Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
5,024 results
All reviewsclub roomtube stationpiccadilly linescience museumtesco expressheathrow airportexcellent locationinternet accesswest endconciergekensingtonwaitroseconferencepubsfoyer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised when we got out of the Underground station at the Gloucester Road stop and turned the corner to find that this hotel was located right there! This proved to be a very convenient location both for the close proximity to the Underground as well as to the pubs and restaurants located on the surrounding blocks. The Gloucester Road stop is just a few stops away from the airport, city center, and the St. Pancras station (where Eurostar and the other train lines are located).

We were put in a room with twin beds our first night (at no fault of the hotel's; the site we booked our reservation with had confirmed the room incorrectly) and the staff went to great lengths to make sure we were switched to the room we thought we had reserved for the next night. The rooms were spacious and the staff were always willing to answer any questions or tend to any needs we had.

The one thing we should've paid more attention to is that the wifi is not free. It's slightly misleading because the site advertises wifi and we just assumed that it was no charge because who charges for wifi anymore?!? There was a Starbucks around the corner which did provide this service at no charge.

We would highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

the perfect london hotel me and my partner have stayed at this hotel twice now and it doesnt dissapoint. theres valet parking, a man that opens the door, a cozy and very business feel to the loby. the location is so good its about 20 second walk from the tube staion a tesco across the road and a nandos about 2 mins up the road. breakfast in bed in the morning is recommended the views from the rooms are not great granted but what do you expect from the very centre of london because who goes to a hotel like this for a view? anyway lots of pubs and clubs in surrounding area 10 mins on the tube and your in oxford circus. we went for christmas shopping and it was nice just to dump the bags and go straight back out again so perfect for us will be coming back and definatley recommending it to friends and colleages.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank chunkyg40
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Friends made a last minute booking to watch "WE WILL ROCK YOU" and we did not know where to stay as all the hotels we were finding were all fully booked. I remembered that one of my friend worked with the Millennium company, and asked a favour to book us in if possible. She confirmed the booking and got a very good deal (thanks to the friends/family discount she was allowed). We got a bargain especially since the hotel is based in Central London. Very easy to find. Checked-in really easy, got a free room upgrade to one of their deluxe room ( I guess it was our lucky day) had a huge flat screen. We had room service before we went to the concert and that was really fast. Went to the concert/ had a few cocktails after concert at some bar and had some more in the hotel bar. Sum the whole night, it was great. Ambience of the hotel is good, lots of smiles the following morning which helped, since some of us had bad hangovers. We will surely return!!! 2 thumbs up to Millennium Gloucester...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Just returned from a one-week stay. Since I've stayed at this hotel twice before, I knew in advance that the location is perfect. What a joy to return from a day of sightseeing and cross the street from the Gloucester Road Tube Station and be "home."
My single room had a floor-to-ceiling window, queen-sized bed, large desk, ergonomic desk chair, comfortable lounge chair with hassock, and flat-screen TV. The bathroom had lots of counter space and a real hair dryer with diffuser (not one of those horrible things on the wall that shoot a stream of warm air through a plastic tube). I was very comfortable. Should note that this was a standard room - not the upgraded Millenium Club room.
Staff were friendly and competent, and my room was ready when I arrived at about 12:30 PM. Housekeeping was excellent.
As others have noted, breakfast is somewhat "pricey" at about 16 pounds. At check-in, the reception staff mentioned that I could get breakfast vouchers for !2.50 pounds, but since I really just want coffee in the morning, I went to the Starbucks across the street.
My room faced a side street at the back of the hotel and wasn't too noisy, although because I was on the first floor (second floor to Americans), there was some minor traffic noise. Otherwise, the room was quiet - no sounds from neighboring rooms.
I booked online directly with the hotel and received a very good rate of 88 pounds per night (nonrefundable) on a "Leisure for Less" promotion. This was less expensive than the rates advertised on Hotels.com, Expedia, and Orbitz.
Was invited to a cocktail party for guests one evening but could not attend because of a previous commitment. This was a nice gesture, however.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank HappyRambler
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We booked this as a mystery hotel through superbreaks.com so we got terrific value for money. The location is superb, just around the corner from Gloucester Rd tube station, so you can come direct from heathrow airport on the piccadilly line. It's a nice area too, feels safe and clean. We walked to the Royal Albert Hall, and to the museums, and to Harrods - such a lovely leafy area, a really nice place to explore. The room was not on a club floor, just an ordinary room, but it was lovely - very clean and airy. We slept extremely well, our room was looking out over back gardens so there was no traffic noise. Breakfast was great and very plentiful. All reception staff were very helpful at all times, as were the doormen and breakfast staff. The only negative was the barman, he was quite brusque and then it emerged when we were checking out that he had charged us for doubles ... but we hadn't noticed at the time so we had no comeback. I wouldn't let this stop me returning here though, I would definitely recommend the place. Just keep a close eye on your bar bill! there is an italian restaurant, Da Mario, about five mins walk away on Gloucester Rd and it was v reasonable and EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple