“Our stay at the Olympia”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #684 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Leavenworth, Washington
“Our stay at the Olympia”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We checked into the Olympia on Sunday March 3rd as the first part of our Trafalgar tour it was an easy check in which was nice after a long flight from the states, I want to say the staff at the Olympia was the best they went out of their way to be of any help we needed thats a big plus with me, we had a problem with our heater and i mentioned it to housekeeping and with thin a few minutes we had a repair person problem fixed. We rode the no#9 bus into central London which was nice because we could see some of the sites along the way. Our room was small but this is London, and of course the lobby was really pretty, and there was a little gift shop to pick up a few things which we did. we had a nice breakfast and even had fish and chips at the bar area, the rooms could use a bit of a face lift but other than that we had a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Riaan S, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear ILuvSeville,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us.

We realize that when you are travelling a lot you need a great Hotel experience and I am happy that we were able to provide such and experience.

We value you positive comments regarding the team and the Head Chef is delighted that you enjoyed the quintessential British ‘Fish and Chips’. May I suggest the Sticky Toffee pudding as a guilt free dessert next time?

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kindest Regards,

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wimborne
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I was booked into this hotel by my employers as I was at a conference nearby. The outside of the hotel is nothing special, but reception is shining, clean and spacious, and the reception staff were friendly- very welcome on a cold dark night.

It was a bit out of the way to get to- the nearest tube station (Olympia) is not open unless there is an event at Olympia exhibition centre, so I was out of luck as my stay was midweek. So I had to catch the tube to Kensington High Street, and hop on the number 9 bus which stops just outside the hotel. Easy!
My room was a single one, right at the end of the corridor, and round several twists and turns, so it felt like I was in a maze trying to find it.
The room was very comfortable- a double wardrobe, with ironing board, safe and hair dryer inside, and plenty of hangers. Plenty of tea and coffee and an efficient modern kettle. A good comfortable chair at the desk and a flat screen Tv to watch...bit of a poor satellite signal, I think. I turned it off after a while as it was annoying me.

I had free Internet access which is a huge plus for me. Well done, Hilton!

The bed was a mega comfortable single bed with crisp white sheets and a fabulously warm duvet. Lovely!
Plenty of free tea and coffee, and a minibar that charges you if you move things. There is a sign warning you of this so there really is no excuse if you move things and are charged. Don't touch unless you want to buy it.
There is in room service but you have to pay £5 per tray- so I didn't bother.

The only thing I was not happy about was the bathroom. There was no hot water in the shower in the evening, or in the wash basin, and the shower only had warm water after I ran it for ages in the morning. I think you might want to update the showers, Hilton! The air coming in through the extractor fan was perishing so the whole bathroom was very cold and the marble floor was freezing.

Breakfast is served from 6am, and I went down at 6.45, being an early riser. It was busy already. However, the greeter was very pleasant and took me to a table- did not explain about the breakfast options or tea or coffee but luckily a young woman asked me what drink I wanted, so I was sorted out. The food was very good. Plenty of fresh fruit, just as I like, bread/ toast, yoghourt, muffins, croissants, continental cheese and meats, and the hot food was excellent. Hot, fresh and ready to take..and the chef was cooking little fried eggs which were the best hotel fried eggs I have had. Usually they are sad and dried up.
I thoroughly enjoyed the filter coffee, too. Very tasty blend.
Checkout was easy and the staff were lovely.
An annoying thing was the lifts- 3 of them and never there when you want them. I always walked downstairs as a result, but my bad knee made me wait to go up!

Would I stay there again? Yes, if I need to be in that area, and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rainbowsue0
Riaan S, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear rainbowsue0,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hilton London Olympia. I am particularly delighted that the team made your stay a pleasurable one .Your comment regarding the décor and amenities are appreciated.

Sincere apologies that the problems you encountered with both the Television and the Hot water were not rectified during your stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Olympia soon.

