“Good hotel in ideal location for Olympia”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #686 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed for two nights whilst attending a conference at the Olympia conference centre, which is just 5 minutes' walk away. I was also very grateful to find how close it is to the Overground station as I arrived tired after a long journey from Devon and it was literally 3 minutes' walk. Check in was friendly and efficient, as was the service at breakfast (i.e. showing me to my table - the breakfast is buffet service). It seems as modern, clean, well-kept hotel, what little I saw of it - reception, restaurant for breakfast and my single room. I liked the understated decor and well-designed room. Yes the single room I had was small, but it didn't seem cramped. The bathroom was fine and the over-bath shower very good. It took me a while to find the hairdrier (in the wardrobe?!) but I appreciated having an iron and ironing board in the room. Lovely big, comfy bed and I would have slept very well (I was very tired) if it wasn't for the mini bar fridge whirring into action at frequent intervals through the night. Also, I was woken too early by external noise, which I think was of a more mechanical nature ("plant") than trafffic noise, which was a gentle background hum. Breakfast was good - plenty of choice, hot food hot, cold food cold (always good!) It would have been nice to have been offered a newspaper to read (especially as I was on my own) but there you go. My main problem of this hotel is the price - I normally get some sort of deal to stay at a Hilton, but only managed a partial discount on this occasion and felt it was a LOT of money (£400) for two nights bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the service yard at the back of the hotel, which was fine for muffling the road n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear EastDevonian,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your business trip to attend the local conference.
I was so glad to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
All the best, Richard.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Olympia

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I booked online for an overnight stay at Hilton London Olympia as we were attending an Exhibition at Earls Court so was convenient. We chose the hotel in particular because of the parking, but we didn't look closely enough into this as when we turned up there was no chance we were going to fit out Land Rover into the car park due to height restrictions. We were however able to make most of the free street parking until Monday morning. We had opted for the upgrade option online so when we checked in we were upgraded to an executive suite. This was a very pleasant room, with a lounge area and separate bedroom. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. Having access to the Executive Lounge is such a pleasant experience, friendly helpful staff, in a comfy, relaxed atmosphere, such a bonus. The bar itself was also very pleasant and after a night in the city we returned for some drinks in the hotel bar. We also had the benefit of express check out which was such a good service to avoid delay checking out. I would certainly visit again and will definitely opt for upgrades in future.

Room Tip: Corner suites are lovely. Opt for upgrade if booking online
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jo C,
Thank you ever so much for a great review! It is our aim to ensure we deliver great service consistently. Reviews such as your help to reward the team as they are recognised for their hardwork and dedication. Thank you.
Take care and all the best, RIchard.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a single room for a business trip. I found a good price and it was just fine. The room was tiny, but served its purpose. Staff was friendly. The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest tube and about 5 minutes to the Overground.

If the location was better, I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear bbtravelin,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel following your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a fine stay and I hope that we do get the chance to welcome you to the Hilton London Olympia again in the future.
With best regards, Richard.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and myself stayed at the Hilton London Olympia for 6 days. We arrived quite early before the check-in time, so we left our luggage with the concierge and went out to explore London. There is no underground near the hotel; but the 27, 10 and 12 buses will take you to Kensington High Street Station where you can get anywhere you want.

The room is a bit small and you can hear the constant traffic sound. The bathroom is tiny and the bathtub was not clean. Tea / coffee making facilities were provided. The bed was very uncomfortable and the creaking sounds were unbearable everytime we tossed and turned. The hotel is not the best Hilton we've stayed in and I don't think we'd wanna come back here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twentyfifths
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear twentyfifths,
Thank you for your review of this hotel on Tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.
We will take on board the appropriate feedback about the hotel, and I thank you for your time in providing this.
Yours sincerely,
Richard.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as we were going to the good food show at Olympia. You couldn't get a better location and I freely admit to being one of the 'refugees' in the lovely bar! Ok, it's not next door to the tube station but a 27 bus right outside takes you to paddington with a stop at noting hill if you want the central line. We got a special offer and so the bill for the two nights was only a little over £200 and that included breakfast! Fantastic value for central London!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Karen M
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Karen M,
Thank you for your great review of the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for using the Society bar whilst here over the Fine Food Show at Olympia Exhibition Centre and we really appreciate your business. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
With best regards, Richard.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here this week for a conference taking place at Olympia. Booking very late, all my usual London favourites were either very expensive or full so decided if I was going to pay a lot, might as well be close. Room rate was over £300.00 per night.......

The first standard room was a bit like a corridor - very dark and dismal and could not face it - so was offered a (paid) upgrade to an Executive room by the very efficient and nice check-in person. Definitely worth the extra, although still nowhere near the standard I would expect from a HIlton Executive room, being a strange mix of modern (Bed v comfy) and old/tired - bathroom was a grubby disgrace, but at least everything worked. Lighting also somewhat bland using low energy lights.

This part of the hotel had corridors with stairs in a few places which is just a bit odd and again all looks a bit tired, so check if you need to have easy room access.

On the plus side, the public areas are all modern and have a nice atmosphere. A massive bar area that is a great place to hang out. Had dinner in the restaurant one night - lovely food and really pleasant service from the waiting staff (was nearly empty though). Nice Executive lounge too. A proper Costa Coffee in the lobby is a great thing to have.

The thing this place has going for it is the location for Olympia, so a good choice, but book early.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very small and dark, even by London standards!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank yachtracer
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear yachtracer,
Thank you so much for your detailed review on tripadvisor following your week long stay with us at the Hilton London Olympia whilst at your convention. I am glad your overall stay was satisfactory and that you were able to enjoy the Executive Lounge and Society Bar.
All the best and thank you again, Richard.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Hilton London Olympia is located in the Kensington district of London. It is convenient to transportation and restaurants. It is very modern with, perhaps, the most comfortable hotel beds that I have ever slept in. There is an open, airy, modern furnished bar steps up from the lobby. The restaurant, Society, is where a full English breakfast is served as part of the room rate. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were there for6 days and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hank C

Dear Hank C,
Your review on tripadvisor following your stay with us is appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the buffet breakfast, location, our comfy beds and the team's friendliness. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in West London again.
Happy travelling! Richard.