5,637 results
All reviews club room tube station piccadilly line the natural history museum tesco express heathrow airport location is excellent west end concierge kensington conference waitrose pubs foyer
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend break, the hotel is very nice and clean, when we arrived the staff were very helpful. In the morning we went down for breakfast, we was seated and told about helping yourself to breakfast, the waiter asked if we wanted tea or coffee, my daughter asked if she could just have water and she was told where she could get the water from which she didn't mind. On the next table an Arab couple sat down and asked for water, the waiter brought him water, his breakfast and everything he asked for. It was a little disappointing as we was in our country spending the same amount as everybody else so everybody should have been treated identical.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

It’s always pleasing to read that guests found the location perfect for their requirements.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Hi, I'm writing to praise the customer relations of this hotel. My mother was staying there this week and was celebrating her birthday. I emailed the hotel from Australia asking if they could help me to something special for this occasion. They were amazing and so helpful. They arranged for chocolates, a cake and an email that I'd written from Australia, to be waiting in her room when she returned from her days' outing. It was all beautifully presented and they even emailed me a photograph of what they'd done so I could see what my mother was receiving. It was service far beyond what I'd expected. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, even though I haven't even stayed there .... yet! The staff are exceptional!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jen K

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor.com, we appreciate your valued feedback. It’s always great to hear from our Australian friends and guests.

I am delighted to read that you rated our service so highly and I have passed your feedback onto our Guest Relations team to read.

I want to thank you again on behalf of the hotel staff for staying with us and sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com

We trust you will choose to stay with us on another visit to London.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at club floor level6th.
Positive comment; 1.Close to underground tube 'Gloucester station' just 20 steps walk, walking distance to Harrods, Hyde Park, Museum, restaurants and pub. 2. Get a warm welcome from lovely and professional staff 'Gloria' . 3. Bed is good and comfortable, temperature in the room was perfect ... Negative comment; 1. Room a bit old, when we checked in we found some hair in the bath sink, iron was not working need to call to change and 2 lamps in the room were not working which should be in good order but cant be bother to change them again. 2. When we took the luggages passed the concierge, there was 1 staff standing there but no offer to help me as a lady to carry the luggage down from the stair case. 3. Couldn't get well sleep at all, we stayed for 2 nights first night was disturbed by kids run around and screaming at 1am for an hour from the family who stayed 4 rooms around us until we had to called duty manager and second night was disturbed by the alarm at the door around 1-2 am and very loud for 10 mins. 4. No fond farewell the reception staff just said 'nothing to pay, thank you very much' never ask how was our stay or made us feel like to return. 5. Understanding that need to pay deposit £50 by credit card but got confirmed by the staff that will get it back once checked out immediately but still not get it until now(3 working days already) it's quite complicated because when checked with the hotel said 'already been released' but when checked with the bank said 'not yet release from the hotel'.. (We checked out 26th Aug 2014)

Room tip: Try to avoid to get close to family with kids who stay many rooms close to each other
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ThitiratHoyle

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington.

I am pleased you enjoyed the hotels’ location and found the staff welcoming and professional. I am however saddened to hear that there were issues with your room, obviously no room should be occupied without been checked properly first. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced.

Thank you once more for sharing your comments with us on tripadvisor.com

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Am writing this a few hours after having checked in ... and still asking myself, how does an international hotel in a cosmopolitan part of London do the basics so badly?

First: parking a car. Admittedly, the majority of visitors to this hotel are likely to come here by taxi or other public transport. But for my sins, I came in a hirecar ... and to pay for the carpark below the hotel, you either have to dole out GBP37 in COINS (no, seriously, the machine does NOT accept bank notes OR credit cards - go figure), or download an app for phone payment (on international data roaming if you're not a Brit!), OR send an SMS to a number that does not respond, OR dial a random call centre in India (again on international roaming if you're not a Brit) where someone will eventually sort you out but ask you if you want confirmation of your GBP37 pound payment via an SMS costing 20 pence. Aaaaaaaagh!

It sticks in the craw and the blood boils at such slow, inefficient, avaricious service ... More irritatingly still - try to download the smartphone payment app to cover the parking, and it won't accept a non-British credit card. Seriously! How does that happen in an international hotel? I've been places with the old-fashioned credit card swipe machines in the boondocks of nowhere that manage the basics of getting a visitor out of the carpark - before they die of old age - better than this place.

Second: queueing for checkin - it's a complete free for all with no obvious markings to help guests form a queue. Initially i was standing in a line of three families waiting for two check in staff. Having patiently waited for what felt a short lifetime, you can imagine the irritation we felt when a British woman with a generously applied ton of makeup to her rotund face, died blonde hair and clutching some designer handbag cut in front of everyone and the poor check in clerk could do nothing about it ...

On the plus side, the online last minute rate is reasonable and the room is pleasant enough in a way that conveys just the right amount of blandness. The bedroom window is so dirty I can't really see the insipid concrete roofs and walls that appear to span three quarters of the view outside, and the desk hasn't collapsed - so I can write this review.

In conclusion, I'd rather by anywhere else but here right now. If I have to do a central London hotel again, I'll stick with the Hilton, Marriott or Holiday Inn - at least I know I will feel happy there.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank IWABR

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington.

Any concerns during your stay should be raised with the hotel staff who will be happy to assist or alternatively with the Duty Manager at the hotel.

I am disappointed hear that you did not enjoy your stay, as many of the comments on tripadvisor.com are overwhelming positive.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

First of all I would like to thank trip advisor because you help many like myself when traveling what to expect, I really enjoyed my stay at the Gloucester, The staff was very friendly the room was nice and clean I had previously read a lot of reviews starting with the negative I didn't experience any of those things except, about the wifi that was very disappointing, but overall I would stay there again when i'm back in London... The electrical was a little confusing several different outlets all using different plugs I just used the one and it worked just fine overall a Lovely experience.

Room tip: I stayed in room 304 My room was next to the lifts so at night it was a little noisy but it was a nice size room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

It’s always pleasing to read that guests enjoyed their stay and found our staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington sometime in the future.