Kind regards

Ferndown, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent a very pleasant weekend at the Olympia when I visited the 'Who Do You Think You Are' show at the Olympia. The rates were very reasonable and when I arrived I was given an upgrade f.o.c.
The staff were very efficient, there was an excellent breakfast, a very comfortable bed and everything was fine including receiving some Loyalty points - the tube is close by and there are plenty of buses and nearby is Kensington High Street. Will definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: My room overlooked a busy road but as it was on the 7th floor, the sound of the traffic was barely n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear 609Jill

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton London Olympia.

I am pleased that from check-in to breakfast you had a positive experience.

I will certainly share your comments with the Housekeeping, Restaurant and Front of House teams

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is well located for a night out in West London and if you are exhibiting or attending events at Olympia (it's in the name) or Earls Court. Room's are air conditioned. Service levels are very high. Bar area is comfortable and well appointed. Gym is a bit small and needs a concept 2 rowing machine in it.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the second floor and above so a bit away from the road.
Dear James H

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton London Olympia, in particular the standard of Service and your observations regarding the Bar area .

The fitness suite is compact and I will take on board your suggestion in relations to the Concept 2 rower.

Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Olympia several times as it is often the best priced Hilton in London. Overall it's pretty good; friendly staff, nice exec lounge, reasonable food, gym etc. Rooms onto the main road can be a bit noisy but rooms onto the back are delightfully quiet. The only real issue is transport links into central London. It is right next to a train / tube station but tubes only run to Kensington Olympia on the weekends so late night coming back from the theatre I had to catch a tube to Earls Court and then a 20 min walk. It won't kill me but worth bearing in mind. If planning lots of trips into Central London I would suggest the sister hotel, hilton Kensington, about 1 mile North but next to Shepherds Bush station (central line).

Dear Claude K,

It is always great to read that our guests return regularly to the Hotel and that we are able to meet your expectations.

The team is at hand to ensure that our guests get the best possible advice with regards to travelling in and around London as transport in London can be a bit complex at times.

If I may suggest a few travel options for your next visit, the number 9/10/27 busses stop outside the Hotel and these will take you to High Street Kensington and on to the District and Circle Lines. A few stops along is Knightsbridge for the Piccadilly line, this should reduce the 20 minute walk.

If you do enjoy the night life in the West end the N9 bus departs from Trafalgar Square and stops outside the Hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights as I was working at the Olympia complex. I've stayed here many times before and was pleased to see that the hotel communal areas had been refurbished since my last visit as had the bedroom I had. The refurb was clearly just cosmetic: there were a couple of small things which added up to a disappointing stay:
- room was large but overly noisy from noise outside the window/room
- shower stopped working at 7.30am for a good half hour as no hot water
- lighting in the restaurant at breakfast kept flickering on and off for all three mornings
- BBC channels on the TV just did not work

Overall I was just disapointed that a hotel chain with the Hilton brand wasn't better. I wouldn't have paid more than I did for it, and would have been more vocal at the time had it been a personal stay.

I would stay again, but only because of it's proximity to where I was working.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up in the hotel, and try and ask for an upgrade
1 Thank PhillGray
Dear PhillGray,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with Hilton London Olympia and Sincere apologies that your stay was not an enjoyable one.

The team and I discuses all feedback weekly to ensure that the where possible problems are immediately rectified when they our reported by our guests.

We have experienced some Television reception problems due to the Building works across the road and we are monitoring the Lighting in the restaurant to address the flickering of lights you reported.

We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again and that your next stay will be an enjoyable one

Manchester .UK
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked the Hotel for a meet up with my relations, and I was delayed. Had booked the Hotel in both our names(very lucky, and best to do so, in case one is late)I rang the hotel to advise them , this and said it was her birthday, and I would be a couple of hours late, It turns out ,she was early, not only did they give an early check in, but the Hilton Olympia, placed wine , fruit,and a card in our room. They also upgraded the room, and let my her go in executive room. Staff were excellent from check in to check out, breakfast was first class. many thanks craig.ps in fact we enjoyed it that much,and was that pleased re booked for later inJuly, even though we could have got a cheaper deal elsewhere.

Room Tip: call before checking in, the staff will help if they can
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear dadtripper,

The team and I were delighted that you stayed with us during your Birthday Celebrations

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the team their attitude and helpfulness.

We look forward to your next visit