarding the parking and we have made some changes to that will ensure that you have better experience when using the car park.

I am sorry to read that you encountered some problems sleeping and that you felt the shower was not adequate . We have a manager on duty 24/7 that are on duty to ensure that any reported problem/ issues is dealt with and rectified and I will share your concerns with them .

I am pleased that you found both breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel met with your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time o write to us and share your comments

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My mum and I stayed in this hotel as part of a Trafalgar tour, we came over from Australia. This was our first overseas trip. Our room was clean, but very dated. Also, the fact that the fridge in the room is always locked and even when unlocked only has room for mini bar supplies is a bit silly. Spent a lot of money on water as it was always going warm because we couldn't keep it in the fridge. Our air conditioning wasn't working properly on our first night and we called reception to ask about it. We were told someone would be up within 5 minutes. We waited for half an hour and then had to leave for dinner. As we went past reception we told them we were leaving and found out the girl on reception hadn't even passed on the message.
That being said - Fran the concierge was wonderful. Very helpful and gave us great information every day, including which buses to catch and where from for all of our activities.
The gift shop was also awesome! Bought heaps of souvenirs there and it was helpful for me to buy a UK SIM card from there which had 1GB data on it, as the free wifi only in the lobby was a bit stupid. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Not a wonderful hotel, but nice enough and cost effective for the tour we were on.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Graybubs
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I was sorry to read that you did not have a wonderful stay and that you highlighted a few issues during your stay.

The room were decorated and refurbished between 2009-2012 and a neutral decor style was opted for, I am sorry that you felt it was dated. I have shared your feedback with the engineering team to ensure they address the time it took to respond to your AC.

I am happy that you found the gift shop suited your needs and particularly pleased the Fran made the stay a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been there for one night
The hotel is old , the floors are weird and complex ( stairs)

The pros
The room equipped with mini bar, nice bath , clean , tv , and nice view from the 7th floor.
The breakfast was good
And the crow was nice
Near to the Westfield mall
Very good coffee, and very good concierge service
The cons
No free wifi, you can get 60 minutes only arround the lobby

No electric socket near the bad
Far from the city

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

I am pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and that the room met with your needs. I noted your comment on the distance to central London and I have included some travel ideas for your next London visit

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your feedback