“Lovely hotel, convenient location”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #528 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here with friends for one night whilst in London to see a show. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The rooms were warm and clean with a good selection of toiletries and tea and coffee and we were also upgraded on arrival. Didn't sample the breakfast so can't comment on that but there are lots of cafes around the area, open even on a Sunday to provide a good breakfast choice. Great location for getting around as right by Gloucester Road Tube Station and free parking on the street after 1.30pm on a Sat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Suzanne J

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and the time in London. Your positive comments about the hotel standards, location and the service are very appreciated. Thank you.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I came for 3 nights for our anniversary and were treated like royalty. Particular thanks must go to Cornelius who made our stay very memorable. Fantastic facilities (loved the club lounge), fantastic location, fantastic breakfast, fantastic room service, fantastic stay!! The few minor issues we had with the room were dealt with extremely promptly. We would definitely recommend and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DarrenSallyL

Thank you for your review and for recommending us.

I am so pleased to read your comments about your stay with us. It is delightful that you had such an amazing experience at the Millenium Gloucester.

I have passed your feedback to the team and especially to Cornelius. Thank you.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

having stayed in this hotel once before and had a perfect stay we decided to book again because we know this place is fantastic. Check in is great the reception staff are always so friendly and welcoming once checked in we got to our room which despite just being made up by the maid had a very musty smell to it but since we don't spend to much time in there we did not worry. we had only 2 lights in the bathroom working which left it very dim to say the least especially over the sink top. we also had only one light working on the bedside lights, these sort of thing should have been sorted out prior to the broom being used by a guess in my opinion as they don't take long to get fixed. also the bathroom had a very loud fan which you could not turn off at all and during the night it was quite loud. the Pillows were also very lumpy and in need of replacing, the bed was comfortable which is the most important thing. all of the the problems we encountered were just very minor points and did not cause any big problems for our stay we would still come back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone. also the plugs were all in very odd places it would have been good to have a plug either side of the bed to put your phone on charge over night if you use it as an alarm. we also felt the internets should really be free in the rooms as plenty of hotels now offer this as standard now and £10 for 24 hours or £5 for an hour is very pricy considering that you would not use the internet for 24 hours.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floor overlooking the conservatory if possible as its lighter and quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear tintin84

Thank you for taking the time to write a second review about your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I am glad that you once again enjoyed our overall standards and services. I appreciate your comments about the maintenance issues you encountered and I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

A year ago I wrote a scathing review of the Millennium Gloucester Hotel following a business trip to a recruitment fair held here. This year the same fair was held here again and, once again I booked a conference room for the event. I cannot comment on the bedrooms, the swimming pool, the spa or restaurants, but I was allocated the Gloucester Conference Room and I simply cannot believe the level of improvement over last year.

The room was spacious and well lit, there was adequate water which was replaced as a part of the cost each day. Coffee and other drinks were available (though I did not use this facility). The room had everything I needed to conduct interviews in comfort and many of the candidates commented on how opulent it was!

The room was clean and tidy and it was cleaned each day, no more than one might expect perhaps but a big improvement on one year ago.

We had free internet in the room as part of the package (as oppose to free internet via the recruitment fair) and it worked throughout our time with no drop-outs or problems of any kind.

I was very quick to condemn this hotel for the room we were allocated as a conference room last year, and I make no apologies for that. However, I do believe in fairness and I think the Millennium Gloucester Hotel really gave us value for money on this visit; I also think that it is only fair that I say so publicly!

Dear William B

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the second time on TripAdvisor.

I am so glad to read your most recent review and find out that we met your expectations and needs this time around. Thank you.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming your custom again in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was the first time I'd stayed at the hotel and from entering the reception with the door being opened for you, you could tell it was a first class. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite. I stayed in a club room which was very comfortable and this gave me access to the club lounge. Again everything was superb and relaxed. The hotel is very conveniently placed for shops, tube and pubs. I will definitely be staying here again this year and would highly recommend it.

Dear Mason N

Thank you for your review and for recommending us.

Your very positive and kind comments about the location, room standards, staff attitude and helpfulness are very appreciated and have been passed to the team.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wow I have had the most amazing time of my life! my lovely husband arranged for me to have christmas of do all the things I've always said I'd like to do at christmas but can't because of work!, all of the following was a total suprise for me.
We traveled up to London on christmas eve eventually after our train was cancelled!!, got a lift to Slough with my brother and train in to Paddington from there, this hotel is lovely a great location and Gloucester Street tube is just across the road.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GrimGloucestershire

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you had an amazing time while staying at the Millennium Gloucester hotel. Your comments are appreciated and have been passed along to the team. Thank you.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Booked 5 rooms for works treat and must say apart from my room being slightly tired the hotel was good value for money and the staff very helpful and polite.Having parking underneath hotel in London was a big plus even thou car park is not owned by hotel and rather expensive.
Hotel location was very goog only being 2 minute walk to Gloucester road tube station.

Dear Andrew H

Thank you for your feedback. Your kind and fair comments about the standards and service are very appreciated and have been shared.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.