“very pleasant hotel if you get right price!”

Danubius Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #316 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“very pleasant hotel if you get right price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night for business. I stay in a lot of London hotels for work and standards aren't great. The Danubius hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed in within this price range. Rooms were a good size, the beds really comfy and the bathroom newly decorated. Breakfast was very nice, in a pleasant airy room. There's also a gym which I didn't get round to using!

Location not completely central but very near st johns wood tube. And nice walk down to Baker Street taking about 10-15 mins.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I value your time taken to write the review following your stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. We do try hard to offer a very good quality 4 star experience to our business travellers at a competitive rates. Wi-Fi is complimentary which is a great bonus for guests who need to work whilst away. Booking early is often recommended to ensure that the best rate can be selected and we offer a price match policy.
I do hope that you will choose us again for future stays in London.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at The Danubius Regents Park when visiting London recently. Although not as centrally located as many would prefer the hotel is extremely handy by bus 13 to Oxford St shopping and only a 10 minute walk or so from the St John's Wood tube station.

The hotel itself is a bit dated but the room I stayed in was nicely appointed and very up to date. It was very clean and the bathroom appears to have been recently upgraded. The area around the hotel is quite nice as well.

I got a great rate at this property and I wouldn't hesitate to return again for the same price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank FlyJayClass
I was pleased to read your review about the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. We do offer a very comfortable 4 star property with all modern facilities with a competitive rate offering for the area.
Thank you for your comments which reflect our lovely location close to Lords cricket ground, London Zoo and Regents Park.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park for 3 nights in March 2014 as part of a theatre / sightseeing trip to London.

The hotel is within 10 minutes walking distance of St John's Wood Tube Station. Baker Street is also another option; however expect to walk at least 20-30 mins to reach this station. For keen cricket fans, Lords is directly across from the hotel.

As with other reviews, the hotel does look slightly dated from the exterior, however upon entering the foyer, the building is very nice.

The doorman was well presented in a top-hat & tails and was very jovial and always had a smile or a kind word for the guests.

Check-In was a smooth process and we were quickly provided with our room key despite arriving well in advance of 3pm.

We had a room on the 3rd floor which had a street view and was of a reasonable size.

The bed in the room was comfortable; however my only minor gripe was that the pillows were too soft for my taste. That being said, it didn’t prevent me from having a good night’s sleep.

The bathroom was nice and clean and all necessary sundry products were available i.e. shower gel etc. A small point to note in relation to the bathroom - the shower had good pressure / temperature; however the shower head was very low in height. I am 5ft 9" and had to duck under the water flow.

As part of our package, breakfast was included. The buffet available was varied and enjoyable.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park - all of the staff were very friendly and helpful and the accommodation was reasonable, however upon my return to London in the future, I will seek accommodate in a more central location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I should like to thank you for your positive review following your stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park.
Our location in the very elegant Regents Park remains peaceful and close to Lords and the Park with good transport links to Oxford Street - just 1 mile away. We are not located in the hustle bustle.
We do offer alternative pillows to guests; perhaps on another occasion please ask house-keeping to provide you with a choice.
We would be delighted to welcome you back on another occasion should you choose to reconsider and stay with us again.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Previous comments were pretty positive so I expected a bit better. My room needed renovation - maybe others have been done already? Soundproofing was awful so avoid if light sleeper. Bed linen had couple of stains, had standalone plug- in electric heater, tiles had worn- in grime marks having been there for a long time etc. If it was a budget hotel would be fine, but 4 star definitely short of the normal standard I've experienced elsewhere in London.

Room Tip: Avoid room in the Plaza area from my experience.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for posting your review and I am sorry that you felt some disappointment. I can only apologise, if we did not match up to our normal high standards. I should like to investigate the issues with your stay but would require the date of stay and room number.
Please be so kind and contact me directly - sales@danubiuslondon.co.uk - your review is taken most seriously.
doncaster s yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

we recently went to London for a break stayed at dannubus hotel ,excellent hotel .next to cricket ground near tubes ,staff was excellent bedrooms to die for ,we got there at 10 am ,they saved our cases,used bar ,excellent service

Room Tip: excellent whatever floor you are on .three lifts
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased that the Danubius Hotel Regents Park contributed in a positive manner for your 'Break' in London. With all the comfort and excellent customer service here to make your stay a success - 100% - well what more is there to do than to invite you back. Please come back and stay with us again soon.
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and on the whole it was a pretty good hotel - clean and comfortable. The staff were pleasant and the room service food was excellent and great value - arrived quickly and cheerfully. Bed is slightly smaller than most hotels these days but is still a good double. Bathroom was nice. though shower pressure is not brilliant. No water provided although there is a fridge you can you for your own stuff which is nice - I recommend bringing some milk if you are staying longer than one night as hotels never provide enough of those little milk cartons - they seem to only expect you to use the tea/coffee facilities once! Good location and it is a plus to have a hotel with parking BUT make sure you are aware that they charge £28 per night on top of your room for the priviledge - this is nowhere in the information given and if you are staying more than one night as we were it can work out very expensive. However if you are a blue badge holder as I am - it is free - but they do not tell you this unless you ask!!! We nearly paid £56 more than we needed to! Apart from making car parking charges more clear this was a pretty good stay for a London hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank salthewelsjhgirl
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
It was a real pleasure to read your comments about your stay here at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park - your valuable observations do assist other travellers in making choices.
I do take note of all comments and will try to implement improvements where possible.
We are located in St Johns Wood which is a real bonus however of course parking is at a premium. Although as we are outside the congestion zone - there is saving on no congestion charge! We have recently analysed the parking costs and we presently charge one of the lowest rates for a hotel in this area.
I am delighted that you had a Blue Badge and with this verified, you did not pay unnecessarily.
N. Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here on business this week. The hotel is opposite lords cricket ground and very close to regents park which is beautiful. The hotel looks very run down from the outside but it's actually quite luxurious inside. Rooms are big for London standards and clean. The beds are very comfortable. Breakfast was good. I would stay here again if I got it at the right price. A short walk to St. John's wood tube station.

• Stayed March 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying in the heart of St Johns Wood, adjacent to the calm and beautiful Regents Park.
With a really comfortable bed and choice of pillows to ensure a relaxing rest, our modern bedrooms offer all the facilities that a business or leisure traveller might need - Free Wi-Fi too!
We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Danubius Hotel Regents Park on your next visit back to London.