“Girls weekend”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #538 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent value for money, delicious breakfast,all areas spotlessly clean,very comfortable beds and plenty of hot water.we would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.We were able to walk to the Albert Hall and it was an easy tube journey into town,The staff were all very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue L
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Sue L,

Thank you for this great review.

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I passed your very positive feedback to the team and everyone was very satisfied. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Once again my stay here was made pleasurable by the staff at this hotel. Both my husband and I were in London for business and relied on assistance in various areas. At all times our requests were greeted with absolute assurance that should we need anything else we need only to ask.
I cannot say enough about Neik and Sumeet and their staff at the front desk--they personify the true meaning of "hospitality".
The staff in the Club Lounge should be complimented for the attention they show their guests and their ability to remember faces.
Thank you once more !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear CherylanneOntario,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a third review about your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I am delighted to read your comments and find out that you were satisfied with our standards and services. Rest assured that I passed your kind words to the team and the management.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Executive Office Assistant

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel before and to be honest the main reason we do is due to the fact it is only a 15 min walk from the Royal Albert Hall. This time around our room was very dark with only a slim window in the corner of the room meaning that even during the day you had to have a light on, making it feel a bit gloomy and depressing on a cold January day. There were also a few cobwebs which you don't expect for the price you pay. The bathroom was quite large and lovely and warm. All staff were friendly and polite. The main annoyance was that when we returned to the hotel we were told the hotel bar was not the hotel bar and so shut at midnight and that the hotel bar was the the Milennium hotel next door which would be open late for guests. When we got there at just gone midnight that was also shut and the guy on reception tried to send us back to our hotel where he said the bar would be open. For me one of the benefits of staying in a London hotel is being able to get a drink when the pubs are shut and this is the 1st hotel I have been to where this is not the case. Overall I would stay here again but only if I was doing something in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alyson.johnson-smith_123

Dear alyson.johnson-smith_123,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in standards and any inconvenience caused. I passed your feedback to the relevant departments for discussion and action and I thank you for bringing them to our attention.

With regards to the bar opening ours, it appears there was some kind of confusion and I am really sorry. Indeed the bar is open until late for resident guests, on that occasion maybe there was no demand and it was decided it would close earlier.

On a positive note, I am glad to know that you were satisfied with the team friendly attitude and the location.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is centrally located to the tubes, supermarkets and also the food district of Kensington. The hotel serves a delicious buffet. I enjoyed the museums around the area -Prince Albert and also the Museum of Natural History. I found my room dark but was located in a corner that was very spacious. Cleanliness can be improved. Some parts of the hotel looks tired.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room with good lighting
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8nlssy

Dear 8nlssy,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in London and that you were satisfied with the Gloucester location in the heart of Kensington.

I passed your feedback on the lighting and cleanliness to the relevant department managers and I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really lovely hotel. Was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Once I found the hair dryer, I was happy!!!!!
Staff booked our evening meal at Italian restaurant, Olives, great food, can highly recommend it.
Would go again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Spanishsuze,

Thank you for your review.

We receive your comments with great satisfaction. I have shared your feedback with the management and the teams and we are very happy to knwo that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The MG is a pretty good hotel and the location is excellent - near Tube station and shops and amenities. Some of the rooms getting a bit "tired"but very good value all the same. The staff are friendly and helpful always.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear boatwench,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know that you were satisfied with the location and specialy the team.

Your comment about the rooms have been noted down and had been passed to the relevant department manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Located just off the Gloucester Road, two minutes walk from the tube station.

The entrance is hidden way in a passage way between Courtfield Road and Harrington Gardens.

We had a twin standard room, which was very spacious and came equipped with a TV, kettle, ironing board, iron, safe deposit box, built in fridge ... this was supposed to be a mini bar, but it was empty when we arrived. Most travelers I suspect find the local Tesco Express's prices more convivial.

The room also had one arm chair, and a battered office chair too.

The TV picture was for some strange reason green .... I'd have complained to reception only I don't visit London to spend my time complaining, and we really only use the TV for background noise.

One really good point about the hotel is that breakfast is served from 6.30 to 10 am, ensuing that early birds and late risers can have their fill as needed, The breakfast is mainly self service buffet, with fruits, cereals, full English and a first for me Thai dishes on offer. Waiters constantly moved through the dining hall providing fresh coffee.

Bad point, the lifts are very slow to react to being summoned, there are six, but it still takes ages for one of them to start moving.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DazCat,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us.

I have shared your comments about the lifts with our Chief Engineer and we will be looking into that with our lift company. Thank you for bringing that issue to our attention.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed breakfast and that you were happy with the service and variety offered in the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.