We had a lovely time at the Hilton Olympia on an eight-day trip to London. The Olympia is an excellent value, and beautifully kept. This Hilton was built into a pre-existing older building - Don't expect the American-style huge rooms and sweeping expanses of glass of a purpose-built US Hilton. It is a nice contemporary hotel in a lovely neighborhood within easy striking-distance of the attractions in Westminster, St. Paul's, Victoria, Southwark, etc.
Be sure to do your research. The Olympia Station around the corner is not an underground tube stop. It is an Overground stop (otherwise useful, but not the same as the tube) and does not run regularly. You can hop on any of four red double-decker bus lines directly outside the hotel, and you'll be at the High Street Kensington tube station on the Circle Line in a few minutes. (Or hop on the #9 bus specifically, to Trafalgar Square.) You'll find everything you need a few steps from the hotel - wine shop, grocery, pharmacist, etc.
Lobby & Public Areas
Lovely. Nicely done, well-kept, and attractive. Wi-fi is strongest near front desk and stairs to the bar/restaurant. Four lifts are small, but quick. The bar and restaurant areas are quite nice, and the food is standard, but very good. Certainly nicer/better quality than most moderate hotel restaurants. Cash machine, computers, and a small shop are available in the lobby as well.
Beds, pillows, and linens are very nice, and very cozy. Truly a comfortable night's sleep. Towels are standard hotel-scratchy, but big. (Appreciated!) Electrical sockets were easily accessible. Our wine and water glasses were replaced daily, tea is available in-room, and everything was very clean. Flat screen TV, alarm clock, small wardrobe, iron and board, etc. are provided. Our standard room had two chairs and a bureau/desk area as well. Photos of the rooms are accurate.
Our standard room bath was just fine, beautifully clean, and well-supplied. Shower pressure and vanity area is great! My only complaint is that the bathtub/shower in our standard room was quite "short." That is, I am 6'1" (185 cm), and my head was hitting the ceiling in the shower. My husband is 6'5". You can imagine.
Lovely. Absolutely lovely. The front desk and concierge staff was wonderful. From transit directions to ticket booking, the concierge staff is great. They even helped us explore nicer, less-expensive options to Heathrow. Cleaning staff we encountered were equally as helpful. All the way around, a truly great staff. I was particularly impressed with the way they - with grace and class - handled rude, unreasonable guests. Well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton London Olympia hotel on bustling Kensington High Street, 2 minute' walk from Olympia Exhibition Centre, 10-15 minutes from Earl's Court Exhibition Centre and Westfield London Shopping Centre. Try our quintessentially British menu in our fabulous interior designed Society Restaurant inspired by the Victorian era or relex and enjoy our delicious cocktails and nibbles in Society Bar. Do business in one of our 10 newly refurbished meeting rooms, unwind in the fitness centre, or enjoy our COSTA coffee shop. Heathrow airport is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Olympia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Olympia Hotel London
- Hilton Olympia London
- London Hilton Olympia Hotel
- Hilton London Olympia England