“Great location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #490 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The location of the hotel is excellent right next to Tube stop and easy to get around. We had the club room which was clean and did the job as we were mainly sightseeing everyday. Hotel overall is average but the breakfast is good. Service was average also. Overall a good stay more for the location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alodhia
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear alodhia

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know that you were overall satisfied with your stay and that you found the Gloucester to be conveniently located, next to the Gloucester Road Underground station.

Chris van Dam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our travel agent recommended this hotel for it location, cleanliness, service and we were thrilled with her suggestion. We did not use the hotel services but really enjoyed the fact the hotel is at least off the busy streets, but just a hop skip to The Tube, close walking distance to great selection of shops and restaurants. As well we were able to get a good rate for London. Highly recommend for good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear 99franko

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you accepted your agent suggestion and that you were satisfied with the standards and the location, conveniently close to a Underground station and plenty of shops, attractions and restaurants nearby.

Bournemouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed sat 5th oct and paid £109 for a standard room

Good points:
Great location really close to tube to get into centre of London and bus takes you directly to south Kensington , and pub, tesco, waitrose, cafe, fast food, cash machines all outside of Gloucester road tube.
Area feels safe
Staff friendly and fast check in
Good choice at breakfast including sugar free items which is great for diabetics
Hotel general areas clean and impressive

Bad points:
Outside of hotel grey unimpressive building
The room doesn't match the general areas at all, we stayed in room 208 (I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had this room originally and complained as our room number had been scribbled out and this one written on instead)
Lighting terrible only one bedside light not sure where the other was and one floor light and only small window which looked out to centre of building so hardly any natural light.
Room seemed clean and of adequate size but the bed seemed tiny only standard double.
Found it really hard to dry hair as you had to press the power button constantly to keep it on and press quite hard.
Bathroom clean and good shower but floor quite scuffed and more tired than rest of decoration.
Biggest surprise when I pulled back the curtain was to see the catering staff outside our window!!!!! Our room seemed to be opposite a fire escape door which led into a kitchen preperation area for I'm guessing one of the function rooms. So from when we arrived to early hours of the morning we had lots of noise and every time I looked out it was to either see different members of staff or to see bin bags or at one point we could hardly see out at all because there were so many crates stacked outside our window!!
When we came back from our evening meal around 10pm we couldn't even get in our room because there was a man outside with a food trolley piled high with dirty plates!

Also no one told us about having to use your room card to stop the lift for your floor so ended up going up and down few times.

From other reviews sounds ok if you get club room so maybe go for one of those. I would stay in this area again but not this hotel as such bad nights sleep.

Room Tip: Get a club room and if offered room 208 ask for another room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vodkavodka
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear vodkavodka,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I am disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion regarding the service and room standards. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matter further, if you would please contact me at: Chris.vanDam@millenniumhotels.com .

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I only spent 2 nights here but as always, it was an enjoyable stay. Despite some staff changes, the level of service was good (thank you Torsten !) and I always appreciate the efforts of the very attentive staff in the Club Lounge. They never forget a face and are always very welcoming.
The location is very convenient for getting anywhere and the concierge staff very helpful with directions. Very nice Lobby !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear CherylanneOntario

Thank you for your loyalty and for always taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments are very appreciated and I have passed them along to the team.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a very well run hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and eager to offer assistance with just about anything we could come up with. The concierge desk was probably the strongest performing aspect of the hotel's cracker-jack staff. They were very knowledgeable and accommodating.

All of the little things they do added up to an outstanding stay, with very few flaws in the overall experience. Let me start with the tea. I've never had better and my wife and I started our mornings with a pot delivered by room service. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for it to arrive. One day we checked out for a few days to spend some time over in Paris. They happily stored the luggage we didn't need for that leg of the journey and then delivered it back to our room when we returned. Smooth as silk... The breakfast buffet was very good and the bar while rather small was a great place to stop and people watch during happy hour. The bed was perfect, the climate control was precise, and the club level room was quiet.

The hotel is located a half block from the Gloucester tube station. If you haven't tubed in the past, you really need to have that experience. It is clean, safe, easy to use, and inexpensive when you buy an Oyster card pass. There are plenty of great pubs near the Millennium as well as pharmacy and grocery store. Perfect is how I would describe the location from a standpoint of how easy it was to get to all of the London attractions.

The only thing that kept this hotel from getting an excellent rating was the overall cleanliness could have been a bit better. It wasn't bad at all but I couldn't say that it was excellent. The shower curtain was a little messed up too. We also had a minor issue with some of the electrical outlets not working so this made for a little inconvenient climbing around under the desk. These were very minor issues compared to all of the wonderful aspects of our stay at the Millennium.

For a couple, you want to upgrade to a club level room. It was much more spacious than the standard room and since we were staying for a week while visiting our daughter, we needed a little more space. This hotel is a great value!

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the entrance and up on the 6th and 7th floors are much more quiet than...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear paul s

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Millennium Gloucester.

Your comments are very appreciated and have been shared with the team. I am glad that we met your expectations on the service and standards, as well as the location.

Your feedback on the cleanliness and electric outlets has been noted and I thank you for bringing the to our attention.

Nevis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at the Millennium Gloucester for 3 nights during a business trip. I was very impressed with this property! The concierge & bell staff were very helpful & friendly, always going out of their way to answer any questions. I especially appreciate the dedication of the front desk staff. My group arrived early (well before check in) & although they were very busy, they were able to arrange for all of us to have an early check in. Melanie in particular was very pleasant & helpful.
The hotel is within walking distance of many fabulous restaurants, bars, & shops. Hope to return to London & the Millennium Gloucester soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear jamielynn123

Thank you for your review.

It is great to know that you and your group enjoyed your stay at the Millennium Gloucester and that you were very positively impressed with the hotel.

I have shared your kind comments with the team, particularly Melanie, and I thank you on their behalf.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have just returned from a four-night stay - my third time at this hotel. The staff were able to accommodate my request for early check-in. Even though I had a standard room, rather than a club room, this was more than adequate for a single person. The bed and pillows were comfortable, everything worked well, and the bathroom was clean and well stocked with toiletries. Floor-to-ceiling windows made the room bright and added to a feeling of spaciousness. I especially appreciated being able to use the air conditioning even during the first week in October, as London was unusually warm. Breakfast was good, and all foods were promptly replenished. Although a large seminar was taking place during my stay, the staff were always attentive and helpful. Two minor quibbles (just to show that I actually stayed here). First, a bedside radio/alarm clock woud be helpful. Second, the room safe is on the top shelf of the closet. Since I am a relatively short woman, I could not reach this.
PS: Regarding steps versus elevator (lift) at the Gloucester Road tube station mentioned in previous postings, both are needed when using the Picadilly line - two flights of about 8 steps each bring you from the train platform to an area with a lift. The lift then takes you to street level. The Circle and District lines require one flight of steps but no lift. The hotel is directly across the street from the station.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HappyRambler
Dear HappyRambler

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Your comments are very appreciated and I have passed them to the team. Thank you for the positive feedback about the standards and the service you received.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the near future.