“A cracking, good value for money hotel with pleasant staff and a good breakfast.”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #684 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Booked this through lastminute.com as a secret hotel and couldn't have been more delighted. Lovely staff, spacious and clean rooms, a cracking breakfast and great decor. It is a good ten minute walk from 3 separate tube stations but this is reflected in the price. I recommend walking to the Hammersmith station as there are a few good pubs on the way. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Prinny100
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Prinny100,
Thank you for your review of the Hilton London Olympia following your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you stay and it was good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast, the location and that the whole team looked after you.
We look forward to having you return soon. All the best,
Richard.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My sisters Hen weekend was booked here. Very clean everywhere and all staff very helpful!! Even calling taxi's for quotes for our night out! Great location too! I have to say though, I wasnt too impressed that our entire party was separated on different floors but obviously they have to put you where they can find space I suppose. Breakfast was a great selection but you had to eat anything 'hot' very quickly as it was only lukewarm at best, scrambled egg lacked seasoning/taste, sausages were clearly good quality but slightly too pink in the middle for me but still tasty but hey I went back for some yummy fruit and left the restaurant full!! The fragrance making was fantastic part of our hen weekend and I highly recommend it to anyone! I wasn't too happy that on a Sunday morning, housekeeping tried to come in at 9AM then again 20 mins later... we were checking out at 12PM!! After a heavy night, not a welcome knock at our door!! Little too desperate to come in if you ask me! But overall, not too bad.......

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a view if thats important to you...we had a brick wall with windows for a view, but in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank NaomiDean84
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear NomesHighWycombe,
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor following your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had an overall good stay, found the location suitable and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
All the best,
lhr
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked at last minute to see Dara O' Briain at the Apollo for our Wedding Anniversary as my husband loves him. Decide to treat ourselves to a night in the hotel to save having to drive and to enjoy a drink. This Hotel was a perfect spot, just up the road , not too expensive with all the luxury I have come to expect from a Hilton. The whole experience was fab, the room great (very large bed) and spacious, the exec lounge comfy and well stocked. Breakfast the next day was brilliant and they let us have a late check out so there was no rush just a nice relaxing morning and not having to leave until 2.00pm was a added bonus. I will definately book here again when next in hammersmith.

Room Tip: Looking on the web site all the rooms look lovely, if you get the chance to upgrade to an exec one t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear stuartandlisa1999,
Thank you for your tripadvisor review following your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the comedy show at the Hammersmith Apollo and your stay with us here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Yours sincerely,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Most of the rooms are good other than the single rooms which are too small. I like the location and the fact that it is well connected through the bus routes to all of London. The bus stop is very close to the hotel and one can hop in and to go to Kensington high street tube which connects you virtually to most of London. I like travelling by buses as London has such fabulous old buildings and when you are in the tube you miss out on these special sights. The concierge at the hotel is very helpful and helps to get taxis at a good rate. They booked me a private taxi to go to Heathrow airport which was cheaper than the Taxi I got from the airport to the hotel. The staff is very helpful and made my stay really comfortable. The breakfast spread is great and the food generally is good too.Some of the rooms may be in the noisier section but I was lucky to get a nice, quiet room..so no complaints.The wi-fi in the lobby is free but in the rooms it is frightfully expensive. A lot of cafes in this area like Pret-a-manger, Wholefood etc have free wifi with great dining options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank KayMystic
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Kaymystic,
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel and I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found our location and access to the public transport suitable for your needs, and I look forward to welcoming you back.
All the best,
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very helpful on arrival and although we arrived 4 hours before check in they let us have a few rooms early. The beds were very comfortable and the general cleanliness was of a high standard. The bar is very nice, and the breakfast was definatly my high light :) only thing I could say bad was the tv was a little temperamental, I nearly got lost on a couple of occasions trying to get back to my room as it was a bit like a rat run in parts, and the chamber maids tried entering the room twice within 20 mins of each other 3 hours before check out.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Toni-Van-,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton London Olympia following your stay with us.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed an overall comfortable stay, received an early check-in and took advantage of the breakfast buffet. I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to West London.
Please be assured that we will look into the TV signal issue you highlighted and smell smoking you mentioned.
With best regards,
Richard
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is quite dated but unbelievably good value for its location in london. The room was a good size, with a very comfortable bed. You would be hard-pressed to find such a spacious room in london. We stayed during the olympics and paid a reasonable price despite this. The staff were friendly and also let us check out late from our room. The only downside was that the air conditioning was very temperamental.. there was no thermostat that we could adjust and it was far too cold.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sumi13_11
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear sumi13_11,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit to the Hilton London Olympia.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular our location and room size. It was a great experience for London to host the London 2012 Olympics and I and glad you got to enjoy it with us.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
With best regards, Richard.
Clitheroe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stay here every year when we do Olympia Ecom Expo.

The hotel is handy for Olympia and there are several great restaurants about and it is on Kensington High Street (bit of a hike to the shops end though).

The closest tube station is Olympia for under and overground, the underground service is a bit limited, but you could walk to other tube stations.

The room rate we paid was £180 inc full breakfast and the breakfast is the very best thing about this hotel, fast efficient service and great food and choice. I have not eaten in the restaurant but I am told it is very good as well.

The rooms are to a high standard, th WIFI is not free and at £14.99 a day not cheap, but you can use your BT WIFI if you are a BT customer which is free, Hooray!

I would not stay here for family or personal trips as it is outside my budget, but for business it is great!

Room Tip: Go High and ask for a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Robert C,
Thank you ever so much for a great review. It is our aim to ensure we deliver great service consistently. Reviews such as your help to reward the team as they are recognised for their hardwork and dedication.