“better then last year”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #692 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel previous year and tried again.I noticed that they have improved their service and accomodation facilities.Room we have stayed is better,renovated,clea and suspicious.Location is nice close to bus stop and metro station (high street kensigton).

Room Tip: renovated and looking to the main road
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We are very pleased that you noticed the ongoing improvements we are making. We were delighted to welcome you back

Pro's:
The lobby is god and approachable. The restaurant had à good feel to it
Roooom upgraded.

Coms:
Very noisy and kept geting up. The hotel should jave double glazed And sound prof Windows And fittings.
Would not recomend it to anyone Who wants à good nights sleep.

Was at the 4th floor

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I was sorry to read that you did not had a good night's sleep , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with. I am pleased that you appreciated the Lobby and restaurants.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our second time at the Hilton Olympia, it is amazing. The staff are so genuine, friendly & helpful. The hotel is so clean and has everything you could need. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a deluxe room this time and it was fantastic. Whenever I go to London I will always use this hotel from now on after trying many substandard ones. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely comments and feedback and for taking the time to share them with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay and that you would recommend the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family stayed at the Hilton Olympia London. Getting around Central London by either bus or subway was very easy. London is one of my favorite cities. Front Office staff was always available. Mixed experience with front office staff, some member were friendly, while others were cold and business like. The morning breakfasts were very good and the restaurant staff were excellent. Hotel and in particular my room was always clean. I felt the bell staff/concierge were hustling my family, friends, and I to take tours and transportation options we didn't need. I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of the recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and that you had great service from the restaurant team. I am sorry the read that you felt the reaction was mixed at the Front desk and that your and the family felt 'hustled' by the team. We do assist our guests to get the best price for most of the London excursions and I have spoken to the concierge team to share with them your views.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Got a great price on the room with breakfast included.

Parts of the Hotel are slightly dated but the property is clean, tidy and functional.

Location is good as hotel is a short walk from the tube station and Earls Court which was very handy

Staff were all very friendly and breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.

I have stayed in more modern Hilton Hotels but would not hesitate to return here if in the area

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that location, breakfast and the staff all met with your expectations. We noted your comments regarding the decor and rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon .

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 4 nights. We were upgraded, which was nice, and the room was lovely and cozy. We had Thanksgiving dinner in the Society restaurant, which was a great ending for our vacation. Great location too, not too far from the center and Westfield.
The concierge didn't satisfy my query about not-touristy things to do, and the morning I left I had to wait for the take-away breakfast even though I had ordered it for a specific time. Little things that didn't ruin our stay in the end though. I would go back with pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry that you felt the team did not meet your requirements in their suggestions and I have shared the feedback with them all. I am pleased that you both enjoyed the stay and that you chose to spend Thanksgiving with us. We Look forward to welcome you both back in the near future

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Heating turned up full blast and there was only a trickle of warmish air i assume that the heating for all rooms is from the same system and therefore the same... it was cold in there .The shower is ok if you are 4 foot nothing i am 6'2 and had to stoop to shower. Breakfast i feel was overpriced for what it was, to be honest our works canteen turns out better for a fiver. Ok that's the bad points the hotel room itself was really nice and really clean the bed was huge and was quite warm under the duvet the tea and coffee making facilities were also good.The bar is a very nice spot to relax in tho a little pricey but hey that's London we saved up and allowed for that. There are supermarkets nearby so don't touch the minibar or water which was nearly £4 for a small bottle. The staff were really the saving grace of our weekend they are really efficient and friendly no faults there at all. The overground rail station is a few minutes walk away and the underground not far away in Kensington high street.If we had stayed in warmer weather we would have enjoyed it much more. For a nice pint and pub meal i recommend the Goat Tavern out of the hotel cross the road and turn left about 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your review. I apologise that you felt the beginning of the weekend was not as great and I have tasked Engineering to investigate the problem you encountered. I am pleased that the rest of the trip was a enjoyable one and that you found the staff caring and attentive.