“Great facilities plus personal service equaled great vacation”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #531 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel itself is very well maintained. We stayed on the fifth floor in a club room with modern furnishings. Mattress was very comfortable. Room was very clean and had good lighting, adjustable temperature and 3 fan levels, 2 terrycloth robes, a refrigerator and a tea kettle. The bathroom had great water pressure, a big tub, and a heated towel rack. We stayed a week and never heard any noise from adjacent rooms. Room included breakfast served in a restaurant on the ground floor with a variety of choices including English, Asian and Middle Eastern dishes. The room also included wifi and 20 pounds of credit per day good for room service or two restaurants at the hotel, one Asian and one English/Middle Eastern.
The kindness and compassion of the staff was what made our visit perfect. We had to reschedule our trip at the last minute because of a death in our family. We had paid a non-refundable deposit which management graciously allowed us to apply to a later date. When we got to the hotel we received a personal welcome that made us feel very happy. The staff was always available to give advice and answer questions. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and they made it really special for us. We would come here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Club level room has everything you could want.
1  Thank Nina R
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington on your recent visit to London.

Your ratings about the Value, Location and Service as well as the hotel in general are very much appreciated. Your kind comments have been shared with the hotel team.

I want to thank you again on behalf of the hotel staff for staying with us and sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com

We trust you will choose to stay with us on another visit to London.

There are newer reviews for Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had an awful experience to this hotel.
I have stayed before to Millenium Gloucester, so for a short stay in London to meet friends, I decided to book, mainly due to the position and the good experience I had before.
Once I arrive I was assigned to a room which was not the one I booked (I had twin I booked double bed). Outside the room there was an horrible smell and inside it was not clean at all: one pillow was dirty, on the floor rubbish from the previous customer and hairs in the bath.
I called the front desk to report the problem, the seemed to be not very interested and sent me a staff memebr with a new pillow (what's the point?).
So I decided to go downstairs and I reported the problem to the front desk, and I was given a new room. This was quite cleaner, but: minibar empty, hairdrier not working.
During the night, the fire alarm rung for few seconds. It was impossible to understand if it was a real alarm or not. I called the front desk three times: no answer.
I went downstairs to the lobby, and when I was just arrive a staff member said "no problem, all clear, all clear". He litterally finished to say those words and the alarm rung again! All under control!! Perfect. It took 20 minutes before the guests were able to use the elevators.
In the morning I have ordered room service for breakfast for 10.30am. At 10.25 I was called by the room service and I was told that now the new policy of the hotel is to charge the whole price of the breakfast if delivered to the room even in case is included in the room rate.
That was clearly very unfair but was late to have breakfast in restaurant so I decided to have the meal delivered anyway.
When I checked out I was not charged for the breakfast, so I asked to the front desk staff and I was told: "No sir, don't worry tou won't be charged". Obviously, when I came back home I found the breakfast amount charged.
The general impression is that everyone to the hotel has no idea on what's going on. Confirmed on the fact that I wrote 4 times to the hotel to complain and ask about the breakfast charge: no answer at all.
Excellet customer care.
From my point of view, beware this hotel as hell

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Massimo R
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location, close to Glouester Road station, shops and restaurants, we stayed here a week. The rooms are of a good size and comfortable. The breakfast was good but terribly crowded.

The gym had good equipment but no climate control and the temperature did not go below 27 degrees and when there were a couple of people in there it became like a sauna. I don’t think the air conditioner had worked in years, and was told they were looking into fixing it. At the end of the week it was still not working and I stopped going after the third day of our stay because it was stifling.

The hotel was overall very good and I would recommend it for a stay in London (as long as you don’t mind being in a hot gym)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor.com, we appreciate your valued feedback.

It’s always pleasing to read that guests enjoyed their stay and I will follow up with regards to the air-conditioner in the gym.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Spent two nights here as attending a course. Apart from the wifi which cost £10 per day, the night rate itself was very competitive and I was upgraded to a Club room on arrival. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean, with traditional furnishings, nicely soft towels, one of those good showers that you don't have to keep fiddling with to maintain the temperature and quality products.
As a hotel to work in, the room itself needed some additional desk lighting.
I found the quality of all meals here to be excellent, with a good choice and no more expensive than other London hotels. At the time there was an interesting mix of people, an Indian wedding, the Melbourne symphony orchestra and an international religious conference. This is a well located hotel too and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for the Club floor if you can. These rooms are on higher floors and have secure lift access by k...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to read that you rated the rooms, cleanliness and service so highly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed at Millennium hotel in August, when visited London. The hotel is good for the price. Clean and rooms spacious, standard what you would expect from 4 star hotel. Great value for money and excellent location.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Lovely welcome and customer care from staff. Wonderful room. Brilliant location for tube, walking distance from science, natural history and V&A museums. Lovely food in the restaurant. This is our second visit here. Elizabeth.

Room Tip: speak to staff
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed here with a Road Scholar tour. Very helpful staff. Excellent location in S. Kensington, right by a tube station, walking distance to many attractions.
Believe they should just factor the WiFi cost into the room rate instead of charging 10 pounds for every 24 hours of access.
Our guide was blind-sided by the hotel's inability to provide our group with ANY meeting rooms during our stay.
All-in-all I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends