“You could do worse”

Ranked #674 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Athens, GA
“You could do worse”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is pretty standard for the chain: reasonably well-appointed rooms (with a bathtub in mine, a real treat in London) and a sort of empty lounge-type feel -- not super welcoming, but not dodgy or scary either. Middle class respectability. It's a fair hike from the hotel to the Kensington High Street tube station - took me about a 15-minute walk. I don't really have any complaints, but it's nothing stellar either. Like I said, you could do much worse.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear MUW_Hobbit
Thank you for taking the time to write the review, apologise that you found the Hotel not welcoming, I have shared the feedback with my team to ensure they action with their teams.
We hope you had a pleasant stay in London

Hilton London Olympia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and felt that we could have done better than that for value. The bed smelt like the sheets had heavy sweating on it before. Yuck! Slept with no sheets on and turn up the heating on the room airconditioner. Hotel is gloomy and looks dated. About the only good thing this hotel has to offer is the excellent concierge. Extremely helpful and friendly!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doris P
Dear Doris P

I apologise if you felt that your stay was less than you expected.
Please rest assured that we use a reputable linen provider and they meet with the strictest industry standards. I have shared your feedback with them to ensure they are informed.

The concierge team bring with them over 60 years of experience of the Hotel and London and I am pleased they were able to make the stay a pleasant one

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Before I begin let me say I dont like saying anything negative about a company. That being said, I hope that someone else benefits from the information I have provided to help you make a wise vacation decision.

I booked a room for my family July 1,2 at a cost of 555 per night for 3 people (my wife myself and my kid) as part of a package by carnival Cruise lines. Total cost was $1110.00 . Probably one of the most expensive hotels I ever booked Here is what I found
The room is small for what I paid there should have been more room.
The hotel wheeled in a portable bed for my kid he is 6' 2" and his legs hung over the bed about one foot.
The room was clean but that is to be expected from any hotel.
We were not allowed to check into our room until 3pm but I arrived as part of the transfer from carnival at 10am. ok that one might be on Carnival but we were not happy because of the huge time gap
The bathroom did not have hot water for bathing the hotel sent maintenance to evaluate and they told us they would work on it and sorry for the inconvenience.
I personally do not need anyones apologies just results. To boot the problem was not resolved during our stay.
The bathtub was raised so that when I stepped in it standing my head was hitting the ceiling. Picture a grown man hunching over trying to take a shower while thinking I paid for this.
The location of the hotel was far from any sightseeing opportunities. and the train was about a 15-20min walk.

Breakfast was included in the price It was buffet style and in my opinion was very good.

My advise would be to consider other options when booking a hotel in London.

Photos to come of the room and the bathtub...

Please indicate whether you found this info helpfull so I know it is or is not helping someone.......

Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Find a hotel that is close to sightseeing opportunities
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Traveling00Man
Dear Traveling00Man

Thank you for the detailed comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us, sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectation.

We do provide roll away beds for children to stay with Mom and Dad in their room we were unaware that your child was 6’2” and would need a room of his own to accommodate his height.

We always try were possible to have rooms ready, check out is at 12 and we did on this occasion had guest who stayed until mid day and we could only provide your room later on.

I have a Duty Manager on Duty 24/7 and they would have been happy to assist with any issues that were brought to their attention during your stay.

Regards

Hilton London Olympia

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here for four nights last week. It's a perfectly reasonable, if somewhat underwhelming hotel. As with other Hiltons that I have stayed at, it feels a little under-staffed, with queues at reception and waiting times to check-inout of 5-10 minutes.

The general ambiance in the reception area is a little gloomy, and there are usually large tour parties and aircrew in transit milling around, making it feel crowded. Once beyond the reception, the corridors leading to bedrooms feel a little tired - some frayed carpets and marked woodwork, etc. The room I was allocated was perfectly ok, clean and tidy, decent (small) bathroom and well-serviced each day. I can't comment on the bar or restaurant, as I didn't visit either.

The hotel is right next door to Kensington Olympia, so if you're visiting this exhibition centre, the location is brilliant. There isn't a great choice of restaurants within walking distance, and central London will take you about 20-30 minutes on public transport.

Overall, this is a reasonable hotel with decent bedrooms but which feels a little dated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard P
Thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Regards

West Country
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Comfortable hotel, about ten minutes from Kensington High Street tube. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped with hair dryer (with nozzle!), steam iron, bath and shower and nice toiletries. Beds are really comfortable with feather duvets and pillows. Staff very friendly too. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear GillD1954

I am pleased that you enjoyed the stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were average but clean. Thank god for air con as it was so hot and the window was useless as only facing a wall!! Stayed as a group of girls on a hen party. It is also ideal for Westfield shopping CRT and earls court. We had an issue with our rooms but were dealt with promptly and efficiently. The Brekkie was buffet style and there was a great selection. God could have been a little bit warmer but no real complaints n that front.

A member of house keeping broke the soap dish in our bathroom and decided the best thing to do would be to leave it in the middle of the bath???????? Ridiculous. But after notifying the reception desk they sent the most lovely maintenance man up to help us.

Overall no major issues and a nice hotel especially for groups

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dawnywawny

I have shared you feedback regarding the soap dish with the Executive Housekeeper to address with her teams.

I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast the area and Hotel and that the group had a pleasant stay

Dublin
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked this hotel as we were attending the Wimbledon championships and knew it was relatively close to the tube line. A very good deal on one of the main booking websites won us over.

I had never stayed in a Hilton hotel before and was curious to see the level of service on offer.

Check in was very good, with extremely helpful staff on the front desk. In fact the staff we encountered throughout the stay were all excellent, a request for additional tea & coffee supplies was dealt with promptly and with great courtesy.

The room was good but I did feel that it was in need of some modernisation. The bathroom should definitely get a makeover, the ceiling in the bathroom was extremely low and whilst standing in the bath for a shower I felt quite cramped - anyone taller than me would have been very uncomfortable (and I'm under 5 foot 8!).

Overall, while I was quite happy with the accommodation provided I do feel that had we paid a higher room rate then this hotel may not have lived up the the expected standard. However the staff were excellent and the location was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter G

I hope you had the opportunity to see some Amazing tennis at Wimbledon and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we are pleased you enjoyed the stay

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, maybe for Wimbledon 2014